Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions for Dungeon's party to get fast filled

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Belanoite
Suspended

Suggestions for Dungeon's party to get fast filled

Post#1 » Fri May 26, 2023 7:45 pm

Situation: Many people need to make dungeon to grant your pve set but never does because a role is always lacking, principally on Bastion Stairs. Usually, we have many dps looking for groups and rarely a tank or healer. No boss in any dungeon is harder than form a party sometimes.

Suggestion 1: Turn the loot into bags for all dungeons, like happen with Gunbad and these bags bound to account, allowing players to send the bag to desired char. This would allow player that are looking for a specific class to play other role and grant a bag. For example, a player that needs Bloodlord for your dps class but can't find group, could log your tank and fill the role in a party.

However, players without alts wouldn't be contemplated by this system. Patience, we can't make everyone happy. Right? Wrong! Here goes my second solution:

Suggestion 2: It's a mechanic I named "Mercenaries for Hire".
Here, a player could hire a role and take control of it to fill the party. Very similar to Skavens on live, where the player used to took control of a skaven to play on rvr lake.
So, a party with 6 dps could hire roles and set a party 2-2-2 and make any dungeon, without the need of tank and healer, without the long waiting, trying to find someone to make the dungeon. Everything needed was 6 players and money to hire the "Mercenaries for Hire".
The loot would respect the original classes, not the hired holes (e.g. a White Lion playing as hired tank would receive a piece for White Lion, not tank)
These roles would be npcs and not classes. An empire tank mercenary could be gray knight (like the merchant in Altdorf) or the rdps could be a rifleman. All roles with the basic abilities and level to face the enemies inside dungeons, respecting the level of the player's original char.

The game is focused on pvp and rvr. So I believe dungeons shouldn't be that problem and eveyrone could do this when able to face them. Principally now, that many of us want to buy our Sov set and need to save much money to that, pve sets are a salvation way!

That's it. These are my ideas to ease the accees to dungeon runs. Sorry for typos, English isn't my first language and I hope I could pass my idea at least.

Ads
Nameless

Re: Suggestions for Dungeon's party to get fast filled

Post#2 » Fri May 26, 2023 9:01 pm

first suggestion will result at rr80 easy farm all dungeons for their alts which will make them too easy and redundant.

suggestion 2 is better but will require too much programing cos all new skills and animations for mercenaries and that is not worth the time for pve since we need much more pvp related changes

the actual problem is that some sets /esp bloodlord/ are lacking for some archetypes. Bloodlord is kinda worthless for backline healers that wont go dps route, similar for tanks so you narrow even more lest played archetypes
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

BluIzLucky

Re: Suggestions for Dungeon's party to get fast filled

Post#3 » Sat May 27, 2023 1:08 am

Yeah, not a fan of 1. and 2. Seems cool but resource intensive.

You could just add some Alters/NPCs inside each dungeon that players can pray to for some gold (300g per character) granting strong effects;

Blessings of the Defender:
+2000 armor
+20% parry
+200 hate (aggro)
+200 wounds
-50% outgoing damage
Granted Ability: Guard

Now any class, especially medium armor should be able to tank.

Blessing of Invigoration:
+20 AP/Sec
+50% outgoing healing
+200 wounds
-50% outgoing damage
Granted Ability: self resurrection (10 min cd)

And now you have a buff that makes one healer enough.

These buffs last 3 hours and only inside dungeons.
Why 300 gold? Because anything below that should be enough to buy the services of an actual tank/healer
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70