Recent Topics

Ads

Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MattWaaghtring

Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Post#1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Hey! I'm a former developer for WAR and it's really neat what you're doing. WAR was the last game I made in the game industry before switching to a career in IT, so I have very fond memories of working on the game. I was also very sad when the game and then the studio closed-up for good.

I've got nothing but admiration and praise for you all. Now get dem boyz into da WAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Former dev, happy for the Waaagh!

Post#2 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Hey, good to have you!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Nice! What aspect did you work on? Can we hammer you with all sorts of questions? :D

[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

MattWaaghtring

Post#4 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:17 pm

I was personally congratulated by Mark Jacobs for this bit of nonsense on one snowy day in Fairfax, Virginia. I had no idea people were watching me, and I returned inside as the "Office hero" for about 5 minutes. http://signsofwar.blogspot.com/2009/02/ ... ber-4.html

I was one of the design implementers. My team would get a "script" of what the quests were supposed to be, and our team would take the code and art and script together what players would experience. I worked on some of the content for all 3 of the Chaos/Order pairings.

After that, I worked in the Tome of Knowledge (post release). I'm sure I had other jobs here and there, but those were the main-ones.

EDIT: OH! A big part of the fun I had at Mythic was working for Mark Davis (one of the very BEST managers I have ever had the pleasure of working with) on the special/seasonal events! Yeah, you can pepper me with questions. I love to reminisce the "good ol' days" :)
Last edited by MattWaaghtring on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kragg

Post#5 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:18 pm

Welcome! You'll be thrilled to play again!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

drmordread
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:20 pm

GET IN DA LAKES AND WWWAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

bloodi
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:22 pm

MattWaaghtring wrote:I was one of the design implementers. My team would get a "script" of what the quests were supposed to be, and our team would take the code and art and script together what players would experience. I worked on some of the content for all 3 of the Chaos/Order pairings.
So.... well, you know, we may have a little problem with scripts for pqs and so on around here....

Imagine this, you would totally not help the devs here with it and we totally wouldnt pay you an undisclosed amount via paypal with the community help for your asssistance since you know, you never did anything at all and all that.

Wink wink, hint hint.

MattWaaghtring

Post#8 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:41 pm

bloodi wrote:
So.... well, you know, we may have a little problem with scripts for pqs and so on around here.....
Ahhh PQ scripting... So many times, we would have to reset the whole region in order to get all the content in the right position to make them work! I feel your pain... I really do.

Ads
Londo

Post#9 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:42 pm

In the game client files we see references to "Internal wiki" documentation, you wouldn't happen to still have them would you? :) It would really help in adding new content.
Spoiler:

bloodi
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Londo wrote: It would really help in adding new content.
You know what would also help? The new Sylvania content, what can you tell us about that Matt?

Whose **** we have to suck to get access to it? Murder maybe?

We would do things for that content Matt, terrible dark and despicable things.