Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
UCanNotKillADead

Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes

Post#11 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:05 pm

I can find more player for Wrath of Heroes !

Ads
sotora

Post#12 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:40 pm

On-topic:

Aside of using Warhammer characters&names and some of same art assets WoH is a completly diffrent game, so imho OP you would need new and diffrent group to make an emulator of WoH.

I really doubt that most of developers and RoR community would want to involve themself with WoH.
I certainly would not.

Off-topic:
Luth wrote: - bad balance; In WoH you could buy better classes + items with real money. The only semi-legal method to revive the game would be to make it non-profit. If the game would be a real free2play game, everyone would run around with the same handful of OP classes.
Free2Play became associated with cash shops, buying in game-items/bonuses for $$$.

I think that RoR is best to be called a free game. Instead of free 2 play which become synonim for commercial business model.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Druin
Former Staff

Post#13 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Oh dear god.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

jonathanmurphy3

Post#14 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:49 pm

...why would you play WoH when there are 1000s of other readily-available f2p MOBAS out there, 10x better, 10x better developed?
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20
Leader of Lupus Deus Est (Destro) - a competitive small-scale PvP Guild

Tesq

Post#15 » Thu May 14, 2015 4:29 pm

would indeed cool bring here in game some texture, duno if they can be converted in war online format :D

Luth

Post#16 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:42 pm

UCanNotKillADead wrote:I wanna Wrath Of Heroes too
UCanNotKillADead wrote:Wrath of Heroes was amazing
UCanNotKillADead wrote:I can find more player for Wrath of Heroes !
Spoiler:

Gnash

Post#17 » Sat May 23, 2015 4:07 am

Luth wrote:Imo, every part of WoH (just a MOBA) was worse than WAR (real MMORPG), except the three faction gameplay.
WoH is a (very) light version of WAR and i think no one would play it, when there is the chance to play the "real game". :)
Almost totally agree, and is THE reason I DID and WOULD play it again **WHEN** W.A.R. (RoR) becomes WoW(-ish), imo: when I see hotspots on any lake, charge out there on an alt who needs the RP, or the Main to lend a hand to outnumbered/-geared/-ranked lowbs and run smack into the 'wall of WoW'... 8-16 players (cough-cough-expirates phlegm; pukes in mouth a little-) dueling... on the RvR lake. And the screaming question resounds in my skull,"Are you F*****G KIDDING ME?!" I left WoW because of that, when W.A.R. launched; a game "requiring" group synergy and tactics to function.......... which is why I played WoH. It was for me, immediate gratifying team(spam)based gameplay: log in, queue, get immediate match, run in with team, smoke or get smoked with a tad bit of stategy, and most of all, fast-paced often frenetic push-pull, immediate rewards which were almost immediately usable with a slight touch of feeling able to 'tailor' one's 'game-play' to what one desired while dually able to be 'useful'. I don't kid myself it was a major cancer for W.A.R., but so was Carrie and the "new hairstyles" patch.

Don't hate! I played WoW from 2004-W.A.R.'s release week (mandatory 3-nights a week ZG raids waiting 2 hours to get 40 players who could stay for the WHOLE raid, sit through an hour of explanation by MT for newbs, get an hour in then wait for the replacements for the "loot-hurt" folks........ then BGs for another (AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaarrrggghh!) ). If you like duels, coolio. IMO, shouldn't even be possible in RoR/W.A.R. Too bad group synergy wasn't/isn't more of a factor. I love getting stomped (check out "Getting Stomped in City" on YouTube: my personal favorite video which brings tears, fo real, for the loss we experienced in losing that most special and unique 'thing') JUST as much as doing the stomping... with a condition: veeeerry close, if not tied, score (for SC) or the almost endless push-pull of a keep take/defense or even relic run with dedicated, seasoned players that for the most part saw 'death' only as a deterrent to serving you yours first; intense, determined, (mostly) unflinching... which is unfortunately, imo, what WoH became by W.A.R.'s defaulting to the wall of WoW for a short spell.

When the Ekrund Live Event (with the plaques) arrived and was coddled and loved by the last honest dedicated developer, WoH became toilet paper to me. It did, however, 'fill that gap' [LOL] during one of W.A.R.'s most depressed times. Again, all imo.

For the record: I hope it NEVER returns, because I would play it during ANY, imo, WoW-ish moments in RoR. :P

I'd love to see,"Anyone want to go hunting?" in chat, instead of duel requests. I can dream. :shock:

Good Hunting to all :!:
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

TemplarvanVoytz

Post#18 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:01 am

Wrath of heroes was garbage that tried to appeal to LoL players, most of whom are utter **** and don't belong here anyway.

Ads
Lindisfarne

Post#19 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:06 am

Image WoH
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Libra

Post#20 » Sat May 23, 2015 8:11 am

Druin wrote:Oh dear god.
Sephanol - Chosen || Saora - Magus