Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Bringing Engi and Magus on Par with Eachother

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
dangerdoneky

[Engineer] Bringing Engi and Magus on Par with Eachother

Post#1 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:53 pm

It's little secret that the engineer and magus are, for most content, fall short of other classes. I won't be trying to rectify that here, instead I would like to propose a change to balance them against each other. Right now, as I see it, the engineer is the weaker class in the mirror pair due to two related reasons: the gun skills dealing physical damage and the presence of weaponskill on the engineer gearsets.
The Magus has the advantage of dealing elemental damage with most of their gun equivalent abilities. This means they don't have to gear into a secondary offensive stat, in this case weaponskill, and they can focus instead on defensive stats once they hit their intelligence cap - leading to a geared magus being much tankier than their engineer mirror. This also means that Magus gear has a much more efficient stat distribution with no weaponskill on their gear. The weaponskill that is nearly universal on engineer gear is useless unless the engineer is playing a sniper build because other engineer builds primarily deal corporeal and elemental damage, making the weaponskill a wasted stat.

Thus, my proposal is this: convert engineer gun skills to dealing corporeal damage and change the gear stat distribution to mirror the magus (with ballistic skill instead of intelligence). This would allow engineers to put excess stats into being tankier like the magus does and save them from wasting stats on weaponskill with the majority of builds. Both classes probably need some other love but at leas this would bring the engineer up to par with the Magus.

Ads