Recent Topics

Ads

Having fun so far

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Xnn

Having fun so far

Post#1 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:29 am

Played a lot of WoW (especially Wrath - MoP xpacs) and had a video recommended to me... I had no idea there was a private server! I had always heard good things about it (besides lag in larger battles and slow updates on live servers), and so far everything is just oozing with style. It's an old game but the charm and the feel of the combat so far makes me overlook it.

The only thing I really don't care for is how the targeting seems to work. Tabbing through the enemies tends to start at the right and move left (instead of targeting the thing in front of me that I wanted) and I find it frustrating to have to hit a separate keybind instead of being able to tap the button twice to select a target in front of me and cast (aka /targetenemy). I have to have yet another button to target myself before I can heal myself... I tend to use mouseover macros to heal in other games, so I'd prefer if the spell on my bar healed ONLY me. I've gotten an addon called "enemy" that can do mouseover but I haven't figured that out yet.

Are there macros that can do these things (target enemy if none exists and @player functionality)? Is there a way to change the function of the tab targeting?

Anyway, glad I found this, and I'm definitely going to recommend it to the people I usually play with. Chose a Shaman and am looking at the DPS spec (ranged caster with offhealing and support is right up my ally). Haven't found a guide for that spec yet if anyone knows of one. Thanks!

Ads
dwyur

Re: Having fun so far

Post#2 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:30 am

Go to keybinds- there are different keybinds for "Target Nearest Enemy" & "Target Next Enemy." Tab is "Cycle Enemies." Should be one for targeting yourself.
There is an add-on for click-target healing I believe as well.

Shaman thread
viewtopic.php?t=32039
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Rubius
Developer

Post#3 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:31 am

Looks like Dwyur has most of your questions answered - welcome to the server!

grendel1892

Post#4 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:21 pm

use enemy add-on and goto click casting you can set left mouse double click pretty easily to cast hots on your target. for targetting enemies i can't help. some people like the swift assist add-on. but that is usually more for groups, and assisting other players targets. i will say that default keybinds actively screw up your heal targets, pressing alt or ctrl for accesss to second and third action bars while tab targetting is usually the culprit. goto keybinds and disable anything that uses alt ctrl for target selection. and F1 always self targets.
I smash things on Bolimor (WP) :shock:
I heal Peoplez on Mewanna Party (RP) :o
I guard the slayer on Igurd (SM) :D
I shootz arrows on Frigi Dare (SW) :(

BluIzLucky

Post#5 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:45 am

Welcome,

Here's a AM Hybrid Guide, have fun :)
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Xnn

Post#6 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:46 am

Thanks for all the great responses guys. The best I can gather the type of target macros I'm looking for don't exist because apparently you could abuse them? I'd just like to do standard stuff (and would prefer if they just were able to limit the conditionals and what players could access), but I have found some workarounds and it's not too bad.

I got enemy working and customized and a few bread and butter working with a mouseover. Already got one friend to make a toon about to get another. XD