Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 29/05/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BluIzLucky

Re: Patch Notes 29/05/2023

Post#21 » Mon May 29, 2023 3:09 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:19 pm Wait am I misunderstanding this? PVE runs have a weekly that now can earn pvp rewards ??

Never mind is see it’s tokens not warcrests.

I have calmed down
My guess is this is trying to alleviate the problem of it some times taking longer to form a group than to run the dungeon.

This (if done right) would increase the pool of players interested in running dungeons from fresh 40s to ALL above 40.

It should be enough to incentivize helping with dungeon runs when you don't need it yourself (needs to be PvP War Crests), while keeping the rewards low enough to not be a significant source of progression (make it monthly event and still no renown gain).

Like City shouldn't be the only source of BIS gear, but the best source, I don't see a problem making dungeons by far the worst, if it helps alts/newbies.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
kovesdiz

Post#22 » Mon May 29, 2023 3:38 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:47 pm
kovesdiz wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 2:20 pm
Why? This is inherently a PvP game , everyone does PvE to get some basic gear to PvP after. PvE is never the goal in this game. I think you want to reward more PvE so more ppl do it. This would help a bit.
Not everyone, imo keep pve rewards for pve.
Yeah ppl PvE to do PvP, thats why it would help to funnel more ppl into pve if it would reward War Chrest intead ot the UTTERLY useless War Token. I mean you can get 175 War tokens at the weekly and who gonna choose that vs The Stalwart Soulstone or the Weekly Event item? Probably not too many ppl. War Token only good to the the Ruin set for the unlock after that useless. But yeah the PvP rewards are already good enough imo.

Nameless

Post#23 » Mon May 29, 2023 3:44 pm

Imo sewers should be added so ppl pre 40 could farm war tokens for ruin and help lowbies making sewers grps cos it is kinda pain atm.
Also this influence measure of progression is very vague, it should be more clear measure like number of boss kills or so.
It would helpvro add hv abd beastlord also since they are least done pve

How war token are useless since you buy bis pots with them and dont spend war crest on them?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

kovesdiz

Post#24 » Mon May 29, 2023 4:11 pm

Nameless wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:44 pm Imo sewers should be added so ppl pre 40 could farm war tokens for ruin and help lowbies making sewers grps cos it is kinda pain atm.
Also this influence measure of progression is very vague, it should be more clear measure like number of boss kills or so.
It would helpvro add hv abd beastlord also since they are least done pve

How war token are useless since you buy bis pots with them and dont spend war crest on them?
War Token is Useless Since it cost 500!!! War Token to buy 1 Master Apo Ampoule. And you can get WAY more from pvp bags.... War token is not too useful, and for gearing ppl its kinda useless after Ruin Set...

Ninjagon

Post#25 » Mon May 29, 2023 7:09 pm

It is a good idea.
Other dungeons and beastlord bosses should give influence too.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

BluIzLucky

Post#26 » Mon May 29, 2023 9:35 pm

Nameless wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 3:44 pm
You can only by the "BIS" insta heal potion for 14 tokens each, so a 100 tokens gives you 7 pots.
You can buy the same potion on AH for 1-2g.

So this option at best is worth 14g, currently closer to 10g.

This of course assumes you even need to buy them, as you frequently get them for free or discounted from events and lvl up rewards.

So to match to 50 gold alternative option, we'd need to get 500 tokens, but this is just to equal the gold value, with 50 actual gold you can buy anything, tokens only buy blue insta heal potion, so now we are looking at 750-1000 tokens, just to make it better when you are out of blue pots.

So technically not useless, just 5-10x worse than the gold option (which for many also is a bit pointless)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Cuddlesthemighty

Post#27 » Mon May 29, 2023 11:58 pm

Base idea is amazing, rewards could use a tweak and please put HV in.

As far as rewards go they need to be tailored with the demographic in mind. I'm doing wards right now and even as someone that actually needs the dungeons, I'm getting low RR for the weekends, and while it saves crests, it doesn't earn them. Once I have my wards, its then a black hole of progression (dungeons are fun and all, they just take time). I don't think the rewards need to be better than RvR but certainly the war token reward is a bit of an eyebrow raise.

If it doesn't get changed at all, this is still an improvement as some reward for running them is better than none. So all other feedback aside, good stuff, thanks for adding this.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#28 » Tue May 30, 2023 7:00 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:35 pm
You can only by the "BIS" insta heal potion for 14 tokens each, so a 100 tokens gives you 7 pots.

This of course assumes you even need to buy them, as you frequently get them for free or discounted from events and lvl up rewards.

So to match to 50 gold alternative option, we'd need to get 500 tokens, but this is just to equal the gold value, with 50 actual gold you can buy anything, tokens only buy blue insta heal potion, so now we are looking at 750-1000 tokens, just to make it better when you are out of blue pots.

So technically not useless, just 5-10x worse than the gold option (which for many also is a bit pointless)
you cant buy these on AH, they dont even share same cd

Ads
Ruin

Post#29 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:50 am

And in addition to what rejndjer said, don't you buy 10 potions for that 14 tokens? So you can have crafted potions for HP, AP ,and Crest/tokens HP and AP potions that don't share the same CD as crafted ones.

Keula

Post#30 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:54 am

rejndjer wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:00 am
BluIzLucky wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:35 pm

you cant buy these on AH, they dont even share same cd
You're thinking about the pvp potions, which cost war crests and the highest one is 10 crests for 10 potions that heal 2332. What's being talked about here are the blue potions that you buy from the ruin vendor and cost 14 war TOKENS, each, not for 10, just 1 I tested it, and are the exact same potion as the crafted 2748 heal blue one(cmon it even has the same name)s so they are terrible value.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM