Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] gear progression

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Pandastyle

[Zealot] gear progression

Post#1 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 pm

Heyo,

I recently started playing healer and I have a ton of fun with it. I hit rr60 a bit ago and now I start to think about my gear progression.
So far I exclusively had pve gear and tbh its pretty decent. I run with full Vale-Walker set which is a great set in my opinion. 3 Beastlord (cloak, ring, book) and 2 land of the dead ring.

I am thinking about going for full invader for three reasons: first I rather play casually: I am in no guild and play just a bit in the evening after work so I guess full sov is something far in the future. Second, the set bonuses on invader are quite good and similar to Vale-Walker set and I think its ok for some casual play. third, I dont think I will get my hands on bloodlord to replace the invader ToK in the near future, so if I ever wanna go to sov I probably will have to get invader anyway.

Can I get some opinions on my thoughts? thanks lads
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Ads
Duukar

Re: [Zealot] gear progression

Post#2 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:33 pm

I really feel like you've answered your own question here.

Definitely don't feel guilty for getting invader, its a fine set for heals. Especially for the reasons you listed it makes perfect sense.

Cimba

Post#3 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:43 pm

I am currently gearing my rune priest and he is also around 60. The gear path will be Vanquisher into Triumphant into Sovereign or Warlord.

The invader set bonus aren't terrible but they arent really amazing either. Furthermore the invidual stats on the invader pieces are all over the place. With stuff like Morale per second and dodge which even a casual player really doesnt need. Same holds true for sov btw..

Better invest you crests into Triumphant. Its cast speed proc is the single best proc you can have to increase your healing output. It has a bit more crit which is important for your blessing and its piece stats are way more streamlined.
Later on you can combine this set than with 2-3 sov/warlord pieces to get a bit more stats.

As for the weapons you should probably aim for the fortress dagger: Good crit and a decent proc. On the focus you have a bit more options. Fortress Focus is again a decent option but you can also go for "Evil" out of BB/BE. The tooltip of the wounds proc is bugged and only gives you 80 instead of 110 wounds but since it heals you for the same about it can save your ass.

Jewerly goals will be Sov/Warlord, Sentinel/Thriumphant and probably Genesis two pieces. Gunbad Diamond is also an option here.

lemao

Post#4 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:35 pm

Don´t waste your crests on invader for rp/zealot. Full Vanq is better for those classes because of the proc which it provides. Wear it until you can get some triumphant pieces.
Your end game goal is to have 6 pieces triumphant + 3 pieces sov, which is BIS for most content.

Telther

Post#5 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:23 pm

lemao wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:35 pm Don´t waste your crests on invader for rp/zealot. Full Vanq is better for those classes because of the proc which it provides. Wear it until you can get some triumphant pieces.
Your end game goal is to have 6 pieces triumphant + 3 pieces sov, which is BIS for most content.

Until you realize the cleanse procs off your rituals as well…

Pandastyle

Post#6 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:30 pm

thanks for the input so far lads!

can someone elaborate why the reduce casttime proc is better than the "increased healing" procs?
right now I see it like vanq/triumphant vs vale walker/invader.
vanq/triumphant has the ap on heal proc, and the reduced cast time on heal proc
vale walker/ invader has the remove debuff on heal proc and the "increased heal" proc (vale walker 5% chance to increase healing by 6% on direct heal and invader 5% chance to increase 110 healing power on direct heal)

I understand that with the reduced cast time procs, you can spam big heal if it procs bc casttime is reduced to 1,5s. But I was told zealot is a crit healer and relies much on the little heals you can spam anyway

//edit: and the ap on heal procs isnt doing much in my opinion since I run ap on crit heal. so far I havent had any issues with ap management
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Cimba

Post#7 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:10 pm

Both of the big heals (single / group) have cast times larger than the global cooldown. With the proc up it reduces that cast time to 1,5 sec and 1,9 sec. That means the 25% decreased cast time directly translates into a 25% increased healing output when properly used.
The 110 healing power proc cant compete with that. There are also some secondary effects because zealot got a lot of tactics that proc of direct heals e.g. ap pump, absorb shield, blessing so increasing the amount of e.g. group heals you can pump out means hat these tactics are also slightly more valuable.

The cleansing proc sounds nice but unfortunately doenst really do anything. Its correct that it procs of the heal ritual but its only a 5% chance. The ritual proc every 3 seconds so on average the ritual would cleanse 1 effect per minute...
Cleansing works on a first in first out basis so chances are that the one effect it removes would have run out in 3 seconds anyway. If you face someone like a competent bw and you really need to cleanse something you're way better of slotting the tactic.
To make it viable it probably would need a proc chance of 15% or more.

As for the AP proc... with some AP pots you can drop the AP tactic and slot something else.

Spamming little heals has been nerfed a couple of times due to the changes in the absorb mechanic and the gcd fix to 1,5. You can of course still do it. The abilities are still there just dont expect it to be good :)

Omegus

Post#8 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:14 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 pm Heyo,

I recently started playing healer and I have a ton of fun with it. I hit rr60 a bit ago and now I start to think about my gear progression.
So far I exclusively had pve gear and tbh its pretty decent. I run with full Vale-Walker set which is a great set in my opinion. 3 Beastlord (cloak, ring, book) and 2 land of the dead ring.

I am thinking about going for full invader for three reasons: first I rather play casually: I am in no guild and play just a bit in the evening after work so I guess full sov is something far in the future. Second, the set bonuses on invader are quite good and similar to Vale-Walker set and I think its ok for some casual play. third, I dont think I will get my hands on bloodlord to replace the invader ToK in the near future, so if I ever wanna go to sov I probably will have to get invader anyway.

Can I get some opinions on my thoughts? thanks lads
You want the Sentinel Ring so you can equip the +4% heal crit talismans in it which last a week. The Sentinel Ring is slot 3, and you typically take it along with 1-2 other Sentinel pieces for some set bonuses.

The next part is a hard choice of what to pair with the Sentinel pieces: Vanquisher, Invader or Triumphant. Vanquisher is a great set due to the bonuses but doesn't have a jewel slot 4 ring (or any ring). Invader is a very boring set but has a slot 4 ring to allow for better set bonus stacking. Neither are used in end-game gear for the Zealot. The third option is to start buying the Triumphant set. It is basically "Vanquisher but better" and also unlocks the Invader Ward, but it doesn't have a slot 4 ring. Instead, it has a slot 3 ring... which can use those fancy talismans... but costs 9999 war crests. The Triumphant set forms part of the end game gear for the Zealot and includes eventually buying that ring for 9999 crests.

You can either choose to be cheap and get Vanq and then start saving your War Crests for Sovereign (this also requires you to do the Bastion Stair dungeon to get the Bloodlord gear to unlock your Invader ward), you can buy Invader which gets you out of PVE and gives you a good-ring, but all of your Invader gear is pretty much unused at end-game, or you can play the long-game now and start getting Triumphant pieces.

The set combos you will be looking at as you progress are:

1) Sentinel + either Vanq/Invader/Triumphant, then
2) Sentinel 2-3 pieces (including ring) + Sovereign OR Sentiel ring + Triumphant 2-3 pieces + Sovereign, then
3) Triumphant + Sovereign, either with Triumphant as the main set or Sovereign as the main set (there are benefits to either)

If you want to play the long game, get Triumphant gear to go with your Sentinel bits and use LOTD/Genesis/PVE jewels and sets to plug the gaps.

Depending on how casual you play, war crests could be hard to come by, in which case drag yourself through Bastion Stair for the Bloodlord set and save all of your crests so you can just do Sentinel + Sovereign. Buying Invader really is a bit of a waste on the Zealot.
Last edited by Omegus on Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:39 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:14 pm
Pandastyle wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 pm ...
+1, would skip invader (I have full invader from when it was required and still used vanq over it), go for bloodlord (now you can skip lower dungeons GB/BBBE if you have pvp ward), even just 1 lucky BS run and fill missing with Triumph to save crests for sov and weapons.
And yah, would also skip triumphant ring with low play time, unless you are sitting on 18k crests to burn..
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Pandastyle

Post#10 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:08 pm

thanks a lot for the input!
I think I go 6pc triumphant and 2 piece sentinel since I cant afford the triumphant ring. And if that does not suit my playstyle I still can go back to full vale walker set
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot