Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Archaon691

Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes

Post#1 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Hello guys,
I'm a big fan of Warhammer Online and really happy to see the game online again, good job what you're doing here. I have a general suggestion/question. I think most of you know the game Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes, which was shut down too some time ago (2013 I think). I loved to play the game and I wanted to ask if it's technically possible to create a private server for Wrath of Heroes. I'm no programmer but the game was way more simple than the real Warhammer online so wouldn't it be less elaborate to create such a server than the Return of Reckoning server (maybe all champions for free so no item shop neccessary). Maybe just an idea for the future, if it's technically possible. I would be happy about some feedback.

Greetings Archaon691

Ads
Luth

Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes

Post#2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:21 pm

Imo, every part of WoH (just a MOBA) was worse than WAR (real MMORPG), except the three faction gameplay.
WoH is a (very) light version of WAR and i think no one would play it, when there is the chance to play the "real game". :)

Barbadian

Post#3 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Yeah guys, please divert your resources to coding a completely separate game so 5 people can play it. :D

Archaon691

Post#4 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:40 pm

You can't compare the 2 games, they are just different gametypes... WoH is just a skirmish for example if you dont have the time to play a full MMORPG or if you just wanna playfor fun without levelling, farming ... and the character range is bigger than the MMORPG (for example vampires, undead, ogres skaven and many more). The 6vs6vs6 concept is also totally different and the possibilities of skills and synnergies at least equal to Age of Reckoning.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:14 pm

Even t1 rvr in WAR was way more fun that anything WOH had to offer. It was a simple button smasher, where you hit your 5 keys when the cool down ended.
Dying is no option.

Luth

Post#6 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:15 pm

Archaon691 wrote:You can't compare the 2 games, they are just different gametypes...
As i wrote WoH = MOBA and WAR = MMORPG, yes they are different. But you can compare just the scenarios of WAR with the whole content of WoH.
Archaon691 wrote:and the character range is bigger than the MMORPG (for example vampires, undead, ogres skaven and many more). The 6vs6vs6 concept is also totally different
As i wrote, the three faction gameplay is imo the only good part of the game.
Archaon691 wrote:and the possibilities of skills and synnergies at least equal to Age of Reckoning.
No, seriously no... :D
Because:
- only 5 skills on your bar
- almost no build diversity (tiny "skilltrees", most skills in the trees are upgrades to basic skills)
- bad balance; In WoH you could buy better classes + items with real money. The only semi-legal method to revive the game would be to make it non-profit. If the game would be a real free2play game, everyone would run around with the same handful of OP classes.

Edit: I think there are enough "free2play" MOBAs available yet. I don't think it is worth the development effort to rebuild another one, just because it has warhammer textures.
Afaik WoH also never got over the beta status until it was closed, so i guess it could be buggy as hell / a nightmare to code.

Archaon691

Post#7 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:02 pm

There was many diversity in the skilltrees if you had unlocked all abilities and many synnergies between character classes but ok however (the pay2win aspect sucked you're right therefore free2play concept, there where no such overpowered champions all had their weaknesses).... everyone has his own oppinion, i liked the game and if someone is interested in starting such a project anytime, i would gladly join and help do the work.

Monkeegod

Post#8 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:45 am

I really, really liked WoH. That said, I'm far happier that WAR is back than WoH.

And people complained that it was "Pay to win", yet I never dropped a dime and had all characters and skills. It was great for the 3 team aspect and matchmaking, but it could never, ever replace WAR.

Maybe in 5 years, once we have a fully revived WAR, I would ask people to work on WoH. But for now, I'm content with this.

Ads
UCanNotKillADead

Post#9 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:02 pm

I wanna Wrath Of Heroes too

UCanNotKillADead

Post#10 » Thu May 14, 2015 12:03 pm

Wrath of Heroes was amazing