Recent Topics

Ads

Camp guards agroing winged mounts

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Pahakukka

Camp guards agroing winged mounts

Post#1 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:23 am

Can we have all the campguards no matter the faction to aggro players who come within 100ish feet of any rvr camp with the new winged mounts.
This would greatly benefit the community across the tiers for being able to actually talk any npc in camp without having to go to first person and trying to find the pixel not covered by someones mount.

for example anyone riding with vywern past the supply drop flag would get automatically terminated by camp guards.

Cheers!
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Ads
thiefy

Re: Camp guards agroing winged mounts

Post#2 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:29 am

I second that but terminate sounds rather brutal.
Maybe make the ground around critical npcs (mainly flight masters, mailboxes and healers) no-mount areas. I remember there was a time when you could enter Altdorf bank with a mount and now you can't so it's probably doable
yes i'm toxic but i speak the "truth"
(disclaimer: "truth" is subjective to a person's point of view and possible personal interest)
congratulations! your vision is perfect!
rly? don't you have anything better to do?

Pahakukka

Post#3 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:54 am

thiefy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:29 am I second that but terminate sounds rather brutal.
Maybe make the ground around critical npcs (mainly flight masters, mailboxes and healers) no-mount areas. I remember there was a time when you could enter Altdorf bank with a mount and now you can't so it's probably doable
There is no punishment brutal enough for this.
Some kind of barrier around npcs would work too. Similar than The lotd resource drop-off has.

I would prefer execution tho, maybe with fair warning before.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Cyrylius

Post#4 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:02 pm

I dislike the idea, from my personal experience waiting for the zone lock while sitting on wyvern mount next to mailbox or at least a healer results in better bag rolls.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

nunyamission

Post#5 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:18 pm

I do super super super hate trying to select anything anywhere near the egregious hitboxes of winged mounts.