Recent Topics

Ads

Cannot login to the server, Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Erithus

Cannot login to the server, Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer

Post#1 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:28 pm

Hi all,

For the past week I have been trying to login to the game without success.

The login manager keeps downloading the manifest/verifying all files but at the end of the process I keep getting the same error:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RoRLauncher.Client.QNLFHdpvne8G1ABwpVp(Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.h5sN8lttoU(Object )

I am running the game on an M1 Mac Air with Crossover 22.1.

The game was launching normally prior to the Wild Hunt event. I have re-downloaded the game into a new bottle with no success.

Any recommendations maybe?

Thanks!

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Re: Cannot login to the server, Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer

Post#2 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:23 am

Looks like Networking issue.
-Try restarting your router
-Restart your Mac
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Erithus

Re: Cannot login to the server, Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer

Post#3 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:57 pm

I finally had some time to look into this.

I could not make the client connect after restarting mac/router/reinstalling the client.

I connected using my phone's network and that triggered the downloading of the patch files. After that download completed I can connect again to the server.

Lumiks

Post#4 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:35 pm

xpander wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:23 am Looks like Networking issue.
-Restart your Mac
I have the same issue.
I did all of the above, and nothing worked.
I have done everything exactly how the guide says.
Also I have a working version of LOTRO installed on a separate bottle in crossover. Everything there works fine with updates and such.
But here after installing the launcher, it downloads the manifest, and then chechs all the files for almost 2 hours straight.
After checking all the files, 3-5 seconds pass, then the error appears, saying that there is an issue with the network.
This error appears regardless if Im using wifi or cable ethernet.
My mac firewall and protection are all turned off.
I have restarted the crossover ROR bottle multiple times, and reloaded my mac multiple times, same as router.
What do I do?

MaxHayman
Management

Post#5 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:49 pm

Lumiks wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:35 pm
-Restart your Mac
I have the same issue.
Also I have a working version of LOTRO installed on a separate bottle in crossover. Everything there works fine with updates and such.
But here after installing the launcher, it downloads the manifest, and then chechs all the files for almost 2 hours straight.
After checking all the files, 3-5 seconds pass, then the error appears, saying that there is an issue with the network.
I have restarted the crossover ROR bottle multiple times, and reloaded my mac multiple times, same as router.
What do I do?
How did you install it? using the crosstie?
Max Hayman

Lumiks

Post#6 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:51 pm

MaxHayman wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:49 pm
Lumiks wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:35 pm
-Restart your Mac
I have the same issue.
What do I do?
How did you install it? using the crosstie?
Using crossover "supported" section, Return Of Reckoning is in there.

Lumiks

Post#7 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:46 pm

I have tried everything.
- using VPN
- using a cable connection instead of WIFI
- disabling FIrewal on the router (it is already disabled on the macbook)
- giving every possible user a read&write permission for the folders
- reinstalling everything using a pre downloaded 11gig file
- using a launcher from the guide for the mac, without pre download

Nothing works. Every thime the same error.
Downloading manifest, then almost 2 hours of checking all the files and when all the checking is finished and done ... error ...
And "unknown" socket connection error.
I have ROR running, updating, and everything working perfectly on my windowc PC with the same router and network.
But on my mac, no mtatter how I install ROR, same error, right after all the files are checked.

What do I do, please help, anyone who can.
I have been trying to fix this for 3 days now and there is 0 info online or here on the forum.
Every thime someone has the same issue, it either resolves itself, or nobody replies ever.
So there are 0 fixes, except advice of using a VPN and other stuff, that I all already tried.