Recent Topics

Ads

SC Dynamic Bolster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
mynban

Re: SC Dynamic Bolster

Post#21 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:14 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:46 am
mynban wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:37 am

Discordant SCs are abused by premades trickling in 3 duos.

Prove it. Use the killboard. Report it to a GM.

We're not against taking action on people abusing the pug scen, but there's hardly ever usable evidence when all the tools are at your fingertips.
Killboard seems to cluster Discordant ones with normal queue ones under type dropdown. Is there a way to check just the disc ones? Right now if I go over it and submit I wont know for certain if those matches were actually disc ones.

Also would be real good if there was data on scenario parties. Relatively easy to spot people gathering in P5

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#22 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:01 am

mynban wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:14 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:46 am
mynban wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:37 am

Discordant SCs are abused by premades trickling in 3 duos.

Prove it. Use the killboard. Report it to a GM.

We're not against taking action on people abusing the pug scen, but there's hardly ever usable evidence when all the tools are at your fingertips.
Killboard seems to cluster Discordant ones with normal queue ones under type dropdown. Is there a way to check just the disc ones? Right now if I go over it and submit I wont know for certain if those matches were actually disc ones.

Also would be real good if there was data on scenario parties. Relatively easy to spot people gathering in P5
The Discordant scenarios are marked as Pickup in the dropdown menu.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ashoris

Post#23 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:26 am

mynban wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:37 am Discordant SCs are abused by premades trickling in 3 duos.
but you know this is more often an excuse by the loosing side than reality right ?
Sometimes Discordant can be really frustrating yes ! especially on Order side ... tons of Engi's/WHs/SWs .... and not 1 of them que'ing in a duo while destru actually has some people queuein in duo with Melee/tank rdps/heal.

That does not mean they are abusing the system ... it just means they put in a little bit more effort.

In the average discordant SC on order side people are not even able to switch groups when in theory everything for 2/2/2 is there ... instead you have a grp with 4 tanks and 0 heal and a grp with 4 heal and 0 tanks.

While at the same time you can find forum threads like this one.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Avernus

Post#24 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:32 am

Ashoris wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:26 am Sometimes Discordant can be really frustrating yes ! especially on Order side ... tons of Engi's/WHs/SWs .... and not 1 of them que'ing in a duo while destru actually has some people queuein in duo with Melee/tank rdps/heal.
Heh i guess you won't say a word against solo slayer/BW/WL. Well, sorry that this classes aren't that good - but its not like the people playing this classes made them like that?

Akalukz

Post#25 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:00 pm

lemao wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:05 pm
Spoiler:
Akalukz wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:15 pm
lemao wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:38 pm

Im not against better matchmaking, but the queue time is going to increase by a large amount.
Don´t punish "premades" and make them sit in queue for 30 minutes for 1 sc pop (while the non premade vs premade scs will probably pop way more often).

Increase the rewards/crests gain by a large number for groups who are willing to face other groups, otherwise everyone will just take the easy route on this server like always and queue solo while not having to worry about facing a well played 6 man.
There is literally an entire scenario bracket designed specifically for premade vs premade. Group Ranked. Maybe they should increase it to 12 men and warbands as well.
Yes, and still no one is queuing it, even when insignias were activated. Pure grp 6v6 is way different and comp dependant than "random" scs with 12 or 18 players on each side, where you don´t have to run "meta 6v6 comps" to have success. The more people in a sc, the more forgiving are the (non 6vs6 meta classes) classes you play. I´m not denying most premades/groups on this server enjoy farming pugs all day (somehow ? ), once they get to face a stronger group most stop queuing instantly. Some enjoy having a challenge of course in normal scs vs other groups and keep queuing even when losing, others don´t have the right setups/classes which are essential for pure 6vs6 fights and therefore the only option is to queue normal scs with their grp. Thats why i´m saying you have to increase the rewards for more standard premade vs premade scs and see if it helps creating more balanced scs overall for everyone.
Point Made :) and I agree
-= Agony =-

Akalukz

Post#26 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:05 pm

Would be nice if they could actually show how the queuer works. maybe there is just some slight flaw in the process that creates all these imbalanced scenarios. The other night I was queing discordant. Got just about the same people on both sides for a bit and never once did we have more than 1 healer, so i say hey i am gonna switch to a healer. log in, boom next 3 scenarios we had like 6 healers and no dps.
-= Agony =-

Sapblatter

Post#27 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:19 pm

We have tried this "better" matchmaking system and people wasn't happy waiting for a scenario pop, i saw it was mentioned 30+ plus minutes waiting time and that was on a good day. What about the lower population hours of the game (NA) they might not even get one scenario a hour due reduced numbers.

Yes it sucks then you get a bad matchmaking but over a course of a couple of hours played i would say that it evens out, even just queuing as a duo, you can drastically change the outcome of a scenario, last weekend i went on a 20 win streak just playing as a AM/BW combo and even this week I've managed a win streak of 8+ being a duo SW/WL