Recent Topics

Ads

Sildur's Enhanced WAR Shaders v6.0: DX11, DX12, OpenGL, Vulkan (January 31, 2023)

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Eisboleas

Re: Sildur's Enhanced WAR v4.0.1+Vulkan! (June 19, 2022)

Post#751 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:17 am

As newer releases coming from DXVK, to upgrade to those without having an impact on ReShades, we can just copy paste the d3d9.dll file from the newer version ?
Also is there a way to understand if your Reshade is active or not ?
Thanks in advance !
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

Ads
knick

Post#752 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:55 pm

i have flickering shadows if i use Ambient occlusion with f10. any tips ?
[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

unfairway2003

Post#753 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:10 am

RuffRyder wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:37 pm
inoeth wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:05 pm
Spoiler:
nocturnalguest wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:39 pm
Where exactly? In source code?
Shader is causing anomalities for me as well.
press "pos1" button on your keyboard ingame and you will see ;)
Thanks for the hint, that seems to work and by setting it to auto both the flickering and shadowing through layers is gone :)

Just to be clear what I did:
1) pressed POS1, dragged MXAO to top of the list
2) right clicked the entry - Edit source code - qUINT_mxao.fx - identified presets in line 53 (1=Low, 2=Very Low ... 8=Auto)
3) went to [RoR folder]\Reshade\Sildurs-Enhanced-WAR-v4.0.1-Default.ini and changed line 264 (MXAO_GLOBAL_SAMPLE_QUALITY_PRESET) from preset 4 (High) to 8 (Auto)
The above (#3)fixed the flickering issue I had for v4.0.1, I recommend installing notepad++ to view line numbers in text files.

I use this on Windows 10 x64 bit.
I have a 1050ti Nvidia graphics card.
I have the following set when I right-click on my Desktop "Nvidia Control Panel" :
Texture filtering - Quality = Quality
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization = Off
Vertical Sync = Adaptive

You should also delete the "cache" folder in your game folder after every time you exit the game and before you start up the game next time or you could do the same thing easily with this .bat script:

After I finish playing the game I have a .bat script named "End" that I always use afterward (that I placed into my game folder) like this:
rmdir /s /q cache
del d3d9.dll
del WAR-64.dxvk-cache
del RoRLauncher.dxvk-cache
del WAR-64_d3d9.log
del RoRLauncher_d3d9.log
del d3d9.log
As for why I always clear old d3d9.dll file after every time I play the game and replace it with a new one: I always keep a spare copy of the original d3d9.dll from the 4.0.1 download in another folder, which I simply copy and paste back into the game folder after I've cleared the cache.

My research into other threads about dxvk reveals that d3d9.dll can get corrupted after you play the game and exit the game, so I simply replace it every time after I play the game to help prevent crashes/bugs.

I made a shortcut of this .bat file to my Desktop for when I clear cache after I exit the game.

To make the usage of these .bat files more visually appealing every single time I play the game, I use icon this picture to replace the .bat default icon picture like this:

End.bat

Convert this pic to .ico, I recommend: online-convert.com

Right click End.bat on your desktop, click properties, click shortcut tab, click change icon, click browse, and then select End.bat icon.

2. In the game settings, click "Settings" than click "Video" then enable show frame and disable fullscreen mode and make sure both of the resolution's are set to your monitor's display resolution.
To find out what this is, right-click Desktop, then click Display Settings to find out your monitor's Display Resolution

Eisboleas

Post#754 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:35 pm

So it seems that Vulkan work nicely, but ReShade wont apply, any ideas ?
"If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see."

Darkenya [WE]

DsyncERROR

Post#755 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:12 pm

im still trying to get this to work. im probably doing something wrong with trying to edit the file for the pathing.

dtjror

Post#756 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:08 pm

I also get flickering with MXAO. I changed the global value to auto like others have, and while that does seem to “fix” the flickering, it also makes the MXAO effect so minor as to be barely noticeable. So, it may just that be a product of that.

Here is something I noticed though that maybe could help one of you tech savvy people (I’m not) figure out what is going on. In the add-on tab there is table that apparently is tracking “calls” and “clears”. Whenever there is a flicker, the little arrow (<) next to “clear 2” also flashes (otherwise it’s not there).

Does that provide any insight? Any suggestions on what else could be adjusted within MXAO to eliminate the flickering?

Azhag

Post#757 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:59 pm

Guys, any ideas why the game doesn't want to launch with the new Vulkan update?

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

Fenris78

Post#758 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:42 pm

Azhag wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:59 pm Guys, any ideas why the game doesn't want to launch with the new Vulkan update?
If you are on windows, I suggest to try this instead of DXVK : viewtopic.php?t=47969

Wont conflict with reShade, old or new, since it doesnt require any specific dll, and you will, at least, eliminate most of the micro-stuttering during gameplay, wich is the main goal of those proxies.
Just be sure to run your game with "effect quality = fastest framerate", otherwise max effect quality will likely crash.

Other than that, it also eliminate the hassle of configuration files, since it's API-controlled and not an overlay like reshade/DXVK.

Ads
twistedveggies

Post#759 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:37 pm

Is there a way to disable F10, F11, etc. from switching the shader on and off? I have those keys bounded as MMO side mouse buttons.

Fenris78

Post#760 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:06 pm

twistedveggies wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:37 pm Is there a way to disable F10, F11, etc. from switching the shader on and off? I have those keys bounded as MMO side mouse buttons.
Configuration panel is opened with Shift + F2 iirc.
Then from here you got a tab to change/remove keybinding. ;)