Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dalen
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 30/03/2023

Post#61 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:30 am

redzus wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:27 am
dalen wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:15 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:01 pm Ya know, there were plenty of times I knew my side was planning on surrendering and most had given up, but I'd jump back in to see if I can get/secure top protection or objectives for the extra crest, and didn't care if I died again. Selfish? Maybe, but now you're gonna have even less people trying.

Those that hit surrender don't care about the extra rewards for top category, so this won't change anything.
The extra crest for earning medals for top score hasn't changed at all.

If you lose a scenario you get:

1 crest base
1 crest per 100 points (up to 4 crests for 400+ points)
1 crest per medal won (5 crests if you win all five categories)
1 crest if T2+ and scenario took 6+ minutes
1 crest if T4 and it was not a surrender

So maximum crests a player can get for a single scenario on the losing side is 12.

What changed in this patch was that the conditions in bold and underline were added.

That be literal like 2-3 tops usually.

Who wins even 5 medals ?
Often times you cant make even 100 points, because either premade gank you back into spawn and camps, or you cant make a push since your side wont have healers, i constantly encounter Sc's where destro gets 3-6 healers, 75% of them shamans.

1 base 1 T2 or T4 maybe 1 medal
I didn't say players typically get that many, I said that is the maximum possible for a loss in a single scenario.

But when I play I usually play to win :)
Source Developer

Ads
Lithenir

Post#62 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:35 am

rejndjer wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:01 am
tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:53 pm
you have to ask, who is leading the conversation about making changes within the RoR team? I know there are slim resources but at least prioritize them well please?
somebody who really loves "6v6" sc elite playstyle. ask yourself why was one currency patch worked on, if not for the ability of pure sc players to get all the gear :))
There is no "6v6" sc elite playstyle. If premades really would like to face each other, ranked wouldn't be dead

kam080

Post#63 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:44 am

Support to the development group!

SC rewards change best for more single-player queuing and reject AT making farming crests

It will be an excellent point to attract more new people to join when they can easily grow up at an early stage.
I'm Sunrays a KOTBS

Lithenir

Post#64 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:44 am

dalen wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:30 am
redzus wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:27 am
dalen wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:15 pm

The extra crest for earning medals for top score hasn't changed at all.

If you lose a scenario you get:

1 crest base
1 crest per 100 points (up to 4 crests for 400+ points)
1 crest per medal won (5 crests if you win all five categories)

So maximum crests a player can get for a single scenario on the losing side is 12.

What changed in this patch was that the conditions in bold and underline were added.

That be literal like 2-3 tops usually.

Who wins even 5 medals ?
Often times you cant make even 100 points, because either premade gank you back into spawn and camps, or you cant make a push since your side wont have healers, i constantly encounter Sc's where destro gets 3-6 healers, 75% of them shamans.

1 base 1 T2 or T4 maybe 1 medal
I didn't say players typically get that many, I said that is the maximum possible for a loss in a single scenario.

But when I play I usually play to win :)
Just noticed that you said, one can win 12 crests max while losing.
If you make it to 400+ points in a SC, changes that you didn't do everything on your own are pretty high. It is simply impossible to win all 5 medals and have a competitive SC.
It's as unrealistic as saying "don't give up, even if you're alone! You can beat that WB!"

Edit:

These crests are the same, as per patch notes "The additional loser crest is only awarded if it takes more than 6 minutes (for t2+) BUT not if you surrender (t4 only)"
So the maximum possible for a loss is down to 11
Last edited by Lithenir on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avernus

Post#65 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:00 am

Lithenir wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:44 am It's as unrealistic as saying "don't give up, even if you're alone! You can beat that WB!"
After all ppl in your team die for 10+ each, enemy team will be ashamed to the point that they surrender just to pity you and your brave efforts!
Maybe not...

Rapzel

Post#66 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:05 am

Lithenir wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:35 am
tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:53 pm
you have to ask, who is leading the conversation about making changes within the RoR team? I know there are slim resources but at least prioritize them well please?
somebody who really loves "6v6" sc elite playstyle. ask yourself why was one currency patch worked on, if not for the ability of pure sc players to get all the gear :))
There is no "6v6" sc elite playstyle. If premades really would like to face each other, ranked wouldn't be dead
How come there's so many group ranked games played this preseason then? I mean if no one was interested there would be no games right?

If you cannot create a 6 man group yourself, I doubt you can fathom what is needed to coordinate 12 people to fight eachother.

bradbury111

Post#67 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:07 am

Schweedy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:17 am For lower tiers not everybody uses Armor Potions from the AH, let alone know how to make it themselves. This is a good change for lower tiers, were new players are still trying to understand and survive the new gearing economy. Newbies compose the bulk of the playerbase.
Beastlord and redeye's set require rank 40 and for those players the days of being new are long gone, I'd argue the same for any players stepped into rvr since rank 16 and faced any high rank, heavily geared pot 660+ user. It's actually a detriment for low rank players not being considered a threat or useful when bringing a valuable utility for their groupmates.

Set descriptions aren't updated to the new changes, if anyone doesn't know about those, and new players surely don't, they could aim for something not anymore desirable for their standards.
Last edited by bradbury111 on Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lithenir

Post#68 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:08 am

Rapzel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:05 am

How come there's so many group ranked games played this preseason then? I mean if no one was interested there would be no games right?

If you cannot create a 6 man group yourself, I doubt you can fathom what is needed to coordinate 12 people to fight eachother.
Who says that i cannot create a 6 man group?
When sc elite playstyle groups are so interested in group ranked how come that I run into them in almost every stomp sc? Shouldn't they play ranked then?

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#69 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:38 am

Rapzel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:05 am

by the time season begins it will die xD

nocturnalguest

Post#70 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:48 am

dalen wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:43 pm Now the stat procs on tanks have the same power as all the other archetypes.
And its still absolutely pointless and stupid. No actual goals were achieved by first revamp of stats on VW for tanks (that didnt make the set any attractive) as you basically just removed alternative for the only one SnB PvE set (that was actually on invader level statswise) past Ruin/Redeye/Onslaught and now that you overnerf the crap out of it making going for a full set totally unworthy with single pieces being too crap to mix&match either. Even 1100 made very little actual sense, 1770 was too much but tank had to actually pay for it. Agree with Hao, 1400 would be ideal spot.