Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/03/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaeldrick

Re: Patch Notes 30/03/2023

Post#21 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:43 pm

The change on extra crests is just hilarous... Surrender vote has been introduces by devs, if it's causing any problem (from dev perspective ofc) they can just remove it :D
Last edited by Kaeldrick on Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:54 pm

It's not easy to reward losing. Winning should make a significant difference in earning rate and at the same time the loser has to stay motivated to keep trying.
Dying is no option.

Bozzax

Post#23 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:00 pm

Secret info>>
Spoiler:
The side gaining most from surrender vote is the stronger team as they more or less are given instant pops by q mech :o
Last edited by Bozzax on Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Detangler

Post#24 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:01 pm

Ya know, there were plenty of times I knew my side was planning on surrendering and most had given up, but I'd jump back in to see if I can get/secure top protection or objectives for the extra crest, and didn't care if I died again. Selfish? Maybe, but now you're gonna have even less people trying.

Those that hit surrender don't care about the extra rewards for top category, so this won't change anything.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

skylinx

Post#25 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:56 pm

X-realm balanced scenarios when?

At least introduce it for one weekend warfront as a trial. No premades, solo queue, healers can spec dps...

Just one time before the game is dead, give us a weekend of balanced fights in a 12v12 environment.

It'll cut down on .surrenders. no solo queue vs premade warfront stomping on the forums.

Can't hurt to do it just one weekend

🙏

dalen
Developer

Post#26 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:15 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:01 pm Ya know, there were plenty of times I knew my side was planning on surrendering and most had given up, but I'd jump back in to see if I can get/secure top protection or objectives for the extra crest, and didn't care if I died again. Selfish? Maybe, but now you're gonna have even less people trying.

Those that hit surrender don't care about the extra rewards for top category, so this won't change anything.
The extra crest for earning medals for top score hasn't changed at all.

If you lose a scenario you get:

1 crest base
1 crest per 100 points (up to 4 crests for 400+ points)
1 crest per medal won (5 crests if you win all five categories)
1 crest if T2+ and scenario took 6+ minutes
1 crest if T4 and it was not a surrender

So maximum crests a player can get for a single scenario on the losing side is 12.

What changed in this patch was that the conditions in bold and underline were added.
Source Developer

Nameless

Post#27 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:29 pm

dalen wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:15 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:01 pm Ya know, there were plenty of times I knew my side was planning on surrendering and most had given up, but I'd jump back in to see if I can get/secure top protection or objectives for the extra crest, and didn't care if I died again. Selfish? Maybe, but now you're gonna have even less people trying.

The extra crest for earning medals for top score hasn't changed at all.

If you lose a scenario you now get:

1 crest base
1 crest per 100 points (up to 4 crests for 400+ points)
1 crest per medal won (5 crests if you win all five categories)
1 crest if T2+ and scenario took 6+ minutes
1 crest if T4 and it was not a surrender

So maximum crests a player can get for a single scenario on the losing side is 12.
How was before the change?

As a healer I would never surrender at sc with save way to wc and guards which kills give renown as it was on live.

Here on ror as lone survivor being chased to the end of the time for the kill by double premades I press surrender at 10:59. Why wait since nothing possitive could happens. On live guards killing greedy campers could give decent renown, here your goal is to run around for 3 mins. Fun, yes?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Shogun4138

Post#28 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:15 pm

Another patch to be not excited about.
Gogo 80we
Mudflinga 81rSH
Zenzo chosen**

Ads
Haojin

Post#29 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:09 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:43 pm
Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes

The "Corrosive" armor debuff proc that appears on various armor sets has had its values lowered.

New values match the "Bracing" armor buff proc and are:

- Mayhem: 510

- Devastator: 545

- Beastlord: 563

- Redeye: 598

- Onslaught: 950

- Vale-Walker: 1038
1770 was too strong and now you made it completly useless. Only purpose for the vale walker set was creating more diversity for the 2x no-armor debuff tanks on both sides. Like double kotbs, chosen and sm. If the concern was 2h tanks in warbands spamming armor debuff; it's not gonna work unless everyone need to babysit that player which is waste of time.

Why the teams approach always either black or white ? either overbuff or overnerf. Proc value should be around 1300-1400 to worth grind or usage.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Kaelang

Post#30 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:12 pm

Haojin wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:09 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:43 pm
Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes

The "Corrosive" armor debuff proc that appears on various armor sets has had its values lowered.

New values match the "Bracing" armor buff proc and are:

- Mayhem: 510

- Devastator: 545

- Beastlord: 563

- Redeye: 598

- Onslaught: 950

- Vale-Walker: 1038
1770 was too strong and now you made it completly useless. Only purpose for the vale walker set was creating more diversity for the 2x no-armor debuff tanks on both sides. Like double kotbs, chosen and sm. If the concern was 2h tanks in warbands spamming armor debuff; it's not gonna work unless everyone need to babysit that player which is waste of time.

Why the teams approach always either black or white ? either overbuff or overnerf. Proc value should be around 1300-1400 to worth grind or usage.
The issue with procs as it currently stands is they are based on set level and we are unable to simply edit the actual effect as an individual piece, which is why they're swinging in values. Probably not what you want to hear, but the Ability Rework will actually allow us to build this armor debuff as a custom ability so we can manually tamper with the ability and place it on items where appropriate without the other stats and ilevels of the sets being directly impacted.

So yes, they are swinging values at the moment, but truthfully it's not an easy solution until we have the capabilities to separate the ability from the item and then tamper with that as a separate entity.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.