Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa too fragile?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nickalispicalis

Choppa too fragile?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:21 pm

Does it make any sense for a girl running around in a bikini to have three times more durability?

I started a WE and choppa at the same time. Same level, comparable equipment. The results are shocking.

I find with the choppa already leaning towards toughness, Armor... This goes against the spirit of the class though.

Mind you this is just Tier one. I don't pretend to know how the class plays at cap. If you have a pocket healer, you will surely shine.

Ads
Sofong

Re: Choppa too fragile?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:30 pm

huh how about a short fat guy wear no clothes deal more dmg than a big green orc?

Nickalispicalis

Post#3 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:41 pm

Sofong wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:30 pm huh how about a short fat guy wear no clothes deal more dmg than a big green orc?
Agreed. The mushroom men are always op. Those short little arms are just not capable of generating sufficient force.

Aethilmar

Post#4 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:52 pm

I 100% agree.

Nerf Witch Elf.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:04 pm

One of those threads again. :)
How did you test their durability?
Dying is no option.

Nickalispicalis

Post#6 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:07 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:04 pm One of those threads again. :)
How did you test their durability?
Purely Anecdotal. Compared results, "Basill" the Choppa and "Priscilla" the Witch Elf. You can look up the results to verify what I am saying.

This is not the 10,005th post from some Newb that rolled a Choppa and thought he was playing a tank. I read the description. I didn't charge in there with the tanks. I tried to pick my spots. Generally I would get a kill and be dead right after that. I expected the same results with the Witch Elf to be honest. I was quite surprised how much damage they can take.

CyunUnderis

Post#7 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:17 pm

As a Choppa/Slayer, if you are red, you will be more fragile than a With Elf, but that's not the case during the green/yellow phase (Medium Armor vs Light Armor).

In T1, early T2, Choppa/Slayer should be harder to kill because of the Detaunt + Anti-snare/Charge combo whereas the With Elf need some spec points to get her Vanish (no Charge until then, only Detaunt/Anti-snare). A good defensive Charge helps a lot to kite when you are in danger.

Moreover, Choppa/Slayer's detaunt has 10sc CD for 5sc effect and the Witch Elf has 30sc CD for 15sc effect. So the Choppa should have his CD at a more appropriate timing.

Also, as a Choppa you should have a lot more HP thanks to the tactic "I'm Da Biggest". It helps a lot during leveling phase, especially with bolster.

Deadpoet

Post#8 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:18 am

On live and prior to the patch where some dev gone by now decided he wanted his stealth chars to have the cake and eat it at the same time if you played a stealth class you could kill most anything and not die provided you were smart enough. After the vanish+lose target+ speed burst patch you can kill most anything and not die provided you are not severely mentally handicapped. Such are the joys of WE/WH, a class that was by no means underpowered on live. That is without going into the ranged KD for WE patch and the self heal Buff ( huge for the WH btw). All that justified by the solo class argument and the not being viable in groups or warband argument (you'll notice these two points contradict themselves). And all that while the supposedly solo class is more likely to roam in groups (with other "solo class" WE/WHs ) than any other class in the lakes. Etcetera, too lazy to keep text-stonewalling you guys. So yes, your choppa will always be squishier than your WE, and if you make a black ork tank, for example, any not completely retarded WH will shred him handily or escape if things go just a lil bit south for his liking.

Ads
Sofong

Post#9 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:04 am

Deadpoet wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:18 am On live and prior to the patch where some dev gone by now decided he wanted his stealth chars to have the cake and eat it at the same time if you played a stealth class you could kill most anything and not die provided you were smart enough. After the vanish+lose target+ speed burst patch you can kill most anything and not die provided you are not severely mentally handicapped. Such are the joys of WE/WH, a class that was by no means underpowered on live. That is without going into the ranged KD for WE patch and the self heal Buff ( huge for the WH btw). All that justified by the solo class argument and the not being viable in groups or warband argument (you'll notice these two points contradict themselves). And all that while the supposedly solo class is more likely to roam in groups (with other "solo class" WE/WHs ) than any other class in the lakes. Etcetera, too lazy to keep text-stonewalling you guys. So yes, your choppa will always be squishier than your WE, and if you make a black ork tank, for example, any not completely retarded WH will shred him handily or escape if things go just a lil bit south for his liking.
couldnt agree more.

Farrul

Post#10 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:00 am

Sorry but T1 is irrelevant, in T1 a knight can kill everything .. imagine that.

WE's and WH's have way too much survivability though( deserves to be nerfed once ability rework is finished) through stealth and stealth mechanics.

Choppa/slayer survivability is fine and choppa's especially since you can easily opt for 9-10k wounds in the endgame.