Recent Topics

Ads

CASE STUDY: War Crest vs RR progression

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tlitschye

Re: CASE STUDY: War Crest vs RR progression

Post#21 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:06 pm

So looking at the post from BluIzLucky we could conclude that depending on class you would get more for your playtime before the currency unification, any opposing views?
I think the main intent was to provide this feedback and maybe it might result in an adjustment of the prices, i think especially as some drops were removed from the bags it results in slower gearing as before.
But not sure if this is the right channel to trigger such.
So again the offer, if there is appetite to use my data for further evaluation, please let me know.

You can close the thread if you like.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#22 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:39 pm

tlitschye wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:06 pm So looking at the post from BluIzLucky we could conclude that depending on class you would get more for your playtime before the currency unification, any opposing views?
I think the main intent was to provide this feedback and maybe it might result in an adjustment of the prices, i think especially as some drops were removed from the bags it results in slower gearing as before.
But not sure if this is the right channel to trigger such.
So again the offer, if there is appetite to use my data for further evaluation, please let me know.

You can close the thread if you like.
No i dont' think progress was quicker preunification. This has basically removed progress by content barriers, now it is just progression with no content barriers. 100Xs better this way.
-= Agony =-

Wdova

Post#23 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:43 am

rejndjer wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:25 pm bear in mind that dps classes have higher renown-to-crest gain than tanks/healers.
I noticed that. I am only 2 invader piece on my tank at rr 68 and my weapons are still rr 45 ones. I dont buy rr pots. All my income goes for gear progression. Crazy!
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Detangler

Post#24 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:35 pm

The "case study" here should mention HOW they spent most of their time and on what class. Big difference between a shield tank in pug wb in oRvR vs. a BW/Sorc zerg surfing solo and leeching big renown/crests vs. doing solo queue discordants vs. premades with guildies.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

agemennon675

Post#25 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:55 am

Your post is accurate below invader/sov, I would just like to add that before the crest change it was way more easier to get invader gear itself from fort bags and getting sov from a city logging almost every day but right now its like at least 2x slower to buy invader/sov even if you play non-stop all day. It is especially harder for tank/healer arcetypes as well since they are dependent on the dps in their party for kill credit cuz contribution bags lost too much value
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Sulorie

Post#26 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:17 am

agemennon675 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:55 am ... I would just like to add that before the crest change it was way more easier to get invader gear itself from fort bags and getting sov from a city logging almost every day ...
Some people were not able to join forts/city back then because those often happened during low pop hours. Getting no invader was some kind of a roadblock for them.
Dying is no option.

Wdova

Post#27 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:09 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:17 am
agemennon675 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:55 am ... I would just like to add that before the crest change it was way more easier to get invader gear itself from fort bags and getting sov from a city logging almost every day ...
Some people were not able to join forts/city back then because those often happened during low pop hours. Getting no invader was some kind of a roadblock for them.
This issue does not vanished. Some ppl are still not able to join fort/cities. Difference is that gearing progression is much slower than back in the days. Making ward progression to pvp and the need to buy lower sets to be able to buy gear apropriate to Your level made the game super grindy. Low reward for scenario win, removing npc with 5 crest reward repeatable quest along with removing the gear from rvr/fort/city bags has only effect which is newbies and lowbies will be farmed for longer period of time by geared 80+. Only way to quicken gearing progression is doing pve for wards, skip rvr gear completely and save all crests for triump/sov/warlord.

I wish I knew this earlier 😕
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Sapblatter

Post#28 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:42 pm

I recently levelled a witch elf from level 1 up to rr70, I pretty much solo queued for scenarios and while I was waiting for them I soloed in rvr, I brought all sets of gear up to Conqueror ward and after that I ran pve for my vanq and invader ward. I currently sitting at 5k crests (I'm aware the event has helped but I was at 4k before the event) I believe by the time I'm rr78 I should have enough crests for all the sov I need. I also have never used any renown potions.

Myself I believe the current crest system is better and maybe a little quicker, since no matter that enemy I kill they will drop a crest I can use unlike the old system if I killed a conq geared character it would only drop a conq crest that wouldn't be any good.

Ads