Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] - Fresh lvl 40 - Help with build

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Golaz

[Sorc] - Fresh lvl 40 - Help with build

Post#1 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:00 am

I just picked up my sorc again who just dinged 40 at rr 45. So far I have just been single target spec which I pretty much enjoy.
Almost entirely lvled her up in scenarios, but now I'm thinking of joining warbands in open rvr. Is it expected for me to use an aoe spec, if so, can anyone recommend an aoe build or is it ok to stay single target?

I was thinking of something like this maybe for AOE spec?
RoR.builders - Sorcerer

Ads
normanis

Re: [Sorc] - Fresh lvl 40 - Help with build

Post#2 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:29 pm

"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sightbringer

Post#3 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:08 pm

I have an 82 sorc and for small scale like running with a 6 man (or less) and fighting against similarly sized groups, I prefer single target (aka ST). You can burn people down if your dots fire. My typical rotation of abilities for ST:

Chillwind, Word of Pain, Vision of Torment, Gloomburst, Impending Doom, and then Hand of Ruin. Throw in Ice Spikes if you can / need to.

I find the timing of that has a lot of damage landing around the same time so it can surprise your enemy.

Spec for ST including tactic choices:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,9524,9523

If I have a tank to guard me and healers to keep me alive, I go all out AOE. My chief abilities are Infernal Wave, Disastrous Cascade (this combined with a choppa using Chop Fasta is great), Surging Pain, Ice Spikes, occasionally will drop a pit of shades, Impending Doom to hit a single called target. I will also toss dots on people if I have nothing else to do or they're too far for AOE. Note that I run the Piercing Shadows tactic which is an unmitigatable 375 damage with full dark magic (always run full dark magic) which adds up over time. I'd say Disastrous Cascade hits hardest because it is fast and will hit for 600+ on crits.

Spec for AOE:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,9529,9526

I run 5 Sovereign and 4 Triumphant (includes the ring but I ran 3 Triumphant until I could save for the ring).

It can be a painful road to get your sorc up but once you run the gauntlet, you can be pretty powerful with the right team behind you... Good luck finding that. Some people on destro don't have any respect for sorcs because they don't know anyone who plays them AOE which is close range and played effectively the same as melee DPS but better (yeah, I said it :mrgreen: ). So basically you'll find any choppa will get priority over you when it comes to guard. Try to get into a good warband like Hand of Blood sometime and see what their AOE sorcs do... it's a thing of beauty.

Update 2/28/2023: I had the link wrong for the ST spec. Fixed.
Last edited by Sightbringer on Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanski

Post#4 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:58 pm

For ST this is the only build you should be running.

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

You can swap endless knowledge for frozen fury but ive found ff to have higher burst on dummies in ic.
Timestamp rotation - VoT to cover other dots ->chillwind>wop>artic blast>gloomburst>impending doom>HoR

Renown - Full FS then magic crit, or 3 fs magic cirt. Full FS helps a lot for survivability

Edit - AOE melee sorc - RoR.builders - Sorcerer

You want to use FM M2 for st and shatter for aoe melee sorc
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Phantasm

Post#5 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:56 pm

Golaz wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:00 am I just picked up my sorc again who just dinged 40 at rr 45. So far I have just been single target spec which I pretty much enjoy.
Almost entirely lvled her up in scenarios, but now I'm thinking of joining warbands in open rvr. Is it expected for me to use an aoe spec, if so, can anyone recommend an aoe build or is it ok to stay single target?

I was thinking of something like this maybe for AOE spec?
RoR.builders - Sorcerer
As a so lowbie tier 4 sorc you will find hard time getting into proper 2/2/2 warbands. I can imagine most of your rvr will be in pugish warbands, therefore I propose to start practice with range aoe spec.

Range AoE pug spec

No need a guard in pug warband, but still leathal and good spec to learn range and positioning. Your main dmg abilities are Ice spikes, Gloom of night if you see a melee blob forming around, every 5s Infernal Wave (thats best aoe skill sorc have) and pit of shades/shadow knives.

Aeternam

Post#6 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:20 am

Tanski wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:58 pm For ST this is the only build you should be running.

RoR.builders - Sorcerer

You can swap endless knowledge for frozen fury but ive found ff to have higher burst on dummies in ic.
Timestamp rotation - VoT to cover other dots ->chillwind>wop>artic blast>gloomburst>impending doom>HoR

Renown - Full FS then magic crit, or 3 fs magic cirt. Full FS helps a lot for survivability

Edit - AOE melee sorc - RoR.builders - Sorcerer

You want to use FM M2 for st and shatter for aoe melee sorc
Was wondering about Aoe spec. Why taking Lenghtening Shadows tactic if you don't equip it and replace by Frozen fury ?

Atropik

Post#7 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:54 am

thats because - it doesnt really matter what you take in aoe tree on top of Cascade and Neverending Agony, all these tactics and abilities just make no sence, you can take all of them or none, nobody will notice the difference, even you xd

Sorcs st and aoe masteries require a rework for a very long time.
Nicelook | Obey

Delirio

Post#8 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:51 pm

st build, solo im 86 RoR.builders - Sorcerer

im not sure if shadow of disaster work maybe a bug ?
Cosmine / sorc

Wanka / mara

Scalvo / wpriest

Ads
Helwer

Post#9 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:20 pm

Curious what you think about a supportive aoe build:
As fresh 40 you can buff dmg output of your group and help with protection. So no big numbers on your own but kills and utility for the group.

With aoe-spells cascade and infernal waves and tactics "infernal gift", "frozen fury" and "tapping the dark" buffs should be permanent up.

Equipments: BL, HV for armor+, sentinel to reduce cooldowns and chance to be critted or as alternative scenario-gear.

RR FS and defensive stats.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,9511,9529