Recent Topics

Ads

2h Swordmaster and Weapon Skill from Sovereign and Warlord sets

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
teoklas

2h Swordmaster and Weapon Skill from Sovereign and Warlord sets

Post#1 » Mon May 15, 2023 3:12 pm

Hi, for those of you who don't know, 2h swormaster doesn't get any benefits from Weapon Skill.
Why? because any ability that does spiritual damage counts as magic damage and weapon skill only enhances your physical damage.
With a 2h swordmaster you are most likely using Ensorcelled Blow ( spirit damage) , Wrath of Hoeth (spirit damage), Ether dance (spirit damage), Blurring Shock (spirit damage) Phoenix Wing (spirit damage), Dazzling Strike (spirit damage), Dragon's Talons (spirit damage) etc.

So 90% spirit damage skills. But the 2h Sovereign (and specially the warlord set, that gives useless armor penetration) set has weapon skill bonuses that you are never going to see any benefit to.
Every other single 2h tank (maybe with the exception of chosen, but you still have a bunch of physical damage skills) benefits from these weapon skill bonuses except swordmaster. I suggest if its possible to remove that stat from the sets and change it to something like the equal number of strenght, wounds, toughness or melee power.
Thanks.

Ads
Everdin

Re: 2h Swordmaster and Weapon Skill from Sovereign and Warlord sets

Post#2 » Mon May 15, 2023 3:53 pm

Won't happen, often enough discussed for other classes like engi. Just search the forum
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Scottx125

Post#3 » Mon May 15, 2023 4:09 pm

Tell you what, KOTBS can do pure spirit damage and you can take his physical damage. Then your weapon skill will matter. And your damage will be crap.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

yhani

Post#4 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:34 pm

Not 100% true because you will get some parry with it.
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Martok

Post#5 » Mon May 15, 2023 7:37 pm

teoklas wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:12 pmHi, for those of you who don't know, 2h swormaster doesn't get any benefits from Weapon Skill.

The Swordmaster auto-attack deals physical damage. As has been discussed on prior occasions the original intent in designing the SM armor sets to include a bonus to Weapon Skill was meant to enhance the effectiveness of the auto-attack.

The overall wisdom of that is debatable, I agree. However I have been known to slot it on occasion just in the attempt to take advantage of the enhanced auto-attack damage.

If you are using the appropriate add-on to display the death-blow information, whenever the message appears on your screen 'BillyJoeJimBob killed by my Fortress Greatsword,' that was an auto-attack kill.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

hordak774

Post#6 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:48 am

Martok wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:37 pm
teoklas wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:12 pmHi, for those of you who don't know, 2h swormaster doesn't get any benefits from Weapon Skill.

The Swordmaster auto-attack deals physical damage. As has been discussed on prior occasions the original intent in designing the SM armor sets to include a bonus to Weapon Skill was meant to enhance the effectiveness of the auto-attack.

The overall wisdom of that is debatable, I agree. However I have been known to slot it on occasion just in the attempt to take advantage of the enhanced auto-attack damage.

If you are using the appropriate add-on to display the death-blow information, whenever the message appears on your screen 'BillyJoeJimBob killed by my Fortress Greatsword,' that was an auto-attack kill.
its kind of shitty that sm have AA physical type

akisnaakkeli

Post#7 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:39 am

hordak774 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:48 am
Martok wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:37 pm

its kind of shitty that sm have AA physical type
There is no other kind of AA dmg than physical. It would be Very OP with double spirit resis debuff = 0-10 % Mitigations from spirit resistance.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#8 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:44 am

4.6 Avoid thread necromancy.
If a thread’s last post was more than a month ago, do not post in it. Maybe start a new topic!

viewtopic.php?t=13607

Ads