Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
masterdark11

Re: Warhammer Online Wrath of Heroes

Post#41 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:32 am

Ottmar wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:57 am
masterdark11 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:25 pm Check The "wrath of heroes topic"
they have blocked the topic because they have nothing to answer
Maybe if you'd stuck to just creating one topic you would have been free to discuss this, instead you created a new topic and resurrected two dead topics on the same subject which is generally not appreciated on forums.

Judging by how all three topics went I think it's wise to drop the subject. All three have gone down same route of you calling WOH amazing, everybody else calling it either alright or rubbish, and you telling them that they are wrong. Nothing productive and backs up what multiple people have said that the game was not popular enough to be worth the time & effort to resurrect unless you do it yourself.
at first I searched it in google there was 2 old topic and I wrote 2 comments so I decided to creat a topic and write more comments but they blocked my topic check the "wrath of heroes " topic

Ads
masterdark11

Post#42 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:40 am

The ROR dies. you can resuscitate WOH it has many fans you can earn money by this way
you have ROR so you can update WOH with new characters

Hargrim
Developer

Post#43 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:47 am

Nobody in the team is interested in making WoH game.

Ottmar

Post#44 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:59 pm

masterdark11 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:40 am The ROR dies. you can resuscitate WOH it has many fans you can earn money by this way
you have ROR so you can update WOH with new characters
I'll respond to your two posts in one. You resurrected two old threads & then created another one all with virtually identical posts - They locked two of them because you shouldn't have more than one thread for a discussion.

The fact you said "you can make money" shows that you don't really understand how this works. This project is being run by volunteers not a studio, if they attempted to run this for profit these volunteers would open themselves up to a huge lawsuit from EA and Games Workshop.

And I'll say it again, you're greatly over estimating the number of people who would be interested in playing it. But if you're so confident that you're right and we are all wrong, why don't you go remake the game yourself?

adamthelc

Post#45 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:19 pm

masterdark11 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:43 am
adamthelc wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:30 pm I played wrath of heroes a little, it was alright. It really just made we want to play war though.

Not exactly the same thing, but if you want to play a simplified version of war just do scenarios in T1. It could always use the population boost, the scenarios arent as frequent lately.
ROR scenarios are boring ,not balanced and not qualified
and they are completely different with WOH matches, they was 6vs6vs6 and balanced.
WOH had different game modes, it had grandeur
Then dont play scenarios. Wrath of heroes wasnt that good.

berneke91

Post#46 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:21 pm

masterdark11 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:41 am
berneke91 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:42 pm Never did play Wrath of Heroes but I thought it looked really tacky and just a slimmed down inferior version of WAR
WAR is unbalanced but wrath of heroes was perfect. how can u comment without playing?
By simply giving the impression i got from the game from when it was announced and subsequently released. It never did pick up a significant playerbase which kinda reinforced my first impression of it and most reviews i read about it was lukewarm as best.
Jucka Skullcrusher - Blorc RR8X
Melwin Smelwin - SH RR8X
Juckanizer - Mara RR7X
Demagoguery - Zealot RR40
Juckalainen - DoK RR40
Choptastic - Choppa RR4X

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#47 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 pm

the only thing Wrath of Heroes did right imo is having 3 "factions"
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

benwilkinson

Post#48 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:57 pm

I realize this is an old post and it's unlikely anyone will see this, but I deeply wish that WoH were revived somehow. It was a sublime design with easily remedied issues ESPECIALLY if you are trying to make this a freely available / volunteer ran thing like RoR is. If your major complaint (as I've seen many people say here) is that the heroes were imbalanced, that is an easily surmountable issue and should not be used to discount the design elements of WoH that were great. 6v6v6 was awesome but some of us also loved WoH for being easily accessible in terms of very simple small hero kits that were still fun.

If I had the ability to revive it, I would pour whatever amount of time and effort needed to make it happen. Unfortunately, I don't even know if it is possible. If there is anyone out there that can do this, PLEASE PLEASE contact me! Mentor me and work with me! I have some technical knowledge and I can learn!

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Post#49 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:47 pm

4.6 Avoid thread necromancy. :shock:
If a thread’s last post was more than a month ago, do not post in it. Maybe start a new topic!

Source: Terms of Use & Expectations
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607