Recent Topics

Ads

Sildur's Enhanced WAR Shaders v6.0: DX11, DX12, OpenGL, Vulkan (January 31, 2023)

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
dtjror

Re: Sildur's Enhanced WAR v4.0.1+Vulkan! (June 19, 2022)

Post#791 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:05 pm

Sildur wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:49 pm
RuffRyder wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:24 pm Thanks for the update, the installation is working fine (I removed old \Reshade folder, d3d9.dll and Reshade.ini) but with the new .dll the fonts of the menu bottons look weird. When using the former .dll it works but ofc not with latest Reshade. Am I missing something?
What graphics card are you using and are your drivers up to date? I can't reproduce this on my rtx 3070, tried various different resolutions aswell but it's also working just fine.
Also here's a version with a bit less strong AO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_rPmzR ... share_link
For those of you who keep asking for it, here is the post with the active link (he updated it).

Sildur, thanks for everything you do - really amazing stuff. Couple of questions:

1. Somewhat similar to the poster above, for me the new version makes my character portrait become just a black circle. But this is outdoor or indoor, light or dark conditions, so I don't think it's MXAO bleed-through. Didn't notice anything else affected, but didn't have it active all that long. Any ideas?
2. MXAO seems to work in this new version (i.e., no flickering), which is great, but the intensity of the effect is much less compared to prior versions. Even ratcheting the number of passes way up doesn't seem to compensate. I noticed some of the MXAO settings (variables) are quite a bit different from prior versions. To the extent they are duplicated (not all the same variable seem to be present), could we change them to what they were in the prior and likely get the more enhanced effect, or was there a particular reason you set them as you did?

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Ads
Sildur

Re: Sildur's Enhanced WAR v6.0: DX11, DX12, OpenGL, Vulkan (January 31, 2023)

Post#792 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:17 am

Main post has been updated with version 6.0. Adding support for DX11, DX12, OpenGL and Vulkan with reshade 5.6.0. Make sure to read the whole main post. This might be my last update on this, aside from binary updates. It includes pretty much everything that would ever be needed.

Phantasm

Post#793 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:32 am

Sildur wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:17 am Main post has been updated with version 6.0. Adding support for DX11, DX12, OpenGL and Vulkan with reshade 5.6.0. Make sure to read the whole main post. This might be my last update on this, aside from binary updates. It includes pretty much everything that would ever be needed.
Great news for compiling all files in one download but mentioned above issues (vulkan crashing on zone change, dx11 not loading minimap dungeons) have been fixed?

Sildur

Post#794 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:38 am

Phantasm wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:32 am Great news for compiling all files in one download but mentioned above issues (vulkan crashing on zone change, dx11 not loading minimap dungeons) have been fixed?
Some of this issues are simply caused by different GPU vendors like Nvidia, amd and intel. Aswell as outdated gpu drivers. Vulkan issues might be fixed because there have been a quite a few updates to it's binaries. DX11 and DX12 binaries are no longer being updated so use OpenGL or Vulkan instead if you run into issues with them.
dtjror wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:05 pm Sildur, thanks for everything you do - really amazing stuff. Couple of questions:
1. Somewhat similar to the poster above, for me the new version makes my character portrait become just a black circle. But this is outdoor or indoor, light or dark conditions, so I don't think it's MXAO bleed-through. Didn't notice anything else affected, but didn't have it active all that long. Any ideas?
2. MXAO seems to work in this new version (i.e., no flickering), which is great, but the intensity of the effect is much less compared to prior versions. Even ratcheting the number of passes way up doesn't seem to compensate. I noticed some of the MXAO settings (variables) are quite a bit different from prior versions. To the extent they are duplicated (not all the same variable seem to be present), could we change them to what they were in the prior and likely get the more enhanced effect, or was there a particular reason you set them as you did?
Thanks again for all your efforts!
There were some changes to MXAO to prevent issues like have it bleed through fog or water in the distance, you should be able to tweak it to your liking though.
See my post above, if you run into issues with DX11 and DX12 use OpenGL or Vulkan instead.

Phantasm

Post#795 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:08 am

Thx for info, i didnt try OpenGL yet, also ill check out Vulkan regarding crash issues. As always great work, your addon make more eye pleasing quite old game and give a better change for new players to try it out.

xpander
Community Management

Post#796 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:49 am

How can you even use OpenGL with this game outside of Linux?
Wine with its own builtin translation layer converts dx9/dx11 to OpenGL
to my knowledge there aren't any other layers that do that. There are only layers that translate stuff to vulkan or dx12 afaik
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Sildur

Post#797 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:22 pm

xpander wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:49 am How can you even use OpenGL with this game outside of Linux?
Wine with its own builtin translation layer converts dx9/dx11 to OpenGL
to my knowledge there aren't any other layers that do that. There are only layers that translate stuff to vulkan or dx12 afaik
Yeah that's what I'm actually using, wined3d lol.

Phantasm

Post#798 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:50 pm

Quickly checked out vulkan and OpenGL installs.
OpenGL is a bit darker, i love how it looks, but when i logged into city noticed stutters and fps drops to 99>>30 when was turning around.
Vulkan, easy to install, i added newest vulkan runtime as u mentioned, less darky preset, MXAO insvisible, dunno why, keybind doesnt change anything, but all is smooth! I flied few times other zones, so far nothing happens, ill run it tonight in WB for few hours and see if there are any problems with crashes. Minimap works as should.

Ads
Denali

Post#799 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:57 pm

hi! Quick question about this update:

I had everything working well under your 4.0 profile, but decided to update ReShade to 5.6 and followed your instructions on how to update to this 6.0 profile (using Vulkan, after checking hardware compatibility), but when jumping into the game and hitting Home to open the ReShade settings, I see your 6.0 ini profile is the active/loaded profile, but there are no shaders listed as being active.

Not sure where I went wrong, but basically, it seems like ReShade itself loads, but there aren't any shaders loaded to turn on/off/adjust. Any suggestions? thanks!

MDUBZ

Post#800 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:52 am

Was running great on previous upload with DX11 but now I'm stuck with "Authentication failed -- application will now terminate" when I get to char select screen on every version, Vulkan, DX12, DX11.