ravezaar

Re: Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#101 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:47 pm

schooled
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
vladerethro

Post#102 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:32 pm

Hey,

Just wanted to thank you for trying different things to improve player experience.
Long time player on many toons, now mostly playing casually (solo roam, solo queues, solo event week-end queues), mostly healers and tanks.
I like the randomness of playing with different ppl and try to play in a team state of mind.
It's fun and refreshing to adapt in various setup, ofc it can be frustrating sometimes when you lack balanced classes, but you can always .surrender to ease the pain, no shame in that, sometimes there's nothing to do, especially in week-end sc event, you need to be patient if you want the better reward (and some week-end i'm not patient, I just do the first step, it's not a big deal).
Most Discordant Skirmishes I've done this week where more balanced and fun to play.

Looking forward to see the next improvements in "two weeks"!

Kpi

Post#103 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:58 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:49 pm
Kpi wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:41 pm 15 minutes waiting for pop in duo... and this not happened

The SCs was the last funny part of the game, after Citys and RVR died. And now SC are dying too with this patch.

There is not spot in the game for small and casual groups... only 6 man in SCs or Zerg in RVR
Around 1:41pm which is when you posted this, scenarios in the normal queue were popping on average every 5 minutes, with the largest gap between scenarios being 11 minutes between 1:28pm and 1:39pm. From there, it was 2 pops at once, then 7 minutes later another 2 pops.

The pickup queue, ironically, had a 12 minute gap between 1:33pm and 1:45pm. Followed by 1 scenario every 5 minutes.

At our peak (around now) there is roughly 1 a minute.

You have posted 3 times in the past 24 hours saying how queues aren't popping and how this is killing scenarios - but the Killboard shows us when scenarios are popping so this really isn't true.
If I queue 15 minutes, and I have not pops, this not means the SCs are not popping for all people, this means the SCs are not popping for me. I don't remember exactly at what time we queue, but my liniments only left 16 minutes when the pop appears today, and i used it a few moments after queue.

Before the patch we usually played 3-4SC from 13:30 to 14:00, now we are lucky if i have a pop. https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... e_type=all

However, we've been playing with a 6 man at night, (not on the weekend) and it's easier for SCs to start and we easily take on duos and other casual players who have no other way to play. Before the patch it always took a long time for SCs to start at night.

I'm sorry you don't like what I've told you (on this and other occasions), but if we all want the server to work, we the players must say what we like and what we don't. As I always say, I am very grateful for your efforts to keep the server alive, but you need to hear what we like and what we don't
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Telther

Post#104 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:04 am

Kpi wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:58 pm
Kpi wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:41 pm 15 minutes waiting for pop in duo... and this not happened

The SCs was the last funny part of the game, after Citys and RVR died. And now SC are dying too with this patch.

There is not spot in the game for small and casual groups... only 6 man in SCs or Zerg in RVR
Around 1:41pm which is when you posted this, scenarios in the normal queue were popping on average every 5 minutes, with the largest gap between scenarios being 11 minutes between 1:28pm and 1:39pm. From there, it was 2 pops at once, then 7 minutes later another 2 pops.

The pickup queue, ironically, had a 12 minute gap between 1:33pm and 1:45pm. Followed by 1 scenario every 5 minutes.

You have posted 3 times in the past 24 hours saying how queues aren't popping and how this is killing scenarios - but the Killboard shows us when scenarios are popping so this really isn't true.
If I queue 15 minutes, and I have not pops, this not means the SCs are not popping for all people, this means the SCs are not popping for me. I don't remember exactly at what time we queue, but my liniments only left 16 minutes when the pop appears today, and i used it a few moments after queue.

Before the patch we usually played 3-4SC from 13:30 to 14:00, now we are lucky if i have a pop. https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... e_type=all

However, we've been playing with a 6 man at night, (not on the weekend) and it's easier for SCs to start and we easily take on duos and other casual players who have no other way to play. Before the patch it always took a long time for SCs to start at night.

I'm sorry you don't like what I've told you (on this and other occasions), but if we all want the server to work, we the players must say what we like and what we don't. As I always say, I am very grateful for your efforts to keep the server alive, but you need to hear what we like and what we don't

Not everyone has the same feelings on this as you though, many in this thread have posted they enjoy the change. People that want to play together have an option, people that don’t have an option as well

Dackjanielz

Post#105 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:47 am

Telther wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:04 am

Not everyone has the same feelings on this as you though, many in this thread have posted they enjoy the change. People that want to play together have an option, people that don’t have an option as well
Except normal scenarios are absolutely rancid and completely ruined by the REAL premades.....The ACTUAL premades.

NSKaneda

Post#106 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:18 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:47 am
Spoiler:

Except normal scenarios are absolutely rancid and completely ruined by the REAL premades.....The ACTUAL premades.

So now you can que in solo discordant and avoid them.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Kpi

Post#107 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:30 pm

How many people left the game after a patch with a lot of positive comments similar to this? NB patch, RVR patch, Scheduled city patch, War crest patch... The problem is the people who don't write comments in forums and stop play. Some criticism are necesary for the good develop of our loved server. I Really enjoy the game and i want the server run for many years with a lot of people playing it.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Dackjanielz

Post#108 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:05 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:18 am
Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:47 am
Spoiler:

Except when ever i have a friend who's in Skirmish i'm not allowed to be in there now.

Lets say i have 10 friends online.
Apparently i now have to PM every single one of them when i log on and ask them if they're in skirmish or not and if ANY say the answer is yes i'm not allowed to join the mode until they are finished.

Feels like if i so much as make eye contact with other players on my team in there i could potentially be banned for it - That's the world we live in now.

It's sucked the joy out of the experience somewhat.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#109 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:25 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:05 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:47 am Except normal scenarios are absolutely rancid and completely ruined by the REAL premades.....The ACTUAL premades.
Except when ever i have a friend who's in Skirmish i'm not allowed to be in there now.

Apparently i now have to PM every single one of them when i log on and ask them if they're in skirmish or not and if ANY say the answer is yes i'm not allowed to join the mode until they are finished.

Feels like if i so much as make eye contact with other players on my team in there i could potentially be banned for it - That's the world we live in now.

Ok, let's follow up:
- you have a friend you want to play scenarios with. How do you contact them?
- you have ten friends who you can potentially queue with. How do you contact them?

Having 10 friends online means you have no problem with forming a party to be in same scenario every time. The real question is: do you want to play some scenarios or do you want to farm them with your friends?

What sucked the joy out of the experience somewhat is that discordant skirmish, which was supposed to be solo/pug experience (as opposed to premade heavy normal scenarios) was dominated by duo/full party setup that was too afraid to join normal scs because then they'd be fighting against other like-minded individuals.

The line is clear: duo, trio, six men - those are premade teams and they deserve to fight on equal terms. Loosing sucks, I get it - but why does your sucky experience outweighs other players who explicitly join s o l o que?

The issue (and situation we're in right now) was caused by players abusing the system for their own personal gain - and, same as xp scrolls for example - ruin the fun for everyone. It's not about "so much as make eye contact with other players on my team in there i could potentially be banned for it" - it's about abusing queue system (and discord) to farm noobs/pugs.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Kpi

Post#110 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:52 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:25 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:05 pm

Ok, let's follow up:
- you have a friend you want to play scenarios with. How do you contact them?
- you have ten friends who you can potentially queue with. How do you contact them?

Having 10 friends online means you have no problem with forming a party to be in same scenario every time. The real question is: do you want to play some scenarios or do you want to farm them with your friends?

What sucked the joy out of the experience somewhat is that discordant skirmish, which was supposed to be solo/pug experience (as opposed to premade heavy normal scenarios) was dominated by duo/full party setup that was too afraid to join normal scs because then they'd be fighting against other like-minded individuals.

The line is clear: duo, trio, six men - those are premade teams and they deserve to fight on equal terms. Loosing sucks, I get it - but why does your sucky experience outweighs other players who explicitly join s o l o que?

The issue (and situation we're in right now) was caused by players abusing the system for their own personal gain - and, same as xp scrolls for example - ruin the fun for everyone. It's not about "so much as make eye contact with other players on my team in there i could potentially be banned for it" - it's about abusing queue system (and discord) to farm noobs/pugs.
You forgot an important thing... there are similar number of duos in both sides, and the duos counter each other.

It is easy form duos for casual players or when you have only time to play 3-4 SCs, but it is hard do 6 man for casuals or if u will play from a short period of time
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+