Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] How to Handle Cockroaches?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
HammerGuy

Re: [Sorc] How to Handle Cockroaches?

Post#11 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:52 am

Hecksa wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:30 am
HammerGuy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:16 pm I'm not sure the reason for the discrepancy matters.

I wasn't trying to explain a discrepancy - I don't think there is a discrepancy.

Balance isn't perfect - no one is asserting that every class can do it's job as well as other classes of the same archetype. However, that doesn't mean the game isn't balanced around group-play. It just means the people doing the balance over the years are human, and can't get everything perfectly right. Also, if they ever did make balance perfect, no one would agree that they had anyway, so it's a pretty thankless task in general.

HammerGuy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:16 pm Anyway, I'm straying from the topic. I just wanted tips on how to handle cockroaches.

Yup. Think there's been plenty of good advice on how to survive already, but I think it's important to manage expectations. Sorc just isn't a good class to use to beat WH 1v1.

For what it's worth though, If I'm playing a Sorc or BW and get jumped while solo, my first priority is to survive and get somewhere safe. Don't worry about killing them - just run towards the nearest safe place (maybe there's a group of players nearby, or a warcamp, or a postern...). Root them if you can (they might take a second to break it, or have cooldown up), use flee if you need to (plus an AP potion lets you keep casting), and down some health potions as necessary. Then, once you're clear and safe, if you're confident, you can consider hitting them back. Or you could mount up and go somewhere else, your call. I'd take the second option.
We'll have to disagree then. I don't believe it is properly balanced, but like I said that wasn't the main point of this topic.

Ads
Hecksa

Post#12 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:27 am

HammerGuy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:52 am We'll have to disagree then. I don't believe it is properly balanced, but like I said that wasn't the main point of this topic.
Sure. To be honest I'm not actually quite sure what we're disagreeing about given that I agreed the game isn't balanced, but like you say this is all a bit of a sideline so I'll happily let it lie!

tazdingo

Post#13 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:26 am

run towards a big guy screaming. if you're putting in work with dmg and everyone's pos is good then someone should be looking out for you.