Recent Topics

Ads

[Feedback] Night of Murder 2023

Let's talk about... everything else
Kaelang

[Feedback] Night of Murder 2023

Post#1 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:21 pm

Hello!

Please utilise this thread for any and all feedback in regards to our ongoing Live Event: Night of Murder. This thread will run through until the end of the event where it will be archived.

Forum rules still apply so please keep feedback constructive. Feedback collected within this thread will shape the future development of our Live Events.

Discussion is fine, but keep feedback related to the Live Event or your comment will be removed.

Thanks!
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Scottx125

Re: [Feedback] Night of Murder 2023

Post#2 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:07 pm

I'll be honest aside from the capes (if you don't have them), jewellery and the pegasus (if you don't have one) the rewards are pretty uninspired. The cooking event was so much better, even the one with all the masks. The warbands roaming around Altdorf and IC is pretty interesting and fun. Makes me wonder what it would be like for a different type of city siege or an attack on the lord at the end of an RVR campaign.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Mortgrimm

Post#3 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:34 pm

This event is again something most ppl are interesting in. Doesn´t matter if u care about the rewards and stuff. It´s still a nice content.
The downside is that the event makes the rvr even more zergy. It´s pretty much the death call for small scale fights and guilds. Now u only find multiple warbands running together in the lakes to get as much kills as possible. It was bad before and now it´s even worse. Why is everything in this game focussed on zerg?
Small guilds and parties become forced to take a break during this event or call it in general.
As much as i love this game it´s getting more and more frustrating.
Maybe there are options to change something in the reward system to let small scale benefit more from doing this?
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

Caduceus

Post#4 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:09 pm

You made a couple of nice additions to an event which I already very much enjoyed in the past.

Hats off, for finding ways to improve the game, whether they're big or small.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

kryss

Post#5 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:50 pm

Imho "Invasion" is the basic idea for a revamp of city sieges. That's how they should be: no silly instances, no bummer phases, no 24 vs 24 at fixed times. No one really cares about them, cause you got nothing to lose. That's how I'd change them: you reach reikwald, after u really worked your way through the campaign?

Good, now u can enter the city gates at south, like real barbarians: warbands, solo spies, pugs, desperates, stragglers, all together to try to sack the REAL Altdorf. Pump up the level of guards, put some perma roaming bosses in, and then you get the real deal: devastation, pillaging, kills of players and NPCS all alike. With Loot, yes, on players AND Npcs/Bosses. NOW that's something to fight for: you win? LOOT, humiliation of the other faction. You lose? 1-5-10 hrs without being able to buy equipment, trade, etc.

Some of my fondest PvP memories was open world PvP in vanilla WoW, ganking in Blackrock mountain, Lord Kazzak's invasion of Stormwind, a video of a solo rogue who kept killing Ironforge bankers on and on and was chased all around the city by raging Alliance players. That's something I'd care for

dwyur

Post#6 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:01 pm

Props for the creative idea of getting ported into enemy city and being able to make a stand with a warband type of thing. Always cool to experience something new with these events. The population has fallen a bit as it tends to new content patches/other things launching like DAOC Eden server which pulls from the same playerbase (dead RvR MMOs), so anything that might bring players back and playing again is positive to me.

I think reward wise it's fine, dyes & a cloak are perma items or whatever. Would be cool to have a perma mount once in awhile or something else.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

forsa

Post#7 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:55 pm

PVE status in capitals breaks the fun and should be removed completely.
As soon as there is a person in rvr status nearby, immortal PVE guys start bodyblocking breaking the immersion and fun.
You are on enemy territory, how come you are "doing your pve stuff"?
Frustrating to play against gameplay-wise and counters logic of RoR all out war.
Last edited by forsa on Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taz83

Post#8 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:00 pm

Amazing Event.
I and many friends really enjoy this event to the point that we want this event to be available at least once a week such as the land of the dead or cities its fun to fight in the enemy city

really great job team thanks for making the game fun for us

Ads
Detangler

Post#9 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:57 pm

Seems a lot harder to dodge guards in Altdorf, but I like the sneaking around aspect of this. I wish city sieges were open rvr rather than instanced crap. Like the other guy said: more pumped up guards and actua looting and sacking of the capital. Maybe dynamic guards so less players means tankier and harder hitting guards to keep it even. Attacking NPCs for attacker side as well if population is wonky the other direction, too.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

dunaline

Post#10 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:33 pm

Great event!

But what's even better is that this is how City Sieges should be. I really dont care if it's a timed event or like before, that when you took the forts you got to siege.
When city is on, Everything in Altdorf/IC gets pvp flagged for 2 hours and the mayhem starts:)

But apart from the long awsome riddle quest, this is the best event so far imo. Hats off!