Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
normanis
Posts: 1295
Contact:

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#11 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:07 am

wait when classes will be rolled back.(some will miss their opiness now)
also maras had fixed bugs around pierce bite and healing debuff tactic its used to even drain potion(and those where not fixed on live byt was fixed here. )
also i think any mdps whant mosntro hand that give u+10% armor and heal. and aoe knock down. choppa is head further becaus of gtdc/reworked bring it on (crazy damage) just revert these 2 abilities and mara will shine again. on live well i didnt seen so many choppas as they are here.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 664
Contact:

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#12 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:03 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:55 am
dalinvar wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:42 am
rrrutsss wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:37 am Cant say anything about monstro spec (noodle spec) but other specs get buffed whit 25% additive pen from PB.
didnt they nerfed PD from 50% to 25%? or am I missing something
They make it additive, before it was not additive ( before it added very little damage if you had good armor pen , like literally allmost nothing)
50% vs 25% is not buff my friend. " if you had good armor pen". Mara never had "good" armor pen. On some bis gear WS missing completely. They also have no "always on" weapon skill tactic like choppa. Only in savagery spec which is not the damage, but debuff tree. Now to get back to 50% Armor pen, You have to switch some gear and slot weapon skill talismans insted of strenght ones.
Anyway this is no where near 1.4.8. patch. Mara had his 50% armor pen since he was added in to game on live. It was always there compared to added 50% armor pen tactics on WH/WE in some later patches.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

p00ky
Posts: 128

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#13 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:51 pm

Mara has been broken for long enough. Grats to the devs to finally pushing this out.

User avatar
Adelmar
Posts: 134

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#14 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:34 am

@OP Shadow Warrior says hi
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Everdin
Posts: 550

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#15 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:48 am

My marauder is significant lower then my lion, so a comparsion is a bit difficult, but a few numbers for you (Tested on constructs in the city):

Stat difference is -20str and -30ws on my marauder

Without any buffs/debuffs there is nearly to no difference between both:

My Lions Sundering Chop hits for 366 non crit
My Marauders Impale hits for 357 non crit

Lions SC with Armordebuff hits for 477
Marauders Impale hits for 450
Marauders Impale with additional toughnes debuff hits for 471

The big difference in burst damage is related to 3 things:


- Loner: more damage for Lion - loosing nearly EVERY utility
- The pet itself - was a mess before the patch, and what i can say after yesterday got way worse
- SM with WW and Lions fury

The Marauder on the other hand has:
- A way more reliable pull he can use on the distance as far as he can run after initial pull
- Life/Toughnes/Healdebuff
- a 10% Block/Parry Strikethrough ability
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Bohavwn
Posts: 27

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#16 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:07 pm

Doe piercing bite now apply to auto attacks and non mutated abilities now? If not, what is the purpose of reducing armor pen amount?

User avatar
Omegus
Posts: 1358

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#17 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:43 pm

Just to explain what actually changed with Piercing Bite:

Before: it reduced the remaining armour by 50% AFTER normal armour penetration had been applied. If your normal armour penetration was 0% then with PB it became 50%. If your normal armour penetration was 20% then with PB it became 60% (20% plus half of the remaining 80%). If your normal armour penetration was 40% then with PB it became 70% (40% plus half of the remaining 60%), and so on. This meant that the more you stacked normal armour penetration, the less effective PB became.

For AOE Marauders this was fine as their abilities pretty much all needed mutations so they all ran with little to no normal armour pen plus the PB tactic.

Now: it provides an additional 25% armour pen in addition to your normal armour pen. If your normal pen is 0% then with PB it's 25%. If your normal pen is 20% then with PB it becomes 45% (20% + 25%). If your normal pen is 40% then with PB it becomes 65% (40% + 65%). Makes it a bit more attractive for single target builds who were already having to stack armour pen to boost the damage coming from auto attacks and other filler abilities/debuffs.

It is a nerf overall unless your natural armour pen before PB is at least 50%, at which point the new additive version becomes better, but you need to remember that the previous tactic gave armour pen equal to approximately 700 weapon skill (with little-to-no natural armour pen) which is bonkers.

There were a few other tactics and things that worked the way PB used to work (reducing the armour left after normal armour pen) and they have now all been changed to add to normal armour pen to make it consistent and easier to understand.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

User avatar
wildwindblows
Posts: 423

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#18 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:03 pm

As a veteran mara player, i can say that there is huge improvement with new ability rework patch on mara. However, this class still underperforming compared to wl, wh anyways.

Ads
Mergrim
Posts: 237

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#19 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:41 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:03 pm As a veteran mara player, i can say that there is huge improvement with new ability rework patch on mara. However, this class still underperforming compared to wl, wh anyways.
As a veteran of all classes, I can say that Mara is the worst class in the game right now. And people like you forced this change with a piercing bite. Now your class is 2x weaker than before.
-Rend dmg cutted by twice.
-Most skill nerfed
-Can't bug tacitc anymore(thats good)
-now PB give you only 350ws for mutation skills.

Previously Mara was good in every aspect of the game, crying on the forum about Mara being weak has led to the current state.
Well done to you and second mara i forgot name :D

Bohavwn
Posts: 27

Re: [Marauder] Most nerfed class of the server

Post#20 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:36 pm

How is this considered a buff? All of brutality Stat contributions nerfed by 20%. Piercing bite nerfed by 50%. Yes it's additive now but you have to stack more ws now that could have been used on more str or crit or whatever your flavor is. Also still doesn't affect auto attacks or non mutated abilities. Now you have to sit at or below str cap. Which makes you more susceptible to str debuffs. Doesn't make since to now have savagery the debuff spec hit harder than the straight damage spec.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests