Recent Topics

Ads

Im still new, honest

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Garlana

Im still new, honest

Post#1 » Wed May 17, 2023 10:01 am

Hi all,

I've been playing every other day for the last couple of months on a basic non-gaming laptop casually, sadly it freezes for a brief moment every time i level :D (so in RVR this is particularly dangerous), i havent reached lvl 40 on any character as i STILL cant figure out what i want to play and on which side.

I've currently got:

Slayer/Choppa (between lvl 5-10, the quick deaths have been hard to get on board with)
lvls 12-15: Chosen, BO, IB,
lvls 20-27: SH, Shaman, RP and Engi

I play in typical EU times - anything from 8pm- 11pm ish. Just when i start getting into one character and faction, i get the wind knocked out of me and get frustrated with something, which leads me to bouncing to a different character :| .

As can be noticably seen above, im tending to find ranged is my go to more often than not. This isnt normally my go to approach with games, but i just feel in this game i have more time to learn and work things out from a distance whilst also contributing more, espcially as a healer.

I desperatly wish Engineer was slightly more well balanced, i have a great time playing it more often than not, but i cant help feel influenced by others when they talk about about Engi being "the worst class in the game". This makes me feel like i should really save leveling Engi till much later in my quest for my first lvl 40. The Engi aesthetic is easily my favourite in the game from what ive seen from both factions, then again im a big Dwarf fan in all games and wouldnt even consider Order as a faction had they not go Dwarves, as Destruction clearly have the cooler looking classes throughout (IMO).

Hope to see you all in game, feel free to allay (or confirm) my fears over pushing through with Engi, i also like healing in this game, its satisfying...but also more tiring!
Last edited by Garlana on Wed May 17, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Im still new, honest

Post#2 » Wed May 17, 2023 10:38 am

welcome! I would suggest playing what you enjoy. Once you get a feel for the game, leveling goes quickly when you want to make a new character. Enjoy the game, play the engi to lvl40, you only hit 40 on your first character one time!
-= Agony =-

zulnam

Post#3 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:36 pm

Welcome.

Engi is okish. i am referring to the aoe build (grenadier/tinkerer).

The reason engis get a bad rep is because rifleman is the more popular spec, and in pvp it's the equivalent of running back and forth between a fire and a well with a bottle of 0.3 litres.

For a first class I'd say play what you want. The endgame can differ greatly from the more open, casual rvr. Many classes don't make the cutting line when it comes to competitive warbands (SH, for example, is generally taken only in melee spec; very rarely you might get a ranged SH in a single target group)
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Albais

Post#4 » Wed May 17, 2023 8:11 pm

Garlana wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:01 am I desperatly wish Engineer was slightly more well balanced, i have a great time playing it
[...]
The Engi aesthetic is easily my favourite in the game from what ive seen from both factions, then again im a big Dwarf fan in all games

There's a regiment that might be interesting to you then ;)

Garlana wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:01 am I play in typical EU times - anything from 8pm- 11pm ish.

Fittingly, this is exactly when we're running our warbands (every Monday and Wednesday).
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

paperclipdog

Post#5 » Thu May 18, 2023 4:42 am

Garlana wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:01 am Hi all,

I've been playing every other day for the last couple of months on a basic non-gaming laptop casually, sadly it freezes for a brief moment every time i level :D (so in RVR this is particularly dangerous), i havent reached lvl 40 on any character as i STILL cant figure out what i want to play and on which side.

You freeze because of bolstering being re-calculated. It has nothing to do with the laptop, happens to everyone. Once you hit 40 where you will spend most of your time in this game, the freezing will stop.

If you join organised groups you will almost always have a guard & a healer. All melees will feel completely different once you have guard & heal, especially slayer and choppa. They go from suicide machine to wreckingball. Melees are also more in demand than ranged dps for organised groups.

Dajciekrwi

Post#6 » Thu May 18, 2023 9:39 am

Garlana wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:01 am Hi all,

I've currently got:

Slayer/Choppa (between lvl 5-10, the quick deaths have been hard to get on board with)
lvls 12-15: Chosen, BO, IB,
lvls 20-27: SH, Shaman, RP and Engi

I play in typical EU times - anything from 8pm- 11pm ish. Just when i start getting into one character and faction, i get the wind knocked out of me and get frustrated with something, which leads me to bouncing to a different character :| .

As can be noticably seen above, im tending to find ranged is my go to more often than not. This isnt normally my go to approach with games, but i just feel in this game i have more time to learn and work things out from a distance whilst also contributing more, espcially as a healer.

I desperatly wish Engineer was slightly more well balanced, i have a great time playing it more often than not, but i cant help feel influenced by others when they talk about about Engi being "the worst class in the game". This makes me feel like i should really save leveling Engi till much later in my quest for my first lvl 40. The Engi aesthetic is easily my favourite in the game from what ive seen from both factions, then again im a big Dwarf fan in all games and wouldnt even consider Order as a faction had they not go Dwarves, as Destruction clearly have the cooler looking classes throughout (IMO).

Hope to see you all in game, feel free to allay (or confirm) my fears over pushing through with Engi, i also like healing in this game, its satisfying...but also more tiring!
If You meet in pvp a guy - Engi called Utka -ask him for build. He is incredible fast, tough can fight vs 2.

LouiseGonzales

Post#7 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:12 pm

Hello, no matter how fast and strong he is, he can't fight 1 vs 2. I am also very strong tonos para celular tonoscelularmp3