Recent Topics

Ads

[Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
giorge44

Re: [Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Post#131 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:32 pm

what you dont undistand??? batlle work slow,loot slow,when sell item slow work..lag bug every time.. how irresponsible can you be???

Ads
Kaelang

Post#132 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:46 pm

giorge44 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:32 pm what you dont undistand??? batlle work slow,loot slow,when sell item slow work..lag bug every time.. how irresponsible can you be???
I don't know what to tell you. Maybe use a VPN?

And, check your language - I'm trying to decipher your attempt at reporting an issue, the last thing I want is attitude.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

eleika

Post#133 » Sun May 21, 2023 4:57 pm

how do I start the 32bit version all I see Is stable or experimental instead of 32bit or 64bit? did something change?

Lilim
Community Management

Post#134 » Sun May 21, 2023 5:28 pm

eleika wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:57 pm how do I start the 32bit version all I see Is stable or experimental instead of 32bit or 64bit? did something change?
Hey,

Yeah, should update this. Stable should be the 32bit one and experimental is 64bit.... Just start with the 32bit and maybe check the 64bit later.

eleika

Post#135 » Sun May 21, 2023 7:07 pm

Lilim wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:28 pm
eleika wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:57 pm how do I start the 32bit version all I see Is stable or experimental instead of 32bit or 64bit? did something change?
Hey,

Yeah, should update this. Stable should be the 32bit one and experimental is 64bit.... Just start with the 32bit and maybe check the 64bit later.
Hey thanks for quick response, hey maybe you know what might be an issue I am running this game on surface pro i7 with intel iris gpu and all is smooth but post processing seems to bring some visual bugs and also I can't see the reflections from sun on ground, not sure how that effects is called, same effect works in wow see the screenshot the shiny stone from moon effects I know this game has it I have played it since it was released. Thanks for your time!

Beldimar

Post#136 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:25 am

Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 11 - the launcher still works, but whenever I hit connect, I get about 1-2 seconds of black screen as usual, then I'm back to the launcher with the game itself failing to launch. I've done a repair, reinstalled DX9, tried disabling Norton... the game ran fine before the switch to Win11, other than random desktop crashes that everyone seems to get.

Edit (Lilim)
We wrote on Diecord about the issue, his solution was:
"did a new install on 2nd hard drive... issue repeated when i copied user settings folder over, something got corrupted in there, so i just have to redo my UI layout/display settings."

Seravajan

Post#137 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:05 pm

My antivirus McAfee seems to have an issue with the RoRUpdater.exe. How to fix this because I see no way to add the file to the exception list.

xpander
Community Management

Post#138 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:25 pm

Seravajan wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:05 pm My antivirus McAfee seems to have an issue with the RoRUpdater.exe. How to fix this because I see no way to add the file to the exception list.
Few ways i guess (first probably the best):

1) Download and Replace the new launcher manually: http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe
2) Use a antivirus that can make exceptions i guess
3) Pause or disable the antivirus for the time for the updates (ofc at your own risk)
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Seravajan

Post#139 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:13 pm

It killed now the RORLauncher.exe. Had to reapply the exceptions and now it seems working.

Kronormus

Post#140 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:47 pm

Hey everyone I'm just trying to install this myself now and I feel I've looked around for solutions but Its either I'm too tired or just stupid and I can't find it.

I installed via the direct download.
I extracted the files to a seperate folder I named Return to Reckoning
I installed direct 9X
Verification seemed to work, no big 170k files download.
Ensured that its allowed through my firewall and acording to windows security it is.

But now the MOMENT I log in, I get an error pop up. That starts like this

System.reflection.targetinvocationException@Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation > System.typeinitializationException: The type initializer for a3ZZe3WKMypetejyCD.ITUsgZdlr7Zmx4Anjq' threw an exception, > System,managment.managmentException Invalid class.

I can provide a full screen shot if anyone needs it but I can't help but think its something really silly i'm missing.

Thanks in advance!