Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] 15pt Path of Scout Ability

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
daniilpb

[SW] 15pt Path of Scout Ability

Post#1 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:24 pm

Identify the issue

Low effectiveness and usefulness of Scout stance in most cases especially compared to other stationary range dps classes such as BW and Engineer.

Explain why it is an issue

The class using this stance does not have much to offer to the group: nor reliable damage, nor good utility. It is pointless to bring Scout SW to small-scale group play or WB environment. It happens mostly because of problems of the build such as AP management, high cast times and typical rdps problems such as LOS and utility etc. Mostly, this type of Shadow Warrior has to rely on Festering Arrow that hits hard but there are not many opportunities to follow with other damaging skills to finish the target or support your group through assisting.

Propose a viable solution to the problem:

New 15 pt ability in Path of The Scout:
Shadow Walker.
Requires Scout stance. (You must be in Scout stance to activate the ability, you can change stance after that and effect of the ability will persist)
Insta Cast. 10 seconds duration. 20 seconds cooldown.
You become a Shadow Walker. You start to absorb shadows around you filling your arrows with the power of darkness. Your next 12 range attacks (both abilities and AAs) to each deal an additional 300 (scales with mastery points (1 point tree = 10 damage) (450 damage at 15 points))* spirit damage to your target (0.5 second ICD).
* - Witchbrew damage scales almost by the same rules.

Background.
Source: Shadow Warriors Warscroll.
Logically, this is not possible to double the amount of attacks because it would mirror the Unshakable Focus, so, I decided to try to save the main idea.
Source: Mordheim Warbands.
As you can see, I merged both concepts into something related to extra damage and the power of shadows. Also it will synergize with AM/SM abilities which is also gameplay- and lore-friendly decision.

Getting this ability may result in loss of such important skills like Heal Debuff (clearly, you won't be able to take extra range tactic so no chance to rely on dots' damage) or any other skills of Scout Tree. Also long cast times of Scout skills should prevent huge damage spikes.
Hopefully, it would slightly increase the burst potential of Scout tree by providing some follow-up damage to every attack. It would also open a possibility to apply some constant pressure on the target which is welcome in group play.
Last edited by daniilpb on Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout .

Post#2 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Open for discussion. Will be locked in TWO WEEKS from now (22nd May).

A reminder: any comments that antagonise or divert from the OP will be met with a warning.

darude83
Suspended

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#3 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:38 pm

I admire your commitment to the Scout SW, and i hate to say it, but i don't like this. SW already has a 30sec. dmg cd, and the scout tree should be adjusted by tweaking the scout stance, not some 15 pt. ability. I really liked your last proposal regarding the Scout Stance and AA dmg, and was hoping that one would get moved to discussion...where did it go?
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

dansari

Re: [Shadow Warrior] new 15pt ability in Path of The Scout . [Close Date: 22nd May]

Post#4 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:50 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:38 pm I admire your commitment to the Scout SW, and i hate to say it, but i don't like this. SW already has a 30sec. dmg cd, and the scout tree should be adjusted by tweaking the scout stance, not some 15 pt. ability. I really liked your last proposal regarding the Scout Stance and AA dmg, and was hoping that one would get moved to discussion...where did it go?
Not moved yet: viewtopic.php?f=95&t=26056#p294648
<Salt Factory>

darude83
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm

That one is great, it addresses most of the issues with scout, i had the excact same ideas, theres precedent for the AA increase with the assault changes. The "clarity procc" should also be easy to implement, since it already exists on sets, and wouldn't overlap with the existing tactics.

So how come that never got moved?
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:01 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm That one is great, it addresses most of the issues with scout, i had the excact same ideas, theres precedent for the AA increase with the assault changes. The "clarity procc" should also be easy to implement, since it already exists on sets, and wouldn't overlap with the existing tactics.

it didn't get moved because I am particularly interested in discussing potential 15 point abilities, in light of Wrath/Torture additions.

daniilpb

Post#7 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:07 pm

darude83 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:58 pm That one is great, it addresses most of the issues with scout, i had the excact same ideas, theres precedent for the AA increase with the assault changes. The "clarity procc" should also be easy to implement, since it already exists on sets, and wouldn't overlap with the existing tactics.

Well, it might be pushed some day, but I don't think it would fix all the problems of the stance so why not discuss other ideas since we are allowed to.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

darude83
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:01 pm

it didn't get moved because I am particularly interested in discussing potential 15 point abilities, in light of Wrath/Torture additions.
It made sense for those two classes, to add an important ability, to negate a glaring weakness of these two classes. To force this concept onto a totally different class, which has all the abilities it needs, that would do fine with some slight tweaks, sounds like a terrible idea.
Forestmistress - SW 6x
Etealas - BG 6x

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Last derail from me:
Spoiler:
just because I haven't yet moved it doesn't mean it won't potentially be moved; I haven't come round to it, and decided to push this one for now as it would be less arduous a task, while also setting a precedent for future proposals (i.e. 15 pt abilities are a possibility/can be incorporated into said future proposals).
Keep it pertinent to OP now, lads. :twisted:

Darks63

Post#10 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:23 pm

Kinda seems like a slightly less crap version of the sorc 13 pointer. I dont see dropping all the useful tools in skirmisher just to do an extra 3000(pre mit and not counting dodges) every 30 sec.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.