Magus damage question?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
Reesh
Posts: 433

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#31 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 pm

I made this clip especially for this thread.


Click here to watch on YouTube

Don't be a bad AoE Magus, be a good spike Magus.
Image

User avatar
Renork
Posts: 1126

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#32 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Reesh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 pm
I made this clip especially for this thread.


Click here to watch on YouTube

Don't be a bad AoE Magus, be a good spike Magus.
You can kill a bad bw with any spec :^) (I mean, really wtf where you doing there lol) Sniper magus is the most boring spec ever (with 0 mobility) and only works against squishy casters and unguarded mdps. Now imagine how fun it would be if disrupt was slightly tweaked so you’re not stuck ignoring 50% of the classes.

User avatar
Reesh
Posts: 433

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#33 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:53 pm

Renork wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:45 pm
Reesh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 pm
I made this clip especially for this thread.


Click here to watch on YouTube

Don't be a bad AoE Magus, be a good spike Magus.
You can kill a bad bw with any spec :^) (I mean, really wtf where you doing there lol) Sniper magus is the most boring spec ever (with 0 mobility) and only works against squishy casters and unguarded mdps. Now imagine how fun it would be if disrupt was slightly tweaked so you’re not stuck ignoring 50% of the classes.
I mean, on the spawn trying to kill something? :D
Yeeeah, I know, yet still magus is the highest spike class in the game, and when everything goes down according to plan, like on the clip, it's just fun :)
Image

Ads
User avatar
Tesq
Posts: 4127

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#34 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:26 am

Sedok wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:08 pm
Tesq wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:20 pm
gets better with gear, go domni+beastlord and get those disrupt striektrough, it's more problematic have a 65 build, when it should be default 85" without spend a tactic...15 "+ are alredy enough as a potential tradeout vs bw/sorc/engi(snipe); 35"+ is a bit too much, hope in client controll which gona make it a bit better by standardide some ranges...whish at least. Still not holding a lot of ground when face someone that know how to cleanse.
well i play change because i like the dot thing tough is not that consistently i have to tell that i only have problem hit healers or when things go hold the line heavy; most likely i hate not be able to threat healers especially when the build require be that close which then should lead to be able to thread anything.

conqueror? i think the best way is genesis /beastlord /domi for the max disrupt striketrought; int you dont need much, int dont coutner 100% enemy willp just 75% of it so even if you have 1000 you will counter just till 750 if enemy have 1000. if enemy have 750 then they will still have 187 left of their will which gona influence their disrupt.

best invest in % striketrought leave int at 1k and rest put it in crits/avoidance/crit reduction. (the dmg increase anyway from int is so low that just use smartly your points from mastery is better.

there are some jimmiks which help such best int weapons around is epic quest and dot build will anyway need ap tactic from right mastery tactic so you can drop ap from sc weapon and go with epic 2h it turn better for the build due stats need it also came with wounds proc. at least this is how i goingn around for change build, tough still rr 50 i would think the build will "shine" better with 20 rr more.
Compared to a havoc magus i need more stats to balance it better so i could still turn out on par with a same level one but require more time to "shine" than an havoc.
Image

Nazgul--> ambitious but rubbish, cit Blast :D

MedV
Posts: 81

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#35 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 am

Reesh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 pm
I made this clip especially for this thread.


Click here to watch on YouTube

Don't be a bad AoE Magus, be a good spike Magus.
There are 2 Magi there hitting you I believe. I could be wrong, there is deff 2 magi up there attacking, whether they are both targeting you im not sure.
Medicii- 30/40+ Magus... (2 Gold bags.. 3 Purple... and a Blue...with nothing to show for it)
MedVi- 40/50+ Zealot
MedX- 40/40+ Witch Hunter
Kingsmen- 40/40+ White Lion

User avatar
Reesh
Posts: 433

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#36 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:27 am

Spoiler:
MedV wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 am
Reesh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 pm
I made this clip especially for this thread.


Click here to watch on YouTube

Don't be a bad AoE Magus, be a good spike Magus.
There are 2 Magi there hitting you I believe. I could be wrong, there is deff 2 magi up there attacking, whether they are both targeting you im not sure.
It's a single one, other one is running. There's nothing wrong with that. I just posted it to cheer up the potential wannabie magus ;-)
Image

User avatar
Darosh
Posts: 1090

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#37 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 am

Reesh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:27 am
Spoiler:
MedV wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 am
Reesh wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:36 pm
I made this clip especially for this thread.


Click here to watch on YouTube

Don't be a bad AoE Magus, be a good spike Magus.
There are 2 Magi there hitting you I believe. I could be wrong, there is deff 2 magi up there attacking, whether they are both targeting you im not sure.
It's a single one, other one is running. There's nothing wrong with that. I just posted it to cheer up the potential wannabie magus ;-)
By showing them that there are BWs that needlessly tunnelvision, don't use their detaunt to counter telegraphed burst and apparently can't be arsed to use LoS to break an active rotation while their own semi-instant one ticks away?
R.I.P. Lampy | date of birth unknown - ✝ 2/6/2017 | +∞ K/D
-
"Abbd." looks fancier than "Add." ~ habits.
-
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Reesh
Posts: 433

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#38 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:30 am

Spoiler:
Darosh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 am
Reesh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:27 am
Spoiler:
MedV wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:16 am


There are 2 Magi there hitting you I believe. I could be wrong, there is deff 2 magi up there attacking, whether they are both targeting you im not sure.
It's a single one, other one is running. There's nothing wrong with that. I just posted it to cheer up the potential wannabie magus ;-)
By showing them that there are BWs that needlessly tunnelvision, don't use their detaunt to counter telegraphed burst and apparently can't be arsed to use LoS to break an active rotation while their own semi-instant one ticks away?
Yet, you've decided to simply be a d*ck.
You wouldn't break a los in that situation, when boc was already otw.
And yeah, order was getting farmed so I didn't care a tiny bit. It's still a fun one to watch when someone pull it off in a short time frame (8 seconds of regular time).
Image

Arteker616
Posts: 352

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#39 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Reesh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:30 am
Spoiler:
Darosh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:41 am
Reesh wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:27 am
Spoiler:
It's a single one, other one is running. There's nothing wrong with that. I just posted it to cheer up the potential wannabie magus ;-)
By showing them that there are BWs that needlessly tunnelvision, don't use their detaunt to counter telegraphed burst and apparently can't be arsed to use LoS to break an active rotation while their own semi-instant one ticks away?
Yet, you've decided to simply be a d*ck.
You wouldn't break a los in that situation, when boc was already otw.
And yeah, order was getting farmed so I didn't care a tiny bit. It's still a fun one to watch when someone pull it off in a short time frame (8 seconds of regular time).
Isnt about being a disck is the fact u served him head by being just plain and simple bad, u not just did not detaunted when was obvious u got the start a rotation coming but the worst, u did not even bother to use cauterize when it would had help u big to get rid of the debuff, but the very best one was the fact u did not even bother to silence him when he was on midle of the rotation and u could have survived since he had no inmunities .

Tankbeardz
Posts: 462

Re: Magus damage question?

Post#40 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 pm

There are a lot of people who don't play a decent magus talking **** in here.

This class is one of the classes that got hit the hardest with these silly disrupt changes yet people think the tornado is it's savior? GTFO of here and go theory craft about other bullshit.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests