Recent Topics

Ads

Couple SW questions

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Farrul

Re: Couple SW questions

Post#11 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:38 am

ShadowWar wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:17 pm And now that I think on it, should/can I just skip Warlord gear altogether for Sov?
Warlord is ok for Assault SW due to auto attack haste, the largest issue is the lack of wounds . Sov 5/ triumphant 4 (3/sent jewel until you can afford triumph jewel) is the best option for Skirmish/Scout spec ranged dps.

3 sov/3 off sov/3 triumph or 3 sov/3 wl/3 triumph are viable and preferably for solo roaming due to higher stats and especially max wounds(regen from Wl chest).

When looking at set bonuses also keep in mind the individual stats on each item that may offset some of the set bonuses, for example WL gives + 6 dodge strikethrough from 4th set bonus which seems impressive, however sov gives + 4 dodge strikethrough from 2 individual pieces whilst WL gives zero iiirc, so the difference isn't huge. Overall imho Sov is the stronger set except for some Assault auto attack haste shenanigan (as mentioned WL does have some excellent individual pieces, like regen chest/ bis Helm in a 3/3/3 build)
Fallenkezef wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:10 pmso no bullseye for a dot build. So the ability that increases crit damage at the expense of increased ap cost isn't much use for the dot build either?
There is no dot build, skirmish aoe uses the most dots frequently but you will spam/ use many direct damage attacks, bulls eye is mandatory for a max damage build and synergizes with the +5 crit chance bonus from skirmish stance.

Ads
Avernus

Post#12 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:09 am

rejndjer wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:46 am
Avernus wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:34 pm
ShadowWar wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:17 pm And now that I think on it, should/can I just skip Warlord gear altogether for Sov?
My personal opinion - yes, you should. I don't like the fact that warlord has -dodge chance as set bonus, no hp set bonus, no crit chance set bonus.
warlord is not bad because -dodge chance as set bonus. in fact that's one of the best bonuses it has. imo. running 5wl+2sentinel for a few months now, with bullseye, and i have no problems with crit chance, but i still have big problem against good players that have good dodge chance proc. worst thing about warlord is that armor debuff doesnt stack with other armor debuffs, which esentially makes it useless. it can be good in 1v1 situations however, so that you dont have to use acid arrow. also +2to skirmish path is useless. that being said, it would be better to have like 3wl, 3triumphant, 3 invader or something like that before going for sov. or you can simply go full invader (awesome bonuses if you're skirmish) and after that focus on sov/triumph BIS.
Yes, i do plan to try 3 WL, 3 Sov, 3 Triumphant. Should be good for aSW. Still, 5k more warcrests or something like that...I'm not sure if full invader is worth something (i think its better to save your warcrests). Still, 10 ft bonus is kinda nice (and reminds you how good it was with 100ft skirmish and what garbage you are now).

Yes, +2 skirmish isn't he best thing, but it allows you to go for AoE spec of old times with ranged knockdown (Eye Shot + No respite+skirmish). And it reminds you again that old SW was better (mostly) than this nonsence. Still, if you want to spec like that, sov is better...

Fallenkezef

Post#13 » Sun May 14, 2023 2:41 am

The other thread, while good, seems to be dated.

What is the current "cookie cutter" builds for

AOE?
ST?
RVR?
SC?
Alea iacta est

Manatikik

Post#14 » Sun May 14, 2023 4:42 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:41 am The other thread, while good, seems to be dated.

What is the current "cookie cutter" builds for

AOE?
ST?
RVR?
SC?
Really depends on what your role in the group is.

For AoE it depends if you're trying to be a support heavy role with PD and Ambush and just being a Morale Drain during channels/drops or if you're trying to bomb with LA/Barrage up closer a little bit:

Support Heavy RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior (Can swap out Powerful Draw for Leading Shots if you really want to support and do poop damage)

Damage Heavy RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior

Ranged ST is pretty simple and based around Fester entirely. Main difference between RvR and SC is using GT for RVR to be able to position and escape easier and Bullseye for SC for more damage RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior

ASW has more variety in what you want your last tactic to be. Some people prefer Wrist Slash / Bullseye / Sinister Assault. I prefer SA with a reliable WW support cause you will melt most things; SA has diminishing returns against WE/Choppa compared to the other two but you can just run through things
RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior
<Montague><Capulet>

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#15 » Sun May 14, 2023 10:15 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:42 am
which morales do you take with that assault build? also which gear would you say is BIS for it? i still havent even tryed assault spec on ROR, but hopefully i will soon :)