Recent Topics

Ads

Need advice on restarting

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fallenkezef

Need advice on restarting

Post#1 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:58 pm

I'm returning to the game after a gap of over 3 years. I want to start a new toon from fresh but my circumstances have changed. I have less free time than I used to, juggling a busy job and family.

I want to play a Dwarf as everyone knows the Dawi are superior to all lesser races :P . I'm looking for a solo class that I can jump in and jump out with while still feeling useful. I don't really have time for allot of dungeons and stuff and I've always loved scenarios so a class that can benefit from that is a plus.

Could my fellow Dawi please advise me as to the best class for solo play that would benefit from the "off-spec" progression from scenario gear and maybe some build ideas please?
Alea iacta est

Ads
Toggle

Re: Need advice on restarting

Post#2 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:36 am

IB if you’re going to mostly solo and do SCs. If you are good with groups, then IB/Slayer/RP. Welcome back!
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

franzjaeger

Post#3 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:38 am

I don't have any class/build advices for stunties unfortunately, but I just want to say that with the currency unification rework, you don't have to limit yourself to off-spec gear. You can grind scenarios and still buy RvR gear if you want to or mix-and-match.

Fallenkezef

Post#4 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:46 am

Toggle wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:36 am IB if you’re going to mostly solo and do SCs. If you are good with groups, then IB/Slayer/RP. Welcome back!
I had experience with the IB before. Are 2h builds solo viable or is the game still focused heavily on main, axe and board, specs for tanks?
Alea iacta est

Fey

Post#5 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:25 am

You can do scens as 2-hand IB. I run SnB, but I imagine you can go left tree to Grudge Born Fury and right tree to Earthshatter. Or if you're having survivability issues go up left tree to Cave In, and spec right tree up to Grumble and Mutter.

I tri spec my IB, but 2-hand it probably stretches you too thin and gimps your damage. Grudge Born Fury might be mandatory, I'm not sure.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Carli23094

Post#6 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:34 am

I also just got back into the game and I don't have the quick hand-eye coordination skills I used to have. I also forgot how to handle the character. Therefore, I want to choose a game that has simpler gameplay smash karts
Last edited by Carli23094 on Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fallenkezef

Post#7 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:34 am

Carli23094 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:34 am I also just got back into the game and I don't have the quick hand-eye coordination skills I used to have. I also forgot how to handle the character. Therefore, I want to choose a game that has simpler gameplay smash karts
Slayer/chopper seems to have the easiest game play. Simple rotation, aoe spam
Alea iacta est