Recent Topics

Ads

Release Level 31 Pre-T3

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Reesh

Re: Release Level 31 Pre-T3

Post#41 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:50 pm

It's better to release it soon, even with server issues. Anyway it's better then it was in the past. Don't worry Az about quoted opinion.

Ads
Toldavf

Post#42 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Please no character wipes :( Also if you want something that's good quality best just let the devs do it their way.

If you want all the pq's to work the keep lords and doors to function properly and all the npc's to be in the right place with working quests you will just have to wait.

If you want a sandbox zone to bug around in they can probably give us it tomorrow :P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Azuzu

Post#43 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Toldavf wrote:Please no character wipes :( Also if you want something that's good quality best just let the devs do it their way.

If you want all the pq's to work the keep lords and doors to function properly and all the npc's to be in the right place with working quests you will just have to wait.

If you want a sandbox zone to bug around in they can probably give us it tomorrow :P

I don't think having the PQs working is a huge priority that would delay the release of T3 at all.

We will be in t2 until 2017 if we have to wait until everything works perfectly before they move onto T3, I think it's an unrealistic goal to say everything has to work perfectly.. : - P

The original intend of this thread wasn't to beg for the release of T3. I was suggesting we stay in the T2 zones, but pre-release level 31. This would allow for tactics/abilities to be testing before the zones. That way the devs won't have to deal with zones issues + character issues. It would stagger the release.
Suzu

Twitch: Watch The Big Ole Critties!

Suzu's UI: My UI

Abolition

Post#44 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:30 pm

I completely understand, and partially agree with, those who have concerns about a Lv 31 level cap without the release of T3. Having Lv 31s bashing on Lv 12 will not be fun at all, and may even lead to some new players leaving the game.
Didn't Mythic make it so that you could go down a tier below where you were at to "increase population" in the lower tier zones?

That said, given what this game is, I also believe that a gradual/staggered release of the T3 content would be a good course of action.

Speaking of T3 content - Devs, please give us Mount Gunbad!
Spoiler:
Disclaimer, I know that PvE content is low priority. I just think it would be awesome to have a PvE instance to do for when PvP is dead. Also, Mount Gunbad is sweet!
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

tomato

Post#45 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Mb just open one zone for t3 at first, or make one t2 zone lvl 22-31 only.
That way there would be no lvl 31 bashing lvl 12 players.

Toldavf

Post#46 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:51 pm

gunbad is pretty sweet :p
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Coryphaus

Post#47 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Abolition wrote:I completely understand, and partially agree with, those who have concerns about a Lv 31 level cap without the release of T3. Having Lv 31s bashing on Lv 12 will not be fun at all, and may even lead to some new players leaving the game.
What is the diffrence between level 12 getting rofl stomped by lvl 31 and a level 26? They die a little bit faster? If you foolishly choose to pvp in rvr lakes without being decently near the level cap then expect that to happen regadless; you can reach the max cap after a few hours of pve any way.

To oppose this on the grounds of the potential "level gap" dosnt seem valid to me, this wont cause a problem in scs since the devs can just create more brackets and like i stated i cant sympathize with any low levels who choose to go into rvr lakes when being no where near the cap

PooperScooper7

Post#48 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:43 pm

I was under the impression you could level in PvP. That was why you got xp in rvr. That is how I have level up every character. Leveling up mindlessly in PvE grinding mobs seems sleep inducing to me at best.

My suggestion would be give the devs a week off and let them actually play the game. Then let them make up their own damn minds about what they think is important. No bug fixes, no asshole questions answered (I'm one of those assholes fyi), just a battery recharge.

Ads
Abolition

Post#49 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Coryphaus wrote:
Abolition wrote:I completely understand, and partially agree with, those who have concerns about a Lv 31 level cap without the release of T3. Having Lv 31s bashing on Lv 12 will not be fun at all, and may even lead to some new players leaving the game.
What is the diffrence between level 12 getting rofl stomped by lvl 31 and a level 26? They die a little bit faster? If you foolishly choose to pvp in rvr lakes without being decently near the level cap then expect that to happen regadless; you can reach the max cap after a few hours of pve any way.

To oppose this on the grounds of the potential "level gap" dosnt seem valid to me, this wont cause a problem in scs since the devs can just create more brackets and like i stated i cant sympathize with any low levels who choose to go into rvr lakes when being no where near the cap
Simply because Tier 2 is intended to be Lv 12-21, as opposed to Lv 12-31.
Lv 12s don't "die a little faster" to a Lv 26. They explode pretty much instantaneously.
To be honest, I think a level cap of 26 already makes things incredibly rough for Lv 12ish characters. I think that fighting against people 14+ levels higher than you is not an ideal situation (and bolster isn't an argument I consider "valid"). But it is what it is. Obviously you disagree with that, and that's OK.

I suppose with your logic, we should start allowing Lv 21s into Tier 1? Because we shouldn't sympathise with low levels who choose to go into RvR lakes being nowhere near the cap?

I see you selectively read what I wrote, because what I said was that I completely understand, and partially agree with, the people who have those concerns. I think it is a valid way of thinking. Obviously, you don't, and that's OK.
Obviously you chose to ignore the part where I said that due to the server being what it is, that a gradual roll out of T3 content would be my preferred course of action. I'll even quote myself below for your convenience, to save you from scrolling up a couple of posts.
Abolition wrote: That said, given what this game is, I also believe that a gradual/staggered release of the T3 content would be a good course of action.
To eloborate further, a "gradual roll out of T3 content", such as is what is being suggested here, could involve either:
- Increasing level cap to 31, while keeping us in Tier 2. Resulting in keeping the population in the current number of zones, but with a bigger power gap.
- Releasing Tier 3, without increasing the level cap. Resulting in a population that is spread across even more zones.

I would be happy with either, because it'd be new content and allows us to start testing for Tier 3, but each brings different challenges.
In the meantime, I'm content leveling up alts.

TL:DR I'm in favour of releasing T3 content in a staggered fashion so we can test everything properly. I just understand the concerns that some people have regarding a power gap.
Last edited by Abolition on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Uchoo

Post#50 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:04 pm

/signed
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8