Recent Topics

Ads

Guild flag abuse

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
teoklas

Guild flag abuse

Post#1 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:11 pm

For the past months during NA time certain witch elves have been using the guild flag abilities of invincibility and aoe punt to sneak inside a keep that is beign sieged and punt defenders down from the walls into the blob. To what extent this is allowed, i dont know, i recall swordmasters beign warned not to use M1 to teleport and aoe punt defenders down from the walls since it was a reason enough for ban or something ,correct me if im wrong. Is not like it happens one time, youll see this happening over and over during the siege.

Is this allowed?

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: Guild flag abuse

Post#2 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:32 pm

teoklas wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:11 pm For the past months during NA time certain witch elves have been using the guild flag abilities of invincibility and aoe punt to sneak inside a keep that is beign sieged and punt defenders down from the walls into the blob. To what extent this is allowed, i dont know, i recall swordmasters beign warned not to use M1 to teleport and aoe punt defenders down from the walls since it was a reason enough for ban or something ,correct me if im wrong. Is not like it happens one time, youll see this happening over and over during the siege.

Is this allowed?
This should be allowed.

MSH/SM jump + AoE punt is more or less prohibited because no attacker should be allowed to access a wall thanks to a skill only (except during Fort with Orcapult).

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:43 pm

When the concept of pouncing on walls was being pursued by the dev team, they took a lot of care to mitigate the vast majority of circumstances where you would be able to do that. Swordmasters need an ally already on the wall to leap to. We have not taken action on players getting onto walls, I don't intend to start.

Using guild flags to get into a keep seems fine to me. If the development team doesn't want this to occur, they could limit use of a postern while holding a flag among other things. This doesn't strike me as any bug or exploit. The game mechanics are being used in a normal manner.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

teoklas

Post#4 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:01 pm

Is not about getting in the keep.
Let me elaborate:
Witch elf stealths, goes to oil room, pops a guild flag and then goes up and AOE punts with guild flag ability everyone that was on top near the oil down to the destro blob around the ram for free kills. If main door already bellow half HP, these ppl can't even try to get inside through the main door.

Is like having all of a sudden a tank like black ork or a swordmaster appearing out of nowhere on oil room and aoe punting everyone down to the enemy below as if it had the Bypass Defenses ability that melee dps have.

And you can't counter it because guild flag also has an invulnerability skill that makes you inmune for a long time so it's not like you can kill the flag carrier fast to avoid beign punted.

My point beign, take a look at how guild flag abilities specially the aoe punt are beign used in an abusing way (the res one is usefull tho) during sieges.

Avanos

Post#5 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:19 pm

lolol

<3

You know that any mdps class with bypass can do this right?
Also - you cant pop banner while in stealth, you need to be outta stealth and it takes some time to pop banner - during which any taunts or knockdowns can interrupt that timer.

Sorry you guys got outplayed.
Veretta the Witch Elf

Another satisfied customer

teoklas

Post#6 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:24 pm

Avanos wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:19 pm lolol

<3

Also - you cant pop banner while in stealth, you need to be outta stealth and it takes some time to pop banner - during which any taunts or knockdowns can interrupt that timer.

nah witch elf can stealth right up to the oil room, if any other melee dps tries that he is nuked down, never a choppa or marauder has done that
you pop banner down the oil room where there's usually nobody and safely go up top with invulnerable ability, is a free aoe punt that can't be countered by any means

Avanos

Post#7 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:26 pm

Of course it can be countered.
Veretta the Witch Elf

zgolec

Post#8 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:27 pm

Avanos wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:19 pm lolol

<3

This.
#l2ror

/EOT
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
Endari

Post#9 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:29 pm

Aye I've been seeing the same thing a lot lately. WE usually with a name starting with a V, stealth up and bypasses postern. WE then finds a spot to hide long enough to de-stealth and pop banner and runs to punt everybody from oil. Probably in the rules? yes. Slightly skeevy? also yes.

That said whenever this WE is spotted a warning is usually broadcast to beware of punts so live and learn I guess :)

Avanos

Post#10 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:36 pm

Endari wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:29 pm Aye I've been seeing the same thing a lot lately. WE usually with a name starting with a V, stealth up and bypasses postern. WE then finds a spot to hide long enough to de-stealth and pop banner and runs to punt everybody from oil. Probably in the rules? yes. Slightly skeevy? also yes.

That said whenever this WE is spotted a warning is usually broadcast to beware of punts so live and learn I guess :)
I encourage you all to think outside the box to counter this.

Now...

Veretta the Witch Elf