Recent Topics

Ads

IB not enough Grudges

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sinisterror

Re: IB not enough Grudges

Post#91 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:04 pm

Battlefield wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:44 pm BG on RoR was strongly buffed before and this was not a nerf about Wall Of Darting Steel etc.
BG's tactic Hastened Doom is much more convenient at times than this Stubborn as stone, every time must to lose 1,5sec gcd then Witch of Chosen can easy remove this buff from you. I even stopped using it.
It's 5 Grudge no CD and gain is huge, your loss if your stopped using it. That is like Slayer saying " I Stopped using Rampage because DoK and Blorc can easily Remove it" You have Free 370 Corp resis buff which very nice against those Welfs + 50% AA haste and like i said it can be up 40 seconds from 1 use but you wont use it:E AA dmg is hardest hitting dmg as long you are using 4.2speed 2H so that 50% Aa haste is big dmg boost.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Battlefield

Post#92 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:07 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:04 pm
Battlefield wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:44 pm BG on RoR was strongly buffed before and this was not a nerf about Wall Of Darting Steel etc.
BG's tactic Hastened Doom is much more convenient at times than this Stubborn as stone, every time must to lose 1,5sec gcd then Witch of Chosen can easy remove this buff from you. I even stopped using it.
It's 5 Grudge no CD and gain is huge, your loss if your stopped using it. That is like Slayer saying " I Stopped using Rampage because DoK and Blorc can easily Remove it" You have Free 370 Corp resis buff which very nice against those Welfs + 50% AA haste and like i said it can be up 40 seconds from 1 use but you wont use it:E AA dmg is hardest hitting dmg as long you are using 4.2speed 2H so that 50% Aa haste is big dmg boost.
Better Stubborn as stone was with cd but without gcd and do not exaggerate these are different things compared to Rampage and the main magic damage of destruction is spirit and elemental and only snb BO can debuff corporeal or Chosen a bit. In short it's not worth it, if you have 500-600+ corporeal resistance. I'm surprised if you didn't know that.

Farrul

Post#93 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:42 am

Battlefield wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:06 pmit would be nice to remove the global cooldown from the Watch An'Learn ability, which has no damage, just a buff and at the moment of the battle sometimes there is no time to buff it and lose damage.

Also before i thought that IB has much more damage than Kotbs, but now i can say that there is not such a big difference, maybe because Kotbs has OYG aura and on my opinion 2h IB additionaly needs at least 25% armor penetration buff or tactic, for example instead of Rising Anger.
BG has Murderous Wrath ability that ignore 25% armor of the target.

I'm stopping playing for IB for now because I'm disappointed at the moment...
After 80rr+ of Magus,Chosen,Marauder,Kotbs, dps RP and Engineer i can say it's not worth wasting your nerves on IB.
Yes GCD off Watch An'Learn isn't a bad change, everything that can help the class with the time-issue is welcomed.

I'm sorry but you need to gear out your IB (+600 weapon skill unbuffed or with lini/ 850-900 str/melee power) and then learn to play it properly ( this is one of, if not the hardest classes to master ) but IBs at high grudges do A LOT more dps than kotbs. Heavy Blow is a better skill than Murderous Wrath.
BG has to dedicate a tactic slot for it, IB ability is core skill, this isn't really an issue please stay focused on the things IB really need. Apart from the resource imbalance ( in general, GCD / Grudges/ uptime) i do not see a balance issue between these two classes, different abilities and pros/cons (one being more defensive, the other more offence oriented)
Sinisterror wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:34 pmImo Rising anger being passive(without tactic needed) along with longer duration AF/Oathbound is best change to IB. There is already great tactics to choose with IB. But like i said this is matter of taste.
This exactly.

ibfury

Post#94 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:46 pm

Guys, I have both classes. I'm currently playing on my IB and what I can say is that it really needs some attention. Back there some decisions made him worse, nothing was improved, just nerfed. While BG had Devs with more affection.

It makes no sense for the mechanics of the IB to be the same as the BG but compromised, as if it were a serious failure. While the BG is constantly ready to use its abilities, does an IB need to burn a tactic to get the mechanic working properly?

This subject has already been discussed at other times, with great known players, proving it wrong... these players were never heard, they gave up on the class and today if there is any known IB left, it is almost forgotten.

If you don't miss a slot with the Rising Anger tactic and you're alone, it's very difficult to raise Grudge.

I agree that there are no identical mirrors here, but in this case it is an offense to the class. Back there he already suffered from an absurd nerf in Cave In for example. While his "mirror" gained the Cave In effect, that's pretty sad.

And yes, many will say it's ok, but it's not, and you say that because you don't play with IB, you don't play in Order and you don't want to see a competitive class beating you.

Ruin

Post#95 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:15 am

Well another solution to grudge issues could be to chage Gruges in a way tha Ib starts a fight with 100 Grudes instead of 0. This would make his skills at 100% effectivness, but what he does with it its up to him. if he spends them and noone is attacking him its his problem. if hes not swaping oath friend its his problem. but he dosen't enter fight gimped.

And grudges regen when out of combat same as with a WP or DOK.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#96 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:19 am

Ruin wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:15 am Well another solution to grudge issues could be to chage Gruges in a way tha Ib starts a fight with 100 Grudes instead of 0. This would make his skills at 100% effectivness, but what he does with it its up to him. if he spends them and noone is attacking him its his problem. if hes not swaping oath friend its his problem. but he dosen't enter fight gimped.

And grudges regen when out of combat same as with a WP or DOK.
from a mechanic pov this makes sense but not from the rpg pov... i mean "grudge" speaks for itself right?

Ruin

Post#97 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:31 am

dont we have a Full Book already preperd, reaching generatons back?