Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Culexus

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#751 » Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 pm

So now that Waaagh! bot is no more, how are people specing their SnB BOs?

I've been playing around with using You Wot!?!!! as SnB and being godmode for 20 out of every 30 seconds. Also makes Da Biggest! a bit more powerful with increased stat steal.

Path of Da Boss is still probably the best spec for us though, especially if there's no Chosen in the group, but it's fun trying new builds rather than just the 1.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 60+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Ads

DokB

Post#753 » Mon May 24, 2021 5:56 am

Spoiler:
Culexus wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 pm So now that Waaagh! bot is no more, how are people specing their SnB BOs?

I've been playing around with using You Wot!?!!! as SnB and being godmode for 20 out of every 30 seconds. Also makes Da Biggest! a bit more powerful with increased stat steal.

Path of Da Boss is still probably the best spec for us though, especially if there's no Chosen in the group, but it's fun trying new builds rather than just the 1.
I think it would have made more sense to keep CDR on BO and to remake Chop Fasta into something else. Tank setups in groups is usually fairly easy since there’s only 2 of 3 tanks to choose from in a 2/2/2 setup, while DPS choice is more restrictive since you have 2 of 6 and if you want to benefit from CDR then Choppa is your only choice, restricting your DPS choice even further. A mDPS having the only CDR tool is also a fairly strange choice to settle on since no other DPS has such a tool that benefits the group in such a way. Slayer has its defining ID/Shatter Limbs/Rampage combo which suits its role perfectly. Then we have this weird anomaly with Choppa being the only CDR tool for Destruction. Maybe it’s just me but I would have thought it made the most sense for the group utility skill (CDR) to be delegated to the tank archetype.

Also if it wasn’t obvious already, No Choppin’ Me and We’z Bigger is straight up dumpster garbage. I’m not saying BO needs to be compensated for CDR removal, but now what other choices do BO have to spec for really?
56 toughness DPS aren’t going to care about a 100+ toughness buff. All tanks already have a way to boost their own toughness. Healers might appreciate it, but I feel they would prefer wounds/armor to toughness and even then it’s not really worth an 11pt tactic slot. FML could already be applied to the rest of your group with a few clicks and most of the time you are only going to be buffing certain DPS classes with it and that’s it.
We’z Bigger is a 30ft AoE, 3 second buff on a 20 second CD. Nuff said.

But hey, at least Black Orc’s still look cool amirite gamers?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Lokiusus

Post#754 » Mon May 24, 2021 1:32 pm

DokB wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:56 am
Spoiler:
Culexus wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:30 pm So now that Waaagh! bot is no more, how are people specing their SnB BOs?

I think it would have made more sense to keep CDR on BO and to remake Chop Fasta into something else. Tank setups in groups is usually fairly easy since there’s only 2 of 3 tanks to choose from in a 2/2/2 setup, while DPS choice is more restrictive since you have 2 of 6 and if you want to benefit from CDR then Choppa is your only choice, restricting your DPS choice even further. A mDPS having the only CDR tool is also a fairly strange choice to settle on since no other DPS has such a tool that benefits the group in such a way. Slayer has its defining ID/Shatter Limbs/Rampage combo which suits its role perfectly. Then we have this weird anomaly with Choppa being the only CDR tool for Destruction. Maybe it’s just me but I would have thought it made the most sense for the group utility skill (CDR) to be delegated to the tank archetype.

Also if it wasn’t obvious already, No Choppin’ Me and We’z Bigger is straight up dumpster garbage. I’m not saying BO needs to be compensated for CDR removal, but now what other choices do BO have to spec for really?
56 toughness DPS aren’t going to care about a 100+ toughness buff. All tanks already have a way to boost their own toughness. Healers might appreciate it, but I feel they would prefer wounds/armor to toughness and even then it’s not really worth an 11pt tactic slot. FML could already be applied to the rest of your group with a few clicks and most of the time you are only going to be buffing certain DPS classes with it and that’s it.

I'm really hoping the dev team takes the dumptruck(s) worth of feedback on taking CDR from Choppa, giving it to BLORK, and giving them some damage help.

In reality, I think we'll end up with CHOP eventually losing CF for minimal consideration and a continuing "deal with it" message for BLORK. Gotta make sure the community knows their place...
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+

Tenhi

Post#755 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm

Lokiusus wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:32 pm
DokB wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:56 am
Spoiler:

I'm really hoping the dev team takes the dumptruck(s) worth of feedback on taking CDR from Choppa, giving it to BLORK, and giving them some damage help.

In reality, I think we'll end up with CHOP eventually losing CF for minimal consideration and a continuing "deal with it" message for BLORK. Gotta make sure the community knows their place...

From what I've read in one of the other BO threads that Choppa vs BO CDR discussion was brought up by one of the Destro RCs but it was either too late (1month before the patch) or they didnt think it was a good idea. At this point I would work under the assumption that we dont get CDR back.

Edit: Also like DokB already mentioned, the new tactic is craptastic and We'z Bigger is the same. The toughness from the new tactic doesnt stack with the Chosen Aura and the WS buff is already easy enough to keep up on your 2 DPS (its a 20sec buff...). We'z Bigger is just way to short with 3sec/20sec, I ran it when we still had Waaagh CDR (with +2 from Sov) and even with 3sec/15sec its not worth it. The duration is so low you cant really organize anything around it, coordinating in Disc around a 3sec buff is also pretty futile.

What I wanna try again is the punt tactic to see if thats maybe worth something... but iirc it was also pretty craptastic. Something like this (with +2Sov) RoR.builders - Black Orc

starness88

Post#756 » Mon May 24, 2021 3:47 pm

Tenhi wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm What I wanna try again is the punt tactic to see if thats maybe worth something... but iirc it was also pretty craptastic. Something like this (with +2Sov) RoR.builders - Black Orc
I tried it, the punt is not far enough to disable a guard, but you can use to it disturb a solo dps without give immune to every one. It's not huge but it can help in some situation.

Example : Random WH pop on a mate, i stun him, a the end of stun you snare and solo punt him.

phononHYPE

Post#757 » Mon May 24, 2021 4:03 pm

I always understood that tactics were included in your personal bonuses (Internal bonuses = stats from gear+talis+rr poins+and tactics; external bonuses = stats from abilities [yours or someone elses]+potions). So you could have a toughness tactic and take a toughness potion, but if a toughness ability was used on your, say chosen aura, then you only gain the benefit of the largest bonus. BG can therefore stack two toughness bonuses, Rugged+Terrifying Foe (or knight and Rugged+Runefang).

This now seems to exclude that, which throws the old rules out the window - assuming the above were actually rules.

My small bit for this big change, at any rate.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Duukar

Post#758 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:08 pm

I use the same spec minus the Waahhgg tactic. I’ve replaced it with Rugged dropped all my toughness and wounds tallies.

Now I run str and WS tallies. Trying to find the right balance because waahhgg does Corp dmg and won’t benefit for higher WS but the rest of the kit loves armor pen and more parry.

At the moment I’m running 5 sov 3 invader 1 sent with 6% block 2 genesis Fort weapon and Anethema shield.

I have buffed
630 str
450 ws
840 tough
10k hps
-3% chance to be crit
50% block
30% parry
30% dodge
30% disrupt

Tanky AF with some quite amped up dmg capabilities.

They say we get M3 soo fast and it’s soo powerful so now they get it. I only bellow when it makes too much sense not to bellow.

Stat steal paired with tons and tons of spammed aoe spreads the love. It’s not great damage but it adds up quickly and can contribute to the blob nicely while stil doing all the tanky things we do. Then finally we drop M3 with the morale bomb just after the CC to finish the set up.

They seem to leave us with only damage as our “utility” so I plan to give it to them.

Ads
xMYMxWaaaaghGorithm

Post#759 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:59 pm

WAAAAAAGH!!!

So what is the standard meta 2h build these days ? anything changed ?

would love to see peoples 2h builds with what armor they are using

Regards WaaaaghGorithm

Vri

Post#760 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:25 pm

xMYMxWaaaaghGorithm wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:59 pm WAAAAAAGH!!!

So what is the standard meta 2h build these days ? anything changed ?

would love to see peoples 2h builds with what armor they are using

Regards WaaaaghGorithm
You can find that really fast in this thread. It changes very little and can change depending on what you like or what your group/warband/party need. This thread has a vast amount of information.