Recent Topics

Ads

Release Level 31 Pre-T3

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Azuzu

Release Level 31 Pre-T3

Post#1 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:10 pm

I believe it would be beneficial to release level 31 Pre-T3 to allow us to begin testing the abilities and any issues that may pop up before T3 is released.

I understand needing to fix lag before the release of many new maps and zones (T3).

However, I think we can get a head start on testing any issues that might pop up with level 27 - 31, tactics/abilities/ect without needing the T3 zones to do so.

Yes, this may cause issues with level 31s being in the same zone as level 12s, but this is an alpha. If testing is truly the goal, this shouldn't stop the the release of new levels/abilities. Players can also level quickly from 12 - 20s, so they shouldn't have to deal with the imbalances for long.

I'm sure the release of T3 zones will cause a list of issues of it's own. Releasing level 31 pre-t3 will stagger the possible problem into two phases. This would make work easier, instead of being flooded with possible level 31 issues + zone/quest/ect issues.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Ads
Coryphaus

Re: Release Level 31 Pre-T3

Post#2 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:12 pm

i agree

also
Azarael wrote:
Is there any reason why we need T3 in order to use a 31 cap? Consider it pre-T3 testing.

(And no, "b-but think of the 12s!" is not a good reason. Scenarios are separated by bracket and you can PvE from 12-20 in a day or two.)
so dont qq about level differences

Azuzu

Post#3 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:15 pm

Coryphaus wrote:i agree

also
Azarael wrote:
Is there any reason why we need T3 in order to use a 31 cap? Consider it pre-T3 testing.

(And no, "b-but think of the 12s!" is not a good reason. Scenarios are separated by bracket and you can PvE from 12-20 in a day or two.)
so dont qq about level differences

I think one of the biggest benefits will be the Devs will be able to deal with possible level 27 - 31 issues, before they have to deal with any T3 zone issues that can arise.

It will make less of a work load, rather than having it all at once.

Edit: I'm not surprised to see Aza posting that. I tend to agree with him most of the time. I think he is a pretty logical guy and the benefits of releasing 31 pre-T3, seem to vastly outweigh negatives. So it makes sense to release it.
Suzu

Jaycub

Post#4 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:22 pm

The only reason not to is because new players (testers) would have to deal with a powergap similar to coming in to T4 without sov gear on live :^)
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Libra

Post#5 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:25 pm

Jaycub wrote:The only reason not to is because new players (testers) would have to deal with a powergap similar to coming in to T4 without sov gear on live :^)
Precisely. Unfortunately nobody besides you came to that conclusion. Stuns me how little players actually know this game.
Sephanol - Chosen || Saora - Magus

Azuzu

Post#6 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:26 pm

Jaycub wrote:The only reason not to is because new players (testers) would have to deal with a powergap similar to coming in to T4 without sov gear on live :^)

Yes, but if this is alpha, shouldn't the focus be on testing. The power gap would only last for a short amount of time, until T3 is actually released.

SCs are already devided and the speed at which you can level doing rats groups is fast enough,that you can hit max level in a couple days.

I don't really agree with the analogy either, because the T4 power gap was one of renown. It was a long slow process and to get the gear you had to fight the people who already had it.

In this case, the power gap is simply closed by killing rats for a couple days.

The obstacle in your way is a very simple one to overcome vs in your analogy a very hard one.

Libra wrote:
Precisely. Unfortunately nobody besides you came to that conclusion. Stuns me how little players actually know this game.
See my above quote. Level 31 =/= rr80+ powergap.
Suzu

Libra

Post#7 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:42 pm

The guy doesn't understand that there are more reasons why T3 is not yet released. What a bummer.

Coryphaus

Post#8 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Libra wrote:The guy doesn't understand that there are more reasons why T3 is not yet released. What a bummer.
Everything in t3 is ready.....only lag is left to be fixed

perhaps you can enlighten us on what other behind the scenes reasons their are?

Ads
Azuzu

Post#9 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Libra wrote:The guy doesn't understand that there are more reasons why T3 is not yet released. What a bummer.
I'm going to assume English isn't your first language. So I apologize if what I'm saying is a bit lost on you.

T3 and why it isn't released isn't the question. It doesn't really have anything to do with the conversation at hand. The reason why T3 isn't release doesn't matter in the context of this conversation.

The reality is T3 isn't released (the reason really not mattering), so until it is I'm suggesting level 31 be released, so we can begin testing the abilities, tactics, ect that will go along with it. In my opinion, there isn't a good reason not to release 31, before T3.
Last edited by Azuzu on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Suzu

Libra

Post#10 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Coryphaus wrote:
Everything in t3 is ready.....only lag is left to be fixed
You're making me laugh. You have no idea how T3 is now and why don't you join the Dev-team with your advanced skills in... constant whining? That will make them release T3 faster.