Recent Topics

Ads

My SH's squig doest keep agro at all

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Draksen

My SH's squig doest keep agro at all

Post#1 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:07 pm

Hey there
I'm quite new here (even though I've played the game a decade ago for several months)
With my new SH, I have a problem: my squig (the basic one ) has its taunt activated and all (squig squeal, set on passive by default - cant change it?!-), but if I fire one little arrow on my target it loses its aggro and never take it back (even a CC arrow which deal little damage)
I'm sure I'm missing something essential somewhere but cant figure what it is. Thanks a lot for your advice and help! :)

Ads
Fenris78

Re: My SH's squig doest keep agro at all

Post#2 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:28 pm

Hello,

IIRC, taunt is equivalent to dealing a certain amount of damage, regarding aggro from mobs.

Since your pet is only dealing a fraction of your own damage (roughly about 20% of your total damage dealt), it saldy cannot generate much threat from mobs ; that's why as soon you deal more damage than your pet to them, mobs will always take aggro on you, sooner or later.

Pets cannot be used to tank mobs anyway, since they got small HP pool and toughness/armor.

mynban

Post#3 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:38 am

Here is the more concerning part: you are a new player clearly doing PvE. This means you will get regular lvls without RR (pvp) lvls. If you end up pushing to lvl 40 like thaT you will need to probably delete that char. I strongly advice lvling in SCs or lakes.

deepruntramp

Post#4 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:41 am

Squig Herders aren’t WoW hunters. Your pet will never tank - it’s just a walking DoT.

Fey

Post#5 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:23 pm

Yeah your best bet as squig is to snare/kite/run n' shoot.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan