Recent Topics

Ads

Sc Weekend

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: Sc Weekend

Post#81 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:33 pm

I both like and enjoy the Weekend Warfront Event. I believe it to be, overall, a positive addition to the game and a worthy endeavor for all to participate in.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But at least we all get to choose. Do-wop shoo-wop do-wop shoo-wop.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#82 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:41 am

Omegus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:15 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:57 pmThe fact that ranked is dead but there are all these premade ppl playing pugstomp scens tells us all we need to know about the “make a grp”” ppl on this forum such as yourself.

Does that mean all I want to do is stomp pugs, or that I enjoy the regular objective-based scenarios that WAR was known for?
heeheee

CountTalabecland

Post#83 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:30 pm

Omegus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:15 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:57 pmThe fact that ranked is dead but there are all these premade ppl playing pugstomp scens tells us all we need to know about the “make a grp”” ppl on this forum such as yourself.
6v6 team deathmatch always was, and always has been a very niche activity (both on live and ROR), but with a very vocal playerbase that has tried to advertise it as the true test of skill. I don't like 6v6 (solo queue or group), I don't like team deathmatch, I didn't like how toxic the solo ranked community became, and I hated that end-game rewards were locked behind an arbitary MMR value.

Team deathmatch is typically a terrible game mode in every game it exists in.

Does that mean all I want to do is stomp pugs, or that I enjoy the regular objective-based scenarios that WAR was known for?
Is the objective based scen really enjoyable for you when it nearly always end in surrender or a 500-0 stomp? How is that fun?

I can hardly think of something more toxic than being on the losing side of a pug stomp where everyone is accusing each other for why they suck. The stomps create a huge amount of toxicity.

Even then, how often is the weekend scen anything other than a deathmatch? Nord, dwarf road, thunder valley are maybe ones where an underdog could feasibly just run away and play objs to try to win. Not that doing so is any more fun than the box delivery simulator in rvr.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Martok

Post#84 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:04 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:30 pmIs the objective based scen really enjoyable for you when it nearly always end in surrender or a 500-0 stomp? How is that fun?

It isn't just a question of playing the objectives in an SC, it also involves playing to the scenario mechanics. Scenario mechanics are defined and determined by many factors, to include relative terrain gradients, pronounced height advantages, lines of sight, ease of following an axis of advance, and incidental terrain features which can be used to enhance or disrupt crowd control abilities. Scenario mechanics also influence when a ranged class can hang so far back most other players can't even see them and when they need to move up to an objective to actually be of some use.

I talk about this stuff on my stream all the time.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

CountTalabecland

Post#85 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:20 pm

This weekend has been more of the same for lvl 40 scens, its just the new ranked now but with the chance of farming pugs.

Unless you have time and desire to do rr80+ full sov 6 man scenrios, there's nothing for you in weekend scens.

Its a shame that what started as fun, casual renown boost on the weekends has turned into this. This is why ranked is dead.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

lemao

Post#86 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:28 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:20 pm This weekend has been more of the same for lvl 40 scens, its just the new ranked now but with the chance of farming pugs.

Unless you have time and desire to do rr80+ full sov 6 man scenrios, there's nothing for you in weekend scens.

Its a shame that what started as fun, casual renown boost on the weekends has turned into this. This is why ranked is dead.
How dare people are playing their BIS chars instead of never playing them again once they reach BIS gear on them.
Please go queue the pug sc, this is an MMO where people enjoy to play TOGETHER.

Might want to try out more single target player games because all i see from you is crying about premades on forums.

chookette

Post#87 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:12 pm

start by playing with real adversity rather than crushing pugs and bashing answers that aren't along the lines of your thinking. agree to confront yourself with teams as stuffy and trained as yours, it will surely make you better and more humble.

shrredhn

Post#88 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:12 pm

lemao wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:28 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:20 pm This weekend has been more of the same for lvl 40 scens, its just the new ranked now but with the chance of farming pugs.

How dare people are playing their BIS chars instead of never playing them again once they reach BIS gear on them.

Might want to try out more single target player games because all i see from you is crying about premades on forums.
Single target player games are my fav.

Ads
lemao

Post#89 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:05 pm

shrredhn wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:12 pm
lemao wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:28 pm

Single target player games are my fav.
Good for you then :)