Recent Topics

Ads

[RoR Graphics Upgrade] ReShade

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Azorast

[RoR Graphics Upgrade] ReShade

Post#1 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:21 pm

-Hello warmongers, today I want to share with all of you a great tool that will improve the graphic experience of our RoR. This tool its called: Reshade.

And... ¿What is ReShade?:
ReShade is an advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video software developed by crosire. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more ... ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information (latter is automatically disabled during multiplayer to prevent exploitation) and all the tools to make it happen.

The possibilities are endless! Add advanced depth-edge-detection-driven SMAA antialiasing, screen space ambient occlusion, depth of field effects, chromatic aberration, dynamic film grain, automatic saturation and color correction, cross processing, multi-pass blurring ... you name it.

ReShade supports all of Direct3D 9, Direct3D 10, Direct3D 11 and OpenGL.
A computer with Windows Vista SP1 or higher (Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10) and the DirectX end-user runtime installed is required.

ReShade features its very own shading language and transcompiler, called ReShade FX. The syntax is based on HLSL, adding useful features designed for developing post-processing-effects: Define and use textures right from the shader code, render to them, change renderstates, retrieve color and depth data, request custom values like timers or key states, ...

And that's not it. Write your shaders just once, they'll work everywhere, regardless of your target being Direct3D or OpenGL: ReShade takes care of compiling them to the right shader model and language.

ReShade is an Open Source project. As of January 1st 2017, ReShade is open sourced under the terms and conditions of the BSD 3-clause license! You can help development with your own contributions via the official GitHub repository.
You will see the difference!
  • ReShade OFF
  • ReShade ON
  • ReShade OFF
  • ReShade ON

You can download this tool from his official web: https://reshade.me/ and try the differents settings. Hope you will enjoy this tool and we can all find the best settings and share then with the RoR Community!

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: [RoR Graphics Upgrade] ReShade

Post#2 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:44 am

ragafury

Post#3 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:00 am

Using reshade on pubg.
Takes perhaps 5 FPS but makes it easy to spot enemies.

Haven't tried it here. But my opinion about is really good.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Azorast

Post#4 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Yes, i know this post. But i want to try the new ReShade 3.0.8 version. Maybe somebody can share his presets and screenshots!

Telperien

Post#5 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Sildurs topic is about his personal settings via butchered Reashade 2.0 using custom file for enabling lightmaps. Reshade 3.0 is a bit different in use (different UI and preset conf/savings), imho much better... but. Yes, lightmaps not working (at least with v3.0.6 i used to use). Because of that Sildurs preset looks much better.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

GamekNight

Post#6 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:36 am

Hello - Azorast you know me, and here is my preset (it won't let me attach files to the forum)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... eshade.ini
Remember to disable LIGHTMAPS in-game, or you will get white glowy models!

Enabled:

Disabled:
Game kNight - YouTuber/Streamer
Co-Leader of the kNightly Buddyhood - Destruction

Elftwin95

Post#7 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:10 pm

So..I tried to use this reshader tool and now my launcher will not open the game for me. I do not get any error massages or such, just that nothing happens. Is there any way to uninstall this tool somehow?
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Ads
gulesbaron

Post#9 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:33 pm

I just installed Reshade 5.
After playing for about 30 mins all the player, NPC and MOBs turned bright white.
At the time I had zero effects selected in Reshade and was running Quality for in game video selected. I did go to Oooh SHiny for a bit and that didnt seem to change anything.
I tried a /rel with no luck.
Logged out - No Luck.
Quit - no luck.
Uninstalled reshade and all is fine. I think I am going to stay away from this addon.

Phantasm

Post#10 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:57 pm

Spoiler:
gulesbaron wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:33 pm I just installed Reshade 5.
After playing for about 30 mins all the player, NPC and MOBs turned bright white.
At the time I had zero effects selected in Reshade and was running Quality for in game video selected. I did go to Oooh SHiny for a bit and that didnt seem to change anything.
I tried a /rel with no luck.
Logged out - No Luck.
Quit - no luck.
Uninstalled reshade and all is fine. I think I am going to stay away from this addon.
Use this. Reshade is a tricky for older games.