Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer Gear Help

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ariakan43

Slayer Gear Help

Post#1 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:50 am

Greetings,

I am a returned player and i am a bit lost,
I am rank 40 and 51 RR.
I wear full Conqueror and i have the Gunbad weapons.
My jewelry is a mess.

What gear should i aim from now on and how?
I want to play all aspects of the game(Solo, Scenarios, Small Scale RvR and WB RvR).
Thank you in advance!!!!

Ads
Gravord

Re: Slayer Gear Help

Post#2 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:22 pm

Welcome back.
Your first very good armor set is invader and it require only rr63 for full set which you can get within few days of playing from your current rr.
While you getting there, sort your other equipment:
- weapons - bloodlord axe (bastion stairs dungeon 2 run), fort axe (buy subjugator weapon for genesis crest dropping from zone bags and upgrade it at invader vendor later on)
- jewels - genesis aspect of the warrior, genesis remnant of the warrior (same genesis currency from zone bags)
- beastlord set - book, cloak, jewel - combo nicely with full invader for more
- cnt city dungeon - you dont really need the gear from there but it gives you vanquisher ward allowing you to save up all the crest for invader, plus you will collect sentinel soulstones for special talismans needed later on

Thats your short term goals, pretty strong setup overall.
Endgame setup will be:
- sovereign - helm, shoulder, cloak, chest, jewel
- triumphant - gloves, boots, belt, jewel
Weapons and remaining 2 jewel you already have from previous step.

Small edit: ongoing Wild Hunt event and Hunters Vale set - Vale Walker, is fairly decent and fast to get now, you could use it on your way to invader while also completing the event tasks.

Ariakan43

Post#3 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:35 pm

thank you very much my friend:)

jshort

Post#4 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:33 am

Skip invader its to expensive for a set you dont need anymore. Just get the ward through bloodlord set. You have to go to bastion stair atleast 2 times for the Bis 1hand axe. Might go 2 times more to get the full armor set and the invader ward done.
You need the sentinel ring (epic talisman slot, e.g. 4% crit for 7 days) until you get Triumph ring (which is your last piece to buy as it cost 10k crest, its the cherry on top of the cake), so you need 4 runs of cntk to get the ring and at this point you got your whole sentinal set. The 8 dungeon runs will take you about 10h of playtime with a decent group (can be quicker or slower ofcourse). But skipping vanquisher and invader will save you more then 6k crest.
My advice: get Vale Walker set and mix it with beastlord and sentinel. Since the last patch you can slot Vale Walker jewelry and sentinel ring at the same time. This allows you to go for 5 vale walker, 3sentinel, 3 beastlord. Next you can get 4 Triumph pieces (boots rr66, belt rr65, gloves rr66 and chest rr68) and mix them with 3 vale walker and 3 beastlord.
From their your next goal is to get rr78 and buy sov helm, ring, shoulders and cloak. You can run 4 sov, 4 triumph until you have the crest to buy the sov chest and triumph ring. 5 sov 4 triumph is bis. It cost 21k crest. This will take some time.

Try to connect with people and join organized wb and groups and join their discords/listen to the calls of the leaders. This will increase your warcrest gain and give you a better game experience since you will get more kills/wins. To be honest most 6man will reject a conq slayer with low experience but some times you can get lucky. With more playtime, higher rr and better gear it will be easier to join good groups.

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:50 pm

I will also say that I think Gravord is correct and has good advice, but coming from a more Pug perspective myself, I think getting Invader "in a few days" of playing is optimistic.

I think to set your expectations accordingly you should plan on any class pre-invader being a bit of a slog to get geared due to how paper thin your defenses are. You will die a lot and almost anyone with better gear and some sustain will absolutely dumpster you as a slayer in conq.

Or take the PvE gear route, if you have the time to do dungeons then you can try that route, haven't done it myself but Bloodlord Axe is BiS and worth getting.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Gravord

Post#6 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:09 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:50 pm I will also say that I think Gravord is correct and has good advice, but coming from a more Pug perspective myself, I think getting Invader "in a few days" of playing is optimistic.

I think to set your expectations accordingly you should plan on any class pre-invader being a bit of a slog to get geared due to how paper thin your defenses are. You will die a lot and almost anyone with better gear and some sustain will absolutely dumpster you as a slayer in conq.

Or take the PvE gear route, if you have the time to do dungeons then you can try that route, haven't done it myself but Bloodlord Axe is BiS and worth getting.
Ive meant the necessary rr to wear full invader in few days as he is only 12 rrs away on fairly low level, so gains are fast. Crest can take a bit longer ofc for returning player who didnt stack up on currency already from t1. But for time being HV set would serve pretty well with recent changes.