Recent Topics

Ads

The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and Code of Conduct
User avatar
Lion1986
Posts: 354

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#351 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:35 pm

- Gun Turret - No longer grants a range increase for each stack of Improvised Upgrades.

- Flame Turret - No longer grants Dodge, Disrupt, Radius increase or Range reduction for each stack of Improvised Upgrades.

- Bombardment Turret - No longer grants Damage over Time tick interval reduction with each stack of Improvised Upgrades. No longer grants casting on the move for grenadier abilities.
This also values for magus.
I would make turrets and demons like more a CD. Example

Gun Turret - 30 seconds cd. Range 100. It attacks the target for 10 seconds, reducing it's toughness by X (debuff is a hex)

Bombardment turret - 30 sec cd. 80 range. Attacks targets with projectiles that explode with 20yards radius from initial target, reducing the initiative of targets by X (hex)

Flame turret. 30 yards range . 30 secs cd. Attacks all targets near the turret within 30 yards radius, reducing their strenght by X. (hex

All turrets share same CD. if you summon one all of 3 go in cd.
Summon is instant by default.

This could help magus and engies in keeping their gameplay mobile without sacrificing a signature class skill but using it a s a damage cd :)
My new Healer's UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=53304
Check out my UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=48165

Ads
User avatar
githappens
Posts: 97

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#352 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:37 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:35 pm
- Gun Turret - No longer grants a range increase for each stack of Improvised Upgrades.

- Flame Turret - No longer grants Dodge, Disrupt, Radius increase or Range reduction for each stack of Improvised Upgrades.

- Bombardment Turret - No longer grants Damage over Time tick interval reduction with each stack of Improvised Upgrades. No longer grants casting on the move for grenadier abilities.
This also values for magus.
I would make turrets and demons like more a CD. Example

Gun Turret - 30 seconds cd. Range 100. It attacks the target for 10 seconds, reducing it's toughness by X (debuff is a hex)

Bombardment turret - 30 sec cd. 80 range. Attacks targets with projectiles that explode with 20yards radius from initial target, reducing the initiative of targets by X (hex)

Flame turret. 30 yards range . 30 secs cd. Attacks all targets near the turret within 30 yards radius, reducing their strenght by X. (hex

All turrets share same CD. if you summon one all of 3 go in cd.
Summon is instant by default.

This could help magus and engies in keeping their gameplay mobile without sacrificing a signature class skill but using it a s a damage cd :)
That would be a nerf.

User avatar
Lion1986
Posts: 354

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#353 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:59 pm

githappens wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:37 pm
Lion1986 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:35 pm
- Gun Turret - No longer grants a range increase for each stack of Improvised Upgrades.

- Flame Turret - No longer grants Dodge, Disrupt, Radius increase or Range reduction for each stack of Improvised Upgrades.

- Bombardment Turret - No longer grants Damage over Time tick interval reduction with each stack of Improvised Upgrades. No longer grants casting on the move for grenadier abilities.
This also values for magus.
I would make turrets and demons like more a CD. Example

Gun Turret - 30 seconds cd. Range 100. It attacks the target for 10 seconds, reducing it's toughness by X (debuff is a hex)

Bombardment turret - 30 sec cd. 80 range. Attacks targets with projectiles that explode with 20yards radius from initial target, reducing the initiative of targets by X (hex)

Flame turret. 30 yards range . 30 secs cd. Attacks all targets near the turret within 30 yards radius, reducing their strenght by X. (hex

All turrets share same CD. if you summon one all of 3 go in cd.
Summon is instant by default.

This could help magus and engies in keeping their gameplay mobile without sacrificing a signature class skill but using it a s a damage cd :)
That would be a nerf.
so far you got turrrets buffs removed without anything in return so at least is a "less nerf"
My new Healer's UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=53304
Check out my UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=48165

User avatar
githappens
Posts: 97

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#354 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:03 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:59 pm
githappens wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:37 pm
Lion1986 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:35 pm

This also values for magus.
I would make turrets and demons like more a CD. Example

Gun Turret - 30 seconds cd. Range 100. It attacks the target for 10 seconds, reducing it's toughness by X (debuff is a hex)

Bombardment turret - 30 sec cd. 80 range. Attacks targets with projectiles that explode with 20yards radius from initial target, reducing the initiative of targets by X (hex)

Flame turret. 30 yards range . 30 secs cd. Attacks all targets near the turret within 30 yards radius, reducing their strenght by X. (hex

All turrets share same CD. if you summon one all of 3 go in cd.
Summon is instant by default.

This could help magus and engies in keeping their gameplay mobile without sacrificing a signature class skill but using it a s a damage cd :)
That would be a nerf.
so far you got turrrets buffs removed without anything in return so at least is a "less nerf"
No, not really. It means if you use turret and it gets killed, you can't spawn new for AoE KD, which is MvP at least on order.

User avatar
Paxsanarion
Posts: 317

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#355 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:34 pm

Any update when this might be released and/or any changes ? :-D
Image

User avatar
wonshot
Posts: 1152

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#356 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:46 pm

More than a month ago we got this big piece of communication drop, explaining why it has taken so long and all the tecnicalities behind the changes.
Along with quite some drastic changes in the following near future, such as "potentially closed dungeons" 1.8.4 custome reverting on balancing and something as big as closing down the server for stress testing purposes.

And then not much of a followup, as if things are moving along, how close to these changes are we etc.

For example anyone who is going through the lvl 40 dungeon grind for wards, they would probably want to know if their dungeon crawl will get suddenly interrupted by this dungeon locking while fixing NPCs abilities. Same for anyone who daily faces no 2nd range check on Mara pull and getting pulled 200ft :roll:

I understand that coming out giving this red line of pipeline is putting pressure on getting content and patches shipped, but in this case these are some drastic changes and we are just to wait for more than a month now wondering if tomorrow is the "big day".
Too many times have RoR projects been started with some communication, and not been followed through. Realm Champs 2.0 was annouced and suddenly just a thing of the past with no communication.
Bombling 93BW
<Reign Of Fire> An Empire-only EU RvR guild. For The Challenge of racial restricted PvP.
Recruitment is open!

User avatar
Flowson
Game Artist
Posts: 96
Contact:

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#357 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:14 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:46 pm More than a month ago we got this big piece of communication drop, explaining why it has taken so long and all the tecnicalities behind the changes.
Along with quite some drastic changes in the following near future, such as "potentially closed dungeons" 1.8.4 custome reverting on balancing and something as big as closing down the server for stress testing purposes.

And then not much of a followup, as if things are moving along, how close to these changes are we etc.
Our goal behind the upcomming changes is to create a better balanced and enjoyable experience across the board for all Classes and Races inside the Game.

Please keep in mind that Game- and Class- balanceing and ability Rework is a ongoing journey and not a final destination. We want a functioning system - without temporary fixes and unnecessary compromises.

Like any journey, there may be delays and discomfort. But the bottom line is that the whole team is working hard to provide the players with a test version that can be built upon and be worked with in live state. The better the preparatory work - the fewer changes afterwards.

Therefore, we have not forgotten you . The work is in full progress. Internal Tests are ongoing. Thank you for your patience.

Yours
Flowson

gyps
Posts: 139

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#358 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:32 pm

Flowson wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:14 pm

Our goal behind the upcomming changes is to create a better balanced and enjoyable experience across the board for all Classes and Races inside the Game.

Please keep in mind that Game- and Class- balanceing and ability Rework is a ongoing journey and not a final destination. We want a functioning system - without temporary fixes and unnecessary compromises.

Like any journey, there may be delays and discomfort. But the bottom line is that the whole team is working hard to provide the players with a test version that can be built upon and be worked with in live state. The better the preparatory work - the fewer changes afterwards.

Therefore, we have not forgotten you . The work is in full progress. Internal Tests are ongoing. Thank you for your patience.

Yours
Flowson
We are desperate for an ETA!

Feeling like kids sitting on the back seat of the car asking their parents 'Are we nearly there yet? 'Are we nearly there yet? 'Are we nearly there yet?'

:)

Ads
User avatar
Lion1986
Posts: 354

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#359 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:24 pm

gyps wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:32 pm
Flowson wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:14 pm

Our goal behind the upcomming changes is to create a better balanced and enjoyable experience across the board for all Classes and Races inside the Game.

Please keep in mind that Game- and Class- balanceing and ability Rework is a ongoing journey and not a final destination. We want a functioning system - without temporary fixes and unnecessary compromises.

Like any journey, there may be delays and discomfort. But the bottom line is that the whole team is working hard to provide the players with a test version that can be built upon and be worked with in live state. The better the preparatory work - the fewer changes afterwards.

Therefore, we have not forgotten you . The work is in full progress. Internal Tests are ongoing. Thank you for your patience.

Yours
Flowson
We are desperate for an ETA!

Feeling like kids sitting on the back seat of the car asking their parents 'Are we nearly there yet? 'Are we nearly there yet? 'Are we nearly there yet?'

:)
Spoiler:
Image
My new Healer's UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=53304
Check out my UI pack: viewtopic.php?t=48165

lumpi33
Posts: 424

Re: The Ability System Rewrite and Provisional Patch Notes

Post#360 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:11 pm

Lion1986 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:24 pm Image
haha, yeah...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests