Recent Topics

Ads

Solo roaming, how bad can it be.

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kenyo

Solo roaming, how bad can it be.

Post#1 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:20 pm

A completely different solo roaming video, with a poke of fun at the other solo roaming videos.

https://youtu.be/Pv-oe7Wp-i8

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: Solo roaming, how bad can it be.

Post#2 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:17 pm

This is most relatable solo roam video to date, actually made me laugh

And those +40 renown ticks for your few assists seems about right

:lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Martok

Post#3 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:43 pm

As with every other aspect of this game the art of solo-roaming has evolved over time, and given the time-frames involved with the publication dates of my solo-roaming videos that truth is clearly illustrated.

The days when one could simply mount up and blindly ride around hoping to run into just one enemy are over, if they ever truly existed. As a consequence of this simple truth roaming solo today does include a higher percentage of One v Zerg. If your desire truly is to engage in as many one v one encounters as possible, achieving that goal involves a bit of trickery and manipulation of events to help create that opportunity.

WH's and WE's rarely run alone any longer, they play a game of utilizing the extended stealth and baiting people with a single exposed target. Therefore, if you find someone just standing around alone assume they are not alone because they most probably are not. You have to catch people on the move. There are additional aspects to the art but I know, I know, this thread is about how silly we all are.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:43 pm

Eh, solo roaming still exists if you go looking for it. The easiest trick is to head to the zone where the the most players aren't. The only problem now is that usually the players in the low pop zone are just looking to box run, and sometimes you just end up scaring them all away. Never the less, a fun video. :D

Oh, and for the record, a group of Witch Hunters isn't referred to as a flange. The proper terminology is a Weakness or a Wimpiness of Witch Hunters. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

oaliaen

Post#5 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:37 am

this makes me remember the old days of doom 3d

Cyrylius

Post#6 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:00 am

Proper term for a group of witch hunters is party, or 12 man if there's more than 10.
On order, that is. On destro the terminology is highly vulgar and i won't risk a forum ban by using it here.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#7 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:35 am

every 1on1 ends up in a 1v6+ WH always!