Recent Topics

Ads

Advice for 2h Iron Breaker

Let's talk about... everything else
Battlefield

Re: Advice for 2h Iron Breaker

Post#21 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 pm

If likewise dps build for BG +2 Sov mastery points

RoR.builders - Black Guard (knock taken, link bug fix it pls)

or some def

RoR.builders - Black Guard

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#22 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:03 pm

Battlefield wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:15 pm
inoeth wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:21 pm do IBs really only rely on earthshatter proc to enhance their parry? i mean its only 10% would oathbound not be much better?
I would do something like this and go for a regen build for heals
much more dmg and defense

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=1408&t=
Yes it is good before while no gear or renown but if looks a build at 70rr Sov+2 mastery points, so this is better

RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

For IB no point to loose 5% parry and 10% damage tactic with Grudge-Born Fury for Oathbound ability and there are no such build options as for BG.
still no 25% parry and no mobility as you still need earthshatter for at least 10% defense... would really like to use subjugator weapon for speed proc

Battlefield

Post#23 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:16 pm

inoeth wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:03 pm
Battlefield wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:15 pm
inoeth wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:21 pm do IBs really only rely on earthshatter proc to enhance their parry? i mean its only 10% would oathbound not be much better?

Yes it is good before while no gear or renown but if looks a build at 70rr Sov+2 mastery points, so this is better

For IB no point to loose 5% parry and 10% damage tactic with Grudge-Born Fury for Oathbound ability and there are no such build options as for BG.
still no 25% parry and no mobility as you still need earthshatter for at least 10% defense... would really like to use subjugator weapon for speed proc
Eerthshatter gives some advantage but need to choose you can't take it all and healing or absorb abilities sometimes more important. Parry will not help you against Sorc,Shaman or Magus....

RoR.builders - Ironbreaker but i would take previous

or this one without healing ability but good to guard for party, i think you need this

Without Earthshatter IB can use Rock Clutch first morale, it helps to catch runners and you have 5ft snare ability

Farrul

Post#24 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:42 am

Just in case a new IB reads this and is seeking advice for a roaming build ( you mention ''regen build'' so i assume solo roaming/small scale).

That build is terrible for roaming sorry, you're giving up two of the IB's most essential skills for the task: Grumble An'Mutter + Earthshatter, for just a bit more damage and Parry buff which is high maintenance in cost. A build like that is only good for scenarios or when you have the support from a guaranteed healer + melee dps guard target, but Earthshatter is always (ability aoe slow) superior to Grudge born fury (IBs do not need Channel attack to make solid dps, it's just an extra).

Basic setup for 2h solo/ roaming build need to include this:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mm=&mt=&t=

From there use the remaining points to your preference( either Punishing knock+ Runic Shield or Greataxe mastery, with the +2 WL bonus grab all of them)

inoeth
Suspended

Post#25 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:40 am

what about mobility? facing a kiting enemy, you want some speed at some point.. that's why i was asking if IBs really rely on earthshatter weapon or if it was a good idea to go for sujugator/fortress. i can also see avalanche tactic usefull here.. any advice?

CyunUnderis

Post#26 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:59 am

inoeth wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:40 am what about mobility? facing a kiting enemy, you want some speed at some point.. that's why i was asking if IBs really rely on earthshatter weapon or if it was a good idea to go for sujugator/fortress. i can also see avalanche tactic usefull here.. any advice?
[Earthshatter] is really good, giving you %parry/dissipation/dodge, but the parry bonus doesn't stack with the skill Oathbound. It can help a bit with Avalanche (and some RR in Deft Defender), but Avalanche will really shine with a shield.

[Pity] is another good option, because of the proc move speed and good stats.

Quick Escape (10 RR) is a also nice to have if you don't have Avalanche.

Subjugator and the Fortress don't give move speed proc on IB, so it will not help for your mobility (but good for specific gear/build).

Farrul

Post#27 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:15 am

inoeth wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:40 am what about mobility? facing a kiting enemy, you want some speed at some point.. that's why i was asking if IBs really rely on earthshatter weapon or if it was a good idea to go for sujugator/fortress. i can also see avalanche tactic usefull here.. any advice?
IB get the M1 root and Earthshatter, axe tosses can crit for 600 and finish off wounded targets or give Grudges ramping up our damage in the initial stage. Escape 30% // AP pots at the correct moment.

I've experimented with Avalanche but never found mysef really needing it or able to justify it at the expense of more important tactics( tactic slot starved due to the requiremet of Rising Anger ) but Avalanche synergizes with Earthshatter weapon ( + 10 disrupt). Fort weapon does not grant speed % increase but gives the same bonus as WL axe - 25 heal malus, need a PVE (CnT can't remember which one) wep or subj for the effect. Overall Earthshatter is hard to forgoe since it has good stat itemization and the excellent defensive proc. I've tested the lifesteal /speed proc ones but found them inferior for the task.

It really depends on the class performing the kiting, IBs are tanky and can take a lot of punishment with clever use of potions / abilities / use terrain to our advantage(Los) so we can afford to be kited for a while and burst hard once we manage to catch up attempting to win the fight. It's a patience game.

A mini guide:

Hybrid/healing Shamans: pointless fight unless assisting with others, geared IB using a ele resist pot does not need to fear these shamans and their damage can be out-tanked, tie.

Dps/glass shamans: can be timestamped and killd using punishing knock or fall back into safety if attacked from an unfavorable position, against shamans generally use terrain as much as possible, don't bother in the open as solo unless other players join in( Chaos Wastes).

Magus: some maguses will attempt to facetank and so it is a battle of attrition, involves almost no kiting. Other Maguses will go heavy dps and kite using stun/stagger combos and these can be tricky if they are good players, but i still find IB has the tools to either deal with them or fall back into safety healing up with Grumble An'mutter.

Sorc: A good one will timestamp anything but a SnB tank using hold the line ( SM / Wall of darting steel). Thankfully they are easy to kill and catch if alone and IB should never lose to one under these conditions, but sorcs are never solo so this is a group dynamic thing to deal with.

SH: even 2h IB can tank the physical part of SH damage forever(use the pet to buff yourself up if the SH player is sloppy at micromanagement). Use the terrain is key for a quick kill, they are squishy. Poison Arrer can be dangerous though if they manage to land a crit, in my experience against most SHs it's mostly a victory or tie ( if not able to catch up, fall back and heal up). Don't bother in the open or too unfavorable terrain if the SH is adept at kiting with 9k ish wounds ( check ini buff, +5 crit/60 wounds and solo usually means the SH knows what it is doing).

Zealot?? Never fought one solo and i'm rr 83-84 almost exclusively focused and lvling up as solo roaming/ sometimes joining WBs under sieges/fort battles.

Kiting Witch elf/dagger/witchbrew? IBs got high corporeal res and we shouldn't fear this too much.

IB is in the end a tank and plays like one, need to have patience and can't rush in like mdps but then again we do not have to since we're a lot tankier and can afford a more slow approach to the target, build up our grudges using axe tosses/incoming damage whilst preparing to unleash a decent timestamp burst at the correct moment.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#28 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:30 am

ah thank you guys! didnt know that rvr weapins on IB dont have the speed proc.
on my chosen i use them because suppression is easy to land and is much stronger than hand of malal proc. hence i dont know why so man chosen use hand of malal lol.

how much parry does IB get with earthshatter proc? do i come close to 75%?

Ads
Farrul

Post#29 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:13 pm

My IB get 53 % parry before proc so 63% with proc in the character sheet window // 600ish weapon skill unbuffed // 7xx ws with Watch An' Learn buff.

CyunUnderis

Post#30 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:08 pm

Farrul wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:13 pm My IB get 53 % parry before proc so 63% with proc in the character sheet window // 600ish weapon skill unbuffed // 7xx ws with Watch An' Learn buff.
What are your gears to get 53% parry unbuff ? I don't know if a tank can go that high only thanks to the stuff.