Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Possible way to save crests in PVE

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fleetfox

[BG] Possible way to save crests in PVE

Post#1 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:54 pm

My BG is currently sitting at 51.

I finished my BBBE runs and have the full sentinel plus the 2h.

Now comes the question, is it possible to OT BS in Conqueror?

For a bit of background I was Solo tanking BBBE with 0 issues, I'm not the best at it but I understand the class/talents/mechanics etc when it comes to tanking, and I happened to chance into good players along for the ride so the runs were a breeze.

Stats are: maxed wounds at 1050 with no pots, with tactics block to 45%, parry to 57%, incoming crit chance to 0%, NOTE that I would be doing OT work with SnB of course.

Now that I'm in full sentinel I really don't want to burn crests in Vanquisher just to be able to tank Bastion Stairs for the blood-lord set.

The reason for this post is to avoid wasting my and other people's time by rushing into BS with subpar gear.

Possible to OT (only) in Conqueror set for BS. Yay? or Nay?

Thanks in advance.

Ads
Tesq

Re: [BG] Possible way to save crests in PVE

Post#2 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:13 pm

You should grab vanq because mix vanq + sent is the very first gear good for 2h in wb. Invader is a suboptima set for tanking as bg since it offer less avoidance aswell. Only tank that specialize in buff or are less spammy/ passive like ch/kobs/ib can benefith more from invader. And ye i suggest vanq for tank BS since you cant OT in BS. Bosses lose agro and both tank require to be able to main tank.

Bs set is an offenskve set adapt for sc or city build in 2h and not for rvr.

Van+sent remain best 2h def option for wb play or def 2h till sov.
Last edited by Tesq on Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Avernus

Post#3 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:18 pm

Fleetfox wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:54 pm My BG is currently sitting at 51.

I finished my BBBE runs and have the full sentinel plus the 2h.

Now comes the question, is it possible to OT BS in Conqueror?

For a bit of background I was Solo tanking BBBE with 0 issues, I'm not the best at it but I understand the class/talents/mechanics etc when it comes to tanking, and I happened to chance into good players along for the ride so the runs were a breeze.

Stats are: maxed wounds at 1050 with no pots, with tactics block to 45%, parry to 57%, incoming crit chance to 0%, NOTE that I would be doing OT work with SnB of course.

Now that I'm in full sentinel I really don't want to burn crests in Vanquisher just to be able to tank Bastion Stairs for the blood-lord set.

The reason for this post is to avoid wasting my and other people's time by rushing into BS with subpar gear.

Possible to OT (only) in Conqueror set for BS. Yay? or Nay?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, merc/redeye, then from sentinel to warlord. Forget about conq.

nocturnalguest

Post#4 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:19 pm

Jesus guys, he asks a simple question: is it possible to off-tank Bastion in conq as SnB BG?
The answer is yes. Its absolutely ok to skip vanq and tank/offtank Bastion in conq as SnB BG.

Fleetfox

Post#5 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:30 pm

Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

Very useful responses and my question was answered.

Mods you can close this thread.

Thank you

Telther

Post#6 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:33 am

Red eye/Ruin is able for OT
Sent is just fine for MT