Recent Topics

Ads

Population Balance Suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Scottx125

Re: Population Balance Suggestion

Post#11 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:44 pm

The 3 faction system would help so much more.. If the Devs had the resources. I like the mercenary idea. Take existing order/Destro classes and have them as a 3rd faction which can fight or aid either side. Give them more of a cobbled together gear aesthetic Even pirate aesthetic.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Dobzse

Post#12 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:49 am

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:44 pm The 3 faction system would help so much more.. If the Devs had the resources. I like the mercenary idea. Take existing order/Destro classes and have them as a 3rd faction which can fight or aid either side. Give them more of a cobbled together gear aesthetic Even pirate aesthetic.
As things are setup right now 3rd faction would not solve the issue to be honest. You still could have 1 side have 50 people and only 1-2 people on the other side. You need to balance online people as they would be teams. And let's be honest this is the main issue right now. There is not much that prevent you to switch to the winning side and leave the people under the train who are loosing badly.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Scottx125

Post#13 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:39 pm

Dobzse wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:49 am
Scottx125 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:44 pm The 3 faction system would help so much more.. If the Devs had the resources. I like the mercenary idea. Take existing order/Destro classes and have them as a 3rd faction which can fight or aid either side. Give them more of a cobbled together gear aesthetic Even pirate aesthetic.
As things are setup right now 3rd faction would not solve the issue to be honest. You still could have 1 side have 50 people and only 1-2 people on the other side. You need to balance online people as they would be teams. And let's be honest this is the main issue right now. There is not much that prevent you to switch to the winning side and leave the people under the train who are loosing badly.
Oh I absolutely agree. If the population was more numerous it would work better. The only way to solve it with low population is a type of AAO that makes the fewer players stronger IMO to actually compete against greater numbers.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.