Recent Topics

Ads

Magus/Engineer - Daemon/Turret Summonig

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dobzse

Magus/Engineer - Daemon/Turret Summonig

Post#1 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:25 pm

Hi,

I think the Magus/Engineer - Daemon/Turret Summonig should be changed to be instant and remove the cast time. Reason being its unable to move, and currently the insta summoning tactic is a no brainer for most builds. It just makes the class gimped annoying to play without that tactic.
So why buff the engi/magus ?Would this change make them Overpowered ? No not really everyone is already having this tactic equiped, it would just make the class viable for warband play instead of considering a class to bring in your warband that only has 3 tactic slots.

I hope this suggestion do gets some love.

Cheers.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Ads
Wdova

Re: Magus/Engineer - Daemon/Turret Summonig

Post#2 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:49 am

Curently leveling my engie and at lvl 29 I dont even have a chance to slot this tactic. Orvr is real pain without it.
Only scenario when You can unslot this tactic is keep/fort defence, when You are more or less stacinary.
If devs decide to make daemons/turrets insta cast without need a tactic as too strong or game breaking, I suggest change tactic from insta cast + 0 AP redeploy to insta cast + redeploy cooldown reduce by 5s (10sbetter).
Because engi/magus has double struggle.
If You use insta cast turret over redeploy, You constantly loose all bonuses it provides. Redeploy has is better, but it has too long CD to be effective when fight constantly move.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Whyumadbro

Post#3 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 pm

dont make it instant! make it castable on the walk and problem solved

wachlarz

Post#4 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:17 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 pm dont make it instant! make it castable on the walk and problem solved
No its not. Magus dont walk.

MonkeyHead

Post#5 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:59 pm

The summons are just silly and a terrible mechanic. It's a tiny damage buff and then one of 3 real buffs needed to make the character viable at all. but all that only works if this stupid summon is in range and takes no damage from any source. Its not worth fixing. Its counter to how this game is played and has no benefit for the Group in all but the most rare occasions. Remove the summons entirely and just make the stupid thing a buff that isn't instantly removed but the slightest damage or moving 40 feet. No other class has a core part of it that is removable by moving too far or any form of damage by any source.

Whyumadbro

Post#6 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:01 pm

wachlarz wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:17 pm
Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:07 pm dont make it instant! make it castable on the walk and problem solved
No its not. Magus dont walk.
damn thats my favorite post in over 5 years of forum, good game gentleman!

Wdova

Post#7 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:12 pm

That does not solve issue with redeploy. If You want to keep some buff stacks, You always want to use redeploy over summoning new one.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

squiggastolemybike

Post#8 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:36 pm

I'm not that experienced with these classes but I have every other type of dps in end game gear and can compare. In my understanding Magus/Engineer would need a few more upgrades to things that currently do not make sense to be desirable in groups:
- Reduce the cast time of building turrets or summoning demons from 2 seconds to 1 second.
- Reduce intervals of buff stack application from demons and turrets from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
- Instant pet summon tactic could get an additional effect: damage increased by 15% for 10 seconds if pet dies, not stackable with buffs from pets (similar to White Lion's 'Revenge').
- Reduce cooldowns of 'Self-Destruct' and 'Instability' from 60 to 35 seconds.
83 Marauder ][ 82 Zealot ][ 82 Chosen
83 Black Orc ][ 82 Ironbreaker ][ 81 Blackguard
82 Sorceress ][ 83 Choppa ][ 82 Shadow Warrior
81 Witch Elf ][ 81 Witch Hunter ][ 81 Squig Herder
83 Shaman ][ 82 DoK ][ 80 WP ][ 79 SL, SM, WL

Ads
Dobzse

Post#9 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:43 am

squiggastolemybike wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:36 pm I'm not that experienced with these classes but I have every other type of dps in end game gear and can compare. In my understanding Magus/Engineer would need a few more upgrades to things that currently do not make sense to be desirable in groups:
- Reduce the cast time of building turrets or summoning demons from 2 seconds to 1 second.
- Reduce intervals of buff stack application from demons and turrets from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
- Instant pet summon tactic could get an additional effect: damage increased by 15% for 10 seconds if pet dies, not stackable with buffs from pets (similar to White Lion's 'Revenge').
- Reduce cooldowns of 'Self-Destruct' and 'Instability' from 60 to 35 seconds.
I agree with those suggestions but if the summoning is not instant then make it castable while moving, but yes 2 seconds thats too much.
And I would probably also buff the range of the buff, so if the turret is alive you should get the buff.
The turret will not run next to you, you will not be able to hoard the turret like a pet. Say for instance to be fair then, why should all the other pets (WL/SH) get any benefit (like doing damage)if they move too far away from their masters? I think its the same debate to have.
Dreadnari - Chosen
Chuckz - BlackOrc
Xalzius - Magus
Dreadclaw - White Lion
Boombastic - Engineer
Dobzse - Knight of the Blazing Sun

malmar

Post#10 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:04 am

why not separate buff from turret and keep it always on engie - or until he changes buff?

and turret cast must be instant. game is just not meant to played without moving. besides, with 1.5s gcd it doesn't matter if it has cast time.