Recent Topics

Ads

Discord - Official RoR server

Let's talk about... everything else
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Discord - Official RoR server

Post#1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:57 pm

The Return of Reckoning Discord server is where we, the volunteer staff running the show, and you, the passionate community of valued players, can come together and do all the things people do on a Discord server.
This is of course a moderated space, follow the same Terms of Use that you can find here on the website.

Here's the very short form of the rules. They're simple.
  • Don't be a jerk
  • Be kind to staff
  • NSFW is not welcome
  • Use appropriate channels so we can help effectively
  • No offensive, political, vulgar, or racially charged conversations
In exchange, we offer you the following.
  • We will try our best to offer you a pleasant experience.
  • We will consider any constructive and appropriately constructed feedback.
  • We will provide a high level of communication when game services are impacted, intentional or otherwise.
  • We will maintain a neutral position when it comes to realm bias. Some jokes may be shared in light heart, but we value all players equally.
  • We will not unceremoniously yeet you from the server with harsh prejudice unless you clearly deserved it. The rules are easy. :)
How to join and get verified*
  1. Click the really cool customized link we have! discord.gg/returnofreckoning
  2. If it doesn't work, click the boring old link we have. discord.gg/G9jDWgv
  3. Access to the Discord server is temporary until you get verified. If you browse away from the server, it may disconnect you.
  4. The best way to get verified is to message the blue Return of Reckoning Bot
  5. If the bot is missing or just ignoring you (it breaks sometimes), post the spoiler below in one of the chat channels and a staff member will help you out.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

"Hi, my forum name is XXXX. Please add me to the Verified group."
* Getting verified means your name on the Discord server will match your name on the forums. We use this for integration with the site and to expedite support issues.
If you do not want to share your forum name, we understand, however your access will remain temporary and some features/perks will not be available.

But what about the perks?!
  • Message History becomes available for all channels
  • off-topic-music for all the good vibes and music videos we chill to
  • content-creators for our creative types and rising video producers to show off their talents
  • twitch-streams featuring the StreamReckoningBot who finds your streams on Twitch while you're streaming the game using what we assume is bot-magic
  • new-emojis for when you find that really good one that just captures your feelings. Only the finest emojis are added to the collective. Also memes.
  • lfg-and-trade section for finding groups, guilds, buyers and sellers of in-game items, and people looking to trade gold from one realm to the other.
Staff use this as their primary chat platform to collaborate and work on the game. That's not a license to bother them, the more social ones will be in your channels frequently to hang out.
If you have questions or troubles, reach out to fellow community members rather than pinging staff. Lots of common questions can be answered that way.

Ads
sonorous

Re: Official RoR Discord

Post#2 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Awesome. Do we just direct message a mod or gm to get verified or is there a channel we can post in... like advice. Just dont wanna flood u guys.
Kolland & Irolland

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Welcome to PM me, I'll get around to you eventually.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

FearTheGriff

Post#4 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:06 am

Already kicked from the discord for posting a dank meme

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:09 am

FearTheGriff wrote:Already kicked from the discord for posting a dank meme
Congrats.

If you wouldn't post it on the forums, don't post it on Discord.

Grock

Post#6 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:46 am

Oh finally! A lot of people there don't seem to like Discord, but its the best voice comm for casual play out there.
Hopefully it won't die off like two other servers started by some community members.

10 minutes before being able to chat is a little excessive though, haven't seen that even on the huge servers(with hundreds and thousands of members)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Rofii

Post#7 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:23 am

Grock wrote:10 minutes before being able to chat is a little excessive though, haven't seen that even on the huge servers(with hundreds and thousands of members)
Agreed. I'm on several discords with 5,000+ and I've never seen this feature used.

holyroseknight

Post#8 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:35 am

I feel that strong moderation is almost required this early in the server's life. Some people get out of hand very quickly.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:17 am

Dresden wrote: Shall i just put the new url in the official bit and leave the old one in the unofficial bit?

Cos that section was formed by "Do it or i'll spank you!" instruction from staff.
Well that sounds like a good time indeed. I'll poke Nath to respond with his desires.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#10 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:03 am

I never made it, I simply linked it to you when asked since I knew about it :D

Its mostly dead though (at least it was when I left it 1 or 2 weeks ago) but I would personally leave it under unofficial, if people want to use that one (which is unmoderated from staff I might add) thats fine :D