Recent Topics

Ads

How are Armor marks awarded in ORVR?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
Nickalispicalis

How are Armor marks awarded in ORVR?

Post#1 » Thu May 25, 2023 4:26 pm

My character is at 40/41. Presently in a Mercenary/ruin gear. It looks like the next tier is Triumphant which you can still purchase with war crests.
My question though is what the rewards are for competing in ORVR. I have competed in about a dozen them in Pragg and in different places and have not received anything yet with the exception of renown.
How do the marks get rewarded? Does a chest spawn at the end? Only for the winning side? If you are not there when the chest spawns will you be mailed the rewards?
Appreciate any feedback.

Ads
Gladiolix

Re: How are Armor marks awarded in ORVR?

Post#2 » Fri May 26, 2023 9:06 am

You get warcrests from the kills your group gets and from locking zones(keep captures) (winning gets more, but loser gets crests too). Doing dps, guarding and healing, capping BOs etc. all give you contribution towards the zone lock at the end. You get some amount of crests injected + you get a bag roll which increases until you get a bag, the better the bag the more crests you can take from it. You should also concider taking genesis crests from bags too, genesis jewels are end game jewels for many classes.

All crests and bags from zone locks after you have logged out, do get mailed to you.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Phantasm

Post#3 » Fri May 26, 2023 9:32 am

Nickalispicalis wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:26 pm My character is at 40/41. Presently in a Mercenary/ruin gear. It looks like the next tier is Triumphant which you can still purchase with war crests.
My question though is what the rewards are for competing in ORVR. I have competed in about a dozen them in Pragg and in different places and have not received anything yet with the exception of renown.
How do the marks get rewarded? Does a chest spawn at the end? Only for the winning side? If you are not there when the chest spawns will you be mailed the rewards?
Appreciate any feedback.
My gear progression guide:

There were some changes to Vale-walker after i made guide, now it takes 4 runs with mix of quests and ring can be equipped in any slot.
Also Tier 1 sets have been reworked so costs may be different now.
edit - to clarify all chest rewards - keep take/defense bags, dungeon/PQ chest bags are being mailed after 3 min period. Also worth to mention all scenarios/city siege reward warcrests.

Caduceus

Post#4 » Fri May 26, 2023 9:42 am

Depending on how you plan to gear yourself, keep in mind that to wear a set you need a corresponding Ward, which are granted by completing set tiers. To complete a Ward you can usually choose between several sets:

Annihilator, Ruin and Mercenary are part of the Officer Ward

After that comes the Conqueror Ward, and after that the Vanquisher Ward.

To equip the Triumphant set you will need the Vanquisher Ward, and also a renown rank around 65-68.

You may want to considering getting the Conqueror and Vanquisher sets* first as stepping stones.

It's possible to skip straight to Triumphant by getting the Conqueror and Vanquisher Wards through PvE, but that's not something I would recommend to players that are just starting out.

*Or their equivalents, depending on your class and spec. Check the 'Armory' tab in your Tome of Knowledge to check which sets belong to which Wards.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz