Recent Topics

Ads

WarEmu Translation Project

Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Español, Français, Italiano, Polski and Pусский subforums.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nefarian78

Re: WarEmu Translation Project

Post#21 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Nefarian78 wrote: Edit: I didn't even think about it, and just right now i came across a "Choppa" a "Twanga" and a "Shoota" How do i translate those monsters into italian? *cries*
I would say that not all names have to be translated at all cost. :)

Choppa comes from Chopping and shoota from shooting. They're just broken words, adapted for the orcs to speak because of their huge mouths and teeths, i'd like to translate them if it's possible.

Im asking every italian person i know that knows about warhammer if they can provide some links to orc language translated or localized to italian, but so far no luck.

The people i've asked that own miniatures simply told me that other than the more basic names (black orc or savage orcs, for example) they just use the english name for stuff like Morboys or Ardboys

I'm starting to think that the greenskin speech doesn't even exist in italian.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
rmpl

Post#22 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:25 pm

Scrilian wrote:Worst part so far is translating something like Icefang Poisonmaw without it sounding completely cringey and outright hilarious if you actually translate in word-by-word into russian :D
I've always wondered if native English speakers find stuff like "Icefang Poisonmaw" cringy

angrelion

[German]WarEmu Translation Project

Post#23 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:32 pm

I have a question about names of characters and places. I'm not sure: translate them or not?
In my case it is for the german translation, I remenber that World of Warcraft did translate all the names at some point, but that was crap. I feel like doing the same mistake(in my opinion) here.
It would be great to have an opinion of the RoR-Community, what do they want?

szejoza

Post#24 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 am

Imo, names of places should be left as they are, as long as they are non-english (Shard of Grief should be translated, while Altdorf or Gotland shouldn't). There's just too much mix of different languages in game.

As for stuff like [precursor slasha] etc. I wonder how mythic resolved that in other language packs? Is for example slasha translated completely to something in german or is it Vorläuferslasha? (ye, I googled that, sorry german folks)
First the pattern needs to be made how to treat specific cases (for example, we translate KoTBS, but do we translate Choppa?, almost all classes can be translated directly)

I'd help but my native language isn't on the list here (and well, when I read the translated books from Black Library I switched to the original english versions, it was that insufferable to read :D)
Spoiler:

Noergl

Post#25 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 am

Gw had always the idea for the empire to fill it with cool sounding german words for names and places. In one of the rpg books for example the demon of malal was named “Zahnarzt“... which simply means “dentist“ :lol: if that doesnt let players feel the fear and terror, what else :twisted:
I wouldnt translate things like Salzenmund or Norsca, but for example “gunbad“ is known to german players as “Düsterberg“. Its tricky, if unsure leave the particular translation open for someone else. Just my recommendation, but perhaps Max will clarify...
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

angrelion

Post#26 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:00 pm

That's the main problem I have, Noergl. Many names are already german-ish enough for my taste. But not every time it is that easy, like Altdorf, which of course is an german word and I know from translated books, that this is how gw managed it.
I found a great multilingual page: http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page english, german and also france is avaible.

MaxHayman
Management

Post#27 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:37 am

These have been put on the test server.

Currently only parts of T1 Empire vs Chaos are done.

So if any tester is not natively english wants to test around. Just make sure you /language id or change your language option in the launcher.

Currently there are some German, Italian and Spanish translations.

Max Hayman

mogt

Post#28 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:57 am

nice with the german translation, becautiful, because many players dont understand english

Ads
Cimba

Post#29 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:11 am

I did a testrun for the german translation yesterday for empire and chaos and added some translation suggestions for stuff that was still missing.

Going forward with the translations I see some problems with maintaining consistency. For example quest descriptions often contain the name of NPCs or Objects. Which can have multiple translations that may or may not change due to the voting process. Without some crosslinks between the NPCs/Objects and the Quest descriptions is going to be very tedious to maintain consistency.

Does Crowdin offer a feature for these kind of links?

MaxHayman
Management

Post#30 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:33 am

Currently there is no cross referencing between quests. It is hopefully something we can try and tackle in the future.

All translations have been pushed to the dev server.
Max Hayman