Recent Topics

Ads

Disable Rift/Electromagnet prior to releasing t3

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zabis

Re: Disable Rift/Electromagnet prior to releasing t3

Post#121 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:41 pm

RyanMakara wrote:
zabis wrote:Coordinate punts with rdps to kill squishies bombing from the top, guard the postern, guard the healers, be guarded by the tanks and bang on the door. Mdps can do things besides just sit there with their unmentionables showing.
Getting a team of MDPS inside a keep and having your healers AoE heal at the door does wonders for ground floor clearing/holding before the door goes down. Should we disable those too at keeps? :P

Should be done for close-range AoE too... make tight quarter ramp bombing a thing of the past and let the Pits of Shadow rule!
Everything I said for mdps to do is legal, I said nothing of being pulled into the keep
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Ads
SpikyBitz

Post#122 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:11 am

zabis wrote:Coordinate punts with rdps to kill squishies bombing from the top, guard the postern, guard the healers, be guarded by the tanks and bang on the door. Mdps can do things besides just sit there with their unmentionables showing.
While I'm pretty sure I've been RDPS punted a few times (seems likely that's what it was), if the caster positions correctly (I didn't: my bad), they will not be likely to go over the edge. All they have to do is find a safe spot where they are lodged, and can hit below in front of the main door and, if guarded and healed, they will never drop. Pretty much seems like how it always pans out when Order's up top, and I cannot imagine Destro RPDS were not trying to punt BWs. The BWs never seem to die (in fairness, I recall ONE battle where a BW was suddenly on the deck, but that was a notable case). There are plenty of other threads on a particular reason or two why this d/n pan out when Destro tries to def, but that is another matter. If the RDPS up top is smart and coordinated with healers and tanks, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon, and melee nvr has a crack at them.

I am wondering (no snark, just wondering) if Fetch will work after Pounce to drop RDPS dn from ramparts and into the thick of things, or thru the still-closed door whenever the Lion glitches thru the door (seems common) and hits someone within. Never had to face Fetch myself, so I only see the vids and write ups on it and was wondering.
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!

Reesh

Post#123 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:41 am

Spiky, fetching through the door while in massive keep fights won't be common, as due to aoe lion won't survive long enough. Mara pull on the other hand...

Tiggo
Former Staff

Post#124 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:56 am

Genisaurus wrote:
Nobody considered counter-rifting players out of the keep, into the zerg, so that players can wail on the door in relative safety. This is a bug and will get fixed and all that, but it works both ways.

i did ^^ BUT:

a) you dont know how many players are behind the door inside the keep, but you can clearly see how many are outside in front of the door
b) normally not to many are behind the door on bottom floor but rather on top floor walls.
c) while rifting people to outside of the keep these can easily get inside again by clicking on the door, while people sucked into the keep can NOT get outside again. (this is the most important difference).

so no its not a win/win situation keeping that bug alive in t3.

On german server the guild unclean nearly destroyed the server comunity with abusing this bug for months until mythic fixed it...

so i support this suggestion and lay the solution in the hands of our gods ;)
Last edited by Tiggo on Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Martock - Tiggo - Antigonos - Mago - Hamilkar - Melquart
- Smooshie (Destro)

SpikyBitz

Post#125 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:24 am

Reesh wrote:Spiky, fetching through the door while in massive keep fights won't be common, as due to aoe lion won't survive long enough. Mara pull on the other hand...
I was thinking abt that, but does TE require LoS?

EDIT: Nvm. Thinking abt it, as the Lion is rly only half in and half out of the door, he should, in theory, not pull you outside, tho it might pop u just out of it, on the threshold. If it worked that way.

Azarael

Post#126 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:16 am

Rift and EM will fail to pull a given target if all the following conditions are true:

- Target and caster are on opposite sides of a keep door
- That they are both within 75 feet of
- The keep door has not been destroyed
- The source and target are within 15 feet of the doorway on the Z axis

This should be almost as good as having a LOS check.

This said, I think this thread has run its course.

SpikyBitz

Post#127 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:30 am

Azarael wrote:Rift and EM will fail to pull a given target if all the following conditions are true:

- Target and caster are on opposite sides of a keep door
- That they are both within 75 feet of
- The keep door has not been destroyed
- The source and target are within 15 feet of the doorway on the Z axis

This should be almost as good as having a LOS check.

This said, I think this thread has run its course.
Wow, that sounds like it was a lot of work. Thank you, Az!

Azarael

Post#128 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:31 am

Nah, was quick to do.

Ads
SpikyBitz

Post#129 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:35 am

Azarael wrote:Nah, was quick to do.
Well, TY anyway! A bug squashed b4 it could even draw buggy breath. :D

Gobtar

Post#130 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:39 pm

You can still be rifted/puilled through doors, should I open a bug tracker?