Recent Topics

Ads

testing some performance addon

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Phantasm

Re: testing some performance addon

Post#61 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:15 am

dwyur wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:41 am
Pinrri wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:42 pm
Tesq wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:12 pm

some, these down here in part, but it depent to what you want
https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/no-useless-mods/
That No Useless Mod fix the stuttering every 3 secs on warband? Anyone know any addon to move members from partys compatible with this addon?
I got a new PC which seems to have fixed this issue for the most part, but there is still a very minor stutter when in WB at times. I'm going to disable some addons like WSCT & try NoUseLessMods and see if there is any improvement.
I did experiment years ago when I had problems with lags and stutters in game.
When you donwload fresh clean game instalation and add you addons you usually play with all is smooth. But with data addons build up over time, i think they are main source of issues. Because of that i regularly clean up user folder addon settings, can you believe last time my Enemy SavedVariables.lua was over 20 MB.

Ads
Xergon

Post#62 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:38 am

Phantasm wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:15 am
dwyur wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:41 am
Pinrri wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:42 pm

That No Useless Mod fix the stuttering every 3 secs on warband? Anyone know any addon to move members from partys compatible with this addon?
I got a new PC which seems to have fixed this issue for the most part, but there is still a very minor stutter when in WB at times. I'm going to disable some addons like WSCT & try NoUseLessMods and see if there is any improvement.
I did experiment years ago when I had problems with lags and stutters in game.
When you donwload fresh clean game instalation and add you addons you usually play with all is smooth. But with data addons build up over time, i think they are main source of issues. Because of that i regularly clean up user folder addon settings, can you believe last time my Enemy SavedVariables.lua was over 20 MB.
Enemy can grow that big ONLY if u using Enemy.CombatLog function, which will save all data with abiltiies damage, sources and kills and deaths and so on, which if u wanna keep viewiing in the game, it has to be preloaded everytime.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Phantasm

Post#63 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:19 pm

I learned that myself, also Tortall (and many more like Aura, Deathblow) addon like to collect all data you do as you play, people not aware of it can suffer performance loss. Thats why i mentioned it.

Xergon

Post#64 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:35 pm

Well, overall its very nice tool to look at if u wanna improve, but u need to be aware of it, and either disable when u dont need it or clearing it constantly. Smart thing u can do is having another copy of full warhammer folder and just keep moving that data into other copy so when u wanna just look at data u log that other client.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

dwyur

Post#65 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:34 pm

Xergon wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:52 am The best performing game client i've seen so far is Hellogigi from Formosa, u can sometimes watch hes stream, hes game runs amazingly smoothly. But im pretty sure its also heavily modified game client with chinese language pack, idk if its possible to transform hes setup into english. Someone has to poke him maybe he can share hes profile/setup.

https://www.twitch.tv/hellogigi/clip/Di ... 9yfoUig6KB

The biggest difference i spotted between my setup and hes is how much less hes UI is processing in the memory bank (its visiable at the bottom of hes screen via Warboard_Memory addition), up to 40 MB it shows green between 40-70 its white, 70-90 its yellow, above its red. My UI usually starts with 60-70 range, but after like 1h of game play it hits 100 and i see drastic performance drop.
My Runepriest is in Formosa (9AM EST when they start is perfect time for me to play, working from home :D ) so I will ask him what he might be doing, yeah his game performance among streamers is very high. Evilspinnre YT videos have some of the best large warband fight framerates/performance as well compared to other yt/streamers though there is dips in performance likely due to random ass add-on problems like @Phantasm mentioned. It does feel like one day game just starts stuttering again so fresh installs or you mentioned having your User/Interface folders saved that you can just paste and overwrite whenever performance is lagging is good idea. I probably underestimated how much just having a new good desktop computer impacts performance. I thought laptop bought in 2021 should play the game at it's highest but clearly with this new PC it's much much better.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

Sjukligt3

Post#66 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:56 pm

Damn he has insane performance, do I have to start playing in Chinese? :shock:

bw10

Post#67 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:13 pm

ive had flawless performance under linux/lutris compared to windows. flawless meaning stable 60+ fps on fort pushes. seems impossible under windows

dalinvar

Post#68 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:58 pm

installed the 1.2.1 and it is awesome! keep the work man!

I notice my guard addon Tether doesn't show the guard frame anymore.. anyone got a way to fix that?

Also i see the default player frame..

I'm using the vinyUI addonset.. viewtopic.php?t=6371

thanks a lot

Ads